Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• Options
    SandyLovingSandyLoving Posts: 240 Member
    Exactly @JustMeAlb! That was SO much better!
  • Options
    SuperSillySimSuperSillySim Posts: 132 Member
    IS anyone elses game crash? I tried the EA Help, I even tried calling and the guy said "we know its an on going issue, there is no fix"

• Options

I have tried everything possible there. I even called and all they said was "its a known issue, they dont have any solutions, be patient"

ITS BEEN A WEEK !!! Ah
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Sorry to hear that simmers are having problems with this EA app. I'm not going to play 3 for at least a month to hopefully give them time to work out the kinks.
  • Options
    KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm having a heck of a time trying to play this game!
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
  • Options
    Thank you for the link @simgirl1010! This error is surely annoying!
  • Options
    KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    @simgirl1010 I followed @crinrict 's advice and it worked....for now!
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 256 Member
    EA App was updated this morning.
    It's found a new trick now.
    When playing offline the EA App suffers from some mysterious "serious unrecoverable error" and needs you to restart the app and relog to the servers.
    Oddly enough, the game Sims 4 is fine and will keep running smoothly unless you save and exit the game.
    There also doesn't seem to be an error report or crash log generated.

Do have fun though.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    Ok so I did what was suggested and took all my mods, etc out. I even took all my saves out so maybe it would help to download easier. Well it downloaded but EA says I own Standard Edition. I originally bought the Limited Edition and The Life of the Party Digital Content was also included. When I first opened after the EA turnover from Origin, it said Standard. It has not changed and I'm tired of getting the comment "Some items have been removed. You either don't own the items or the person signed in doesn't.... What can I do?
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    edited March 2023
    halfnotes9 wrote: »
    Ok so I did what was suggested and took all my mods, etc out. I even took all my saves out so maybe it would help to download easier. Well it downloaded but EA says I own Standard Edition. I originally bought the Limited Edition and The Life of the Party Digital Content was also included. When I first opened after the EA turnover from Origin, it said Standard. It has not changed and I'm tired of getting the comment "Some items have been removed. You either don't own the items or the person signed in doesn't.... What can I do?

We've seen reports of this before, even though it shows the Standard Edition can you check under Manage Addons and see if you have the Limited/Deluxe content installed as well?

You also may want to check this thread to see if you're experiencing the same issue with the CAS demo.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options

This worked for me! Thank you much! :)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited March 2023
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    You also may want to check this thread to see if you're experiencing the same issue with the CAS demo.

EA app doesn't like when there are several entries of TS4 (Origin, Steam and Epic) in the library.

The side menu launches TS4 (Origin) but the page launches TS4 (Epic) + Epic Games Launcher

7zd0fxwrhoys.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited March 2023
    I've got the Digital Deluxe Edition, it shows as Standard in the App. Awesome Animal Hats, Life of the Party und Up All Night are shown in the app and are to be found ingame. Only the digital Sims 4 soundtrack is missing.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I have the Premium Edition, but it shows Standard Edition and now the Awesome Animal Hats and digital soundtrack are missing.
  • Options
    Katzc wrote: »
    I'm having a heck of a time trying to play this game!

Same. Once I get into it, it keeps crashing. EA helpline isnt very helpful. I keep getting told "that it is a known issue"
  • Options
    JohnnyFelixBearJohnnyFelixBear Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having issue with the app and I can't seem the load the game
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I'm also having issues with the EA App and I've been trying for the last 2 weeks to get an answer to the following question:

Can the notification for updating the EA App itself be turned off and if so, how to do it?

Because it likes to pop up over the top of full screen YouTube videos and that's not something I want to happen. I don't want to be watching something and have my immersion broken because the EA App needs to update.

@EA_Cade can you help me figure that out? I've tried other routes but I'm getting nowhere fast.

I'd be satisfied with a "It's currently not possible." answer. I'd suggest to put on a list of features to consider adding in the future. I just want an answer to make sure I'm not missing something when I looked to see what I could change with regards to the notifications I get.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,661 Member
    edited April 2023
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    I'm also having issues with the EA App and I've been trying for the last 2 weeks to get an answer to the following question:

Can the notification for updating the EA App itself be turned off and if so, how to do it?

Because it likes to pop up over the top of full screen YouTube videos and that's not something I want to happen. I don't want to be watching something and have my immersion broken because the EA App needs to update.

@EA_Cade can you help me figure that out? I've tried other routes but I'm getting nowhere fast.

I'd be satisfied with a "It's currently not possible." answer. I'd suggest to put on a list of features to consider adding in the future. I just want an answer to make sure I'm not missing something when I looked to see what I could change with regards to the notifications I get.

You can turn off notifications and automatic updates in settings.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    I've got the Digital Deluxe Edition, it shows as Standard in the App. Awesome Animal Hats, Life of the Party und Up All Night are shown in the app and are to be found ingame. Only the digital Sims 4 soundtrack is missing.

The soundtrack is in the Up All Night bonus content. I have the same Digital Deluxe Upgrade Edition. I was scared that I had lost that also but I googled it and the soundtrack is included. It's just not specifically listed. You can breathe easier now.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Gagea wrote: »

Look in the EA App for your game and go to Manage Add Ons. If you see Bonus Content, that's where all your stuff is located now. It's just been condensed into one Bonus Content icon.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    February11 wrote: »

And it's been trying to update on me anyways despite having as many of the settings turned off as I can find, but I've been blocking its updates because I've figured out how to deal with it as is and would rather not have to figure out new batches of glitches.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Seera1024 wrote: »

I just want to turn off the notifications for the EA App needing to be updated.

I don't want to miss a friend request.

I don't want to miss a chat.

Right now, I can't find a way to make it so that I get invites for friends and chats but NOT the EA App needing to be updated.

That's what I'm asking for.

And that's what seems to be impossible for EA to answer.

I'd also love for the app to update itself I close the app and allow us to close the app when it wants to update. Not start up and then tell me I have to restart the app or force me to restart the app before I close it down. Was killing some high RAM usage programs as I was having issues with high memory (way too many tabs open) and had to force kill the EA App as I didn't want to update it, I wanted to close it.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member

The soundtrack is in the Up All Night bonus content. I have the same Digital Deluxe Upgrade Edition. I was scared that I had lost that also but I googled it and the soundtrack is included. It's just not specifically listed. You can breathe easier now.

But how do you access the soundtrack? In Origin you could find it under Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Soundtrack.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top