Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

simple request

Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
edited December 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
My college sim went home to visit her parents and took her boyfriend along. It would be real nice it she could introduce boyfriend to parents and siblings. Instead they all just ignored him. It would also be great if sims could introduce fiance to friends and family.
Also it shouldn't be inappropriate for her to serve brunch!

Laugh out loud. Often

Comments

• EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    She couldn't use the Talk Up interaction to introduce them?
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    An introduce X to Y interaction would be really nice to have, just generically. Though I wonder how much use it would be since sims just jump into complete strangers' conversations anyway.

To solve the "inappropriate" issue, when my sim was in college, I gave him the "always welcome" reward trait. That allowed him to visit home, and act like it was his home, sleeping in his own bed, cooking meals, etc. without getting scolded or kicked out.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    true, it'd be nice to have an "introduce romantic partner" interaction for family members that makes them pay more attention to your partner and gives them a small relationship boost.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    @GlacierSnow I did end up giving her the reward trait but think this is rather dumb considering she used to live there and had no problem sleeping in her bed or showering.
    Laugh out loud. Often
    @eleri true but talking up someone is not the same as an introduction. Thankyou for your response.
    Laugh out loud. Often
    @honeywitch , It would be the normal think to do, Mom , dad , meet my boyfriend or fiance, husband , or friend upon the first meeting. I also hate that you can't invite your partners family to the wedding if you've never met them.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Aaaw, yeah. That would be such a nice addition!