Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm normally patient but...

GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
I can't wait for the infants to come!!!!! I wish they were here now!!!!

I've paused my game, not letting my sims have children because of the infants. I wish we could get more info on them. That would be nice. I really do hope they are coming in January.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. *goes back to lurking*

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    I feel the same, but with a bit more willingness to wait XD. I expect them probably between March-May for some reason, it just feels right. But I've been advocating for exactly this since like 2018. In 2018 I even had SimGuruFrost reply to me asking me what I meant by a babies update and yet because I never check twitter i didn't see it until way later :( But It's finally happening and I'm so hype for it! I've waited 4 years, I can wait a little longer.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Lol I forgot all about infants, which is terrible because I have often been asking for #FreeTheBabies

I hope it's January too, but I'd rather wait longer and have them be awesome than get them quick with glitches.
  • VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    Same here!! The wait, the silence, I'm trying so hard to be patient, but no information, just a little clip and we have no idea if it'll be announced/released in January, so it could be even later than that. All they said was "Early 2023", and we know what The Sims "Soon" is. lol. I can't even play my game right now. But the positive thing about this wait is that I can set my game up and prepare it for the new patch.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    I started a legacy so I can look back at the final sims that won't age up from infant but I can't wait and I hope early is really early and not like May or something...that's still the first half of the year after all.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    I feel the same way!! I wish they'd give us a bit more info. I really hope they release in jaunary too, especially since we've been waiting 8 years for this!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    Looking forward to check out the baby stage, but I normally don't play neither babies nor toddlers a lot, so whether it happens in January or March makes little difference to my game.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I am super excited for our little infants, they look so much fun. I loved out sims 2 babies and the infants look even more fun with crawling and so on :)<3
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm excited and also nervous for what the update will break.

The last time they messed with lifespans it broke some peoples saves, I hope that won't happen again.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited December 2022
    Had a save that I haven’t really touched since they showed them. My sims have a baby and that’s it. I NEEED this update already.
    Any new screenshots or details about them will quell my needs…I hope
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    My sims will just have to have more babies when that day comes :)
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
    Yes I too hope that the Infants life stage won’t mess with existing Sims. That was so annoying.
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    Literally came here tonight, to find out if I was the only one becoming impatient too! I cannot wait! I'm really hoping "early 2023" means in January. I've spent the last 3 weeks, making sure my game is ready. ( I will literally play offline, for almost a year) if the patches break games or Mods I have... just because I don't want to deal with it. BUT.. with babies coming soon? Ohhh no. I had to update (finally) and patch things up, so that I'm ready!

*Also wanted to add, in retail time, early, typically means 1st quarter, which means Jan-April. I hope its January tho. We have waited SOOo long. I wish we could get some more info tho! It would be really cool, if they "went into labor" early, and we got babies for Xmas!!!

-begins singing- I'm dreaming, of Sim babies for Christmas ... la la la la la la la

COME ON EA !!!!!! --- Drop them babies !!!!!
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    I actually don’t want more info. I’d like a release date but I hope they don’t say anything about how they work and just drop them 😂. I also hope they’re good.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    edited December 2022
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I can't wait for the infants to come!!!!! I wish they were here now!!!!

I've paused my game, not letting my sims have children because of the infants. I wish we could get more info on them. That would be nice. I really do hope they are coming in January.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. *goes back to lurking*

I'm finding everything to do, but play my game right now. I've got it bad. After turning aging off, something I normally don't do, so that the existing children won't age up too far, I'm finding myself changing my mind on starting with the first child all over again. I hate to say it, I'm almost growing bored with the Toddler stage, as a result. :open_mouth: Hopefully, that's only a passing sensation and not one that will continue to plague me. But, I think that's behind my desire to do just about anything else but play.

I did work on a lot yesterday and the day before that. I left the lot two days ago miffed because it wouldn't give me the flat top on the second floor, which you need if you're going to add a roof. I ended up saving that partial build, bulldozed the lot, and trying again from scratch yesterday. Whatever the problem was, it was gone and I was able to complete the build. I still have to furnish it. See? Reasons not to play. Which is sad. The mod I need to play my singer Sim has just been updated, too, after a very long wait. Erik can now throw live concerts without hamper. Photoshoots, too. I've also got a sub-storyline going with his younger brother, Dr. Joseph A. Cantrell, Jr. The Socially Awkward Sim has finally found a woman. You would think concentrating on that end of things would keep me playing. No.

But, I did just completed the editing on my latest novel. Family tree is coming along. Oi.
    s_stutler wrote: »
    Literally came here tonight, to find out if I was the only one becoming impatient too! I cannot wait! I'm really hoping "early 2023" means in January. I've spent the last 3 weeks, making sure my game is ready. ( I will literally play offline, for almost a year) if the patches break games or Mods I have... just because I don't want to deal with it. BUT.. with babies coming soon? Ohhh no. I had to update (finally) and patch things up, so that I'm ready!

*Also wanted to add, in retail time, early, typically means 1st quarter, which means Jan-April. I hope its January tho. We have waited SOOo long. I wish we could get some more info tho! It would be really cool, if they "went into labor" early, and we got babies for Xmas!!!

-begins singing- I'm dreaming, of Sim babies for Christmas ... la la la la la la la

COME ON EA !!!!!! --- Drop them babies !!!!!

I almost wish they had said nothing and let them just drop the way they did Toddlers.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @GalacticGal I agree that I would've rather not known and had them suddenly drop as a surprise, I've had to go back to sims 3 because I also can't enjoy sims 4 as much knowing that infants will be here soon!
  • SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    I'm willing to wait to make sure they do it right.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't wait for the infants to come! :smiley:

I'm also worried about the update breaking the game. :/ I just hope everything turns out ok. Hopefully we get more info before the year is over. I'm really looking forward to the infants. :smiley:
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited December 2022
    I also can't wait for infants and I would also like to hear news about upcoming eps I wish they would tell us more about
    the infants so we could get our games ready
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    I'm most exited about infants, but I will wait as patiently as I can.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm excited and nervous about what the update will break.

The last time they messed with lifespans it broke some people's saves, I hope that won't happen again.

True, with the rest already broken, I wonder what's going to be broken in order to get up runny—will the bassinet be broken or deform babies? I'm worried about that.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited December 2022
    its hard to believe its only been about a month since we learned about infants coming to the game it feels like forever ago
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited December 2022
    Same here. I want to know more. At least we're in December now, sadly might have to wait till after the holidays to hear anymore. With the project Rene leak they might have to keep things more quiet now. You know one bad apple ruins the whole tree kind of thing.

I was wondering because I haven't looked deeper into it, but is the infants a new life stage or an update to Toddlers? I ask because they look just like the toddlers but just crawl instead of off the ground walking right away.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    Same here. I want to know more. At least we're in December now, sadly might have to wait till after the holidays to hear anymore. With the project Rene leak they might have to keep things more quiet now. You know one bad apple ruins the whole tree kind of thing.

I was wondering because I haven't looked deeper into it, but is the infants a new life stage or an update to Toddlers? I ask because they look just like the toddlers but just crawl instead of off the ground walking right away.

I believe that somewhere there was an indication that the infants would be a new life stage. So we would still have babies and toddlers but also infants. (Don't know if it's confirmed yet.)

I suspect that there would be game stability risk if they tried to completely change the current babies (or toddlers) because of existing Sims in player games, so they just made a new stage. It's a bit much for me, I don't personally have baby fever, but it's nice to see a lot of players getting a highly requested feature that makes them happy and excited. ☺️

I suppose that if the occult versions did weird things or showed more supernatural potential I'd probably be excited too. But sadly, my Occults are forced to raise disappointingly banal offspring until they reach their teens and blossom into their beautifully monstrous selves.
    #Team Occult
    It was confirmed that infants will be a new lifestage, one of the gurus said so on twitter when the announcement was made :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I'm willing to wait to make sure they do it right.

I, too, am willing to wait. It's just hard, since many of us have wanted untethered babies from the beginning. The Toddlers were something well worth the wait, and since we have no idea of just how long Infants have been in the works, I pray they are done right. I have hope they will be and I'll weep as I play because they're just as they should be. In the meantime, I'm concentrating on Erik's younger brother, who happens to live in the same household. Let's hope it helps to ease the waiting funk. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top