Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite townie to play as?

I just recently starting playing as the townies/pre-made sims. (current save is the Goth family) I've been playing thr sims for 10+ years and I've always made my own characters to play as. But I some of the townies actually have really interesting backstories and are actually fun to play as. So what's your favorite sim/family to play?

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I think the Munch family, because it has so much s scope for the imagination. Wolfgang is such an archetype. And Gunther is harder to figure out but offers weird possibilities. Sometimes I play him as gay, sometimes as aroace, rarely do I have him be a straight guy but when I do, I think of him as this very shy awkward person who has a hopeless, and unrequited, crush. But he'll never be brave enough to admit it, so he just gets sidelined and buries himself in books.

One time I had him falling for Ulrike but the problem was, she and Maaike were a lesbian couple, so he poured his secret pathos out in his writing and hid from the world behind his computer.

Mila Munch is a fun character too: I think of her as warm, convivial, hardworking, doing her best to keep the family afloat as a caterer but hoping that Günther will soon have a paying career to help out the household, especially if he's never planning on moving out on his own. I imagine that Wolfgang gives her gray hairs. I think maybe her husband died years ago.

That family seems so alive to me. And Lucas seems always to age up into a weird teen, wearing weird artsy out there clothes and marching to the beat of his own drum. I also tend to think of his as experimenting with the bubble machine and being a bit of a stoner but the happy hippie kind. He loves the outdoors and gardening so he might move to some localvore commune.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    edited December 2022
    I also usually play my own sims, but for my current save I’ve been playing a world centered around the occult premades with a few original characters. I made a rule for myself to stick as closely to the in game lore as I could, and no drastic makeovers. It’s become one of my favorite saves.
  • chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    @ignominiusrex I've totally overlooked the Munch family, they're usually background characters for me but this makes me want to play a save with them. 🤔
    @ignominiusrex I've totally overlooked the Munch family, they're usually background characters for me but this makes me want to play a save with them. 🤔

Cool! 😀 I hope you and others will share what townies you have taken an interest in, and why, also, because there are so many I have probably overlooked, and a fresh perspective would help.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    I like when characters have some lore but also are free for further interpretation

Such as Vlad or Greg

they are quite easy to insert anywhere

I also like ts 1-2 families or urbz sims and bringing them back to relive their stories in ts4 in name of nostalgia and conspiracy theories

and I like occasional challenge of playing sims that I probably would not create myself for lack of my imagination
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited December 2022
    I tend to play as my own Sims most of the time, but the premades I have used the most are probably the Sulani residents.
    I put all the premade mermaids together in one household and added a few other in-game-spawned townies, who I then converted into mermaids to make a pod of eight. I felt Kalamainu'u would serve well as a queen bee style antagonist to my Mua Pel'am residents and Ukupanipo also strikes me as someone who'd be in a popular beach crowd of some sort.

I have also played Keala and Lia more recently. One of my own Sims is the 'elder', in the title sense (he's a young elder), of Mua Pel'am, so it fits well for him to have the elders of the other two islands to contend with.
    Keala in my game serves as the most experienced elder and also an island shaman with connections to the Spirit Realm, like my sim merman, Ikkanu. He is terrified of her and often feels he'll never live up to her strict expectations.
    I like Keala's character and imagine her to be eccentric and her motives slightly hard to figure out at times but no one ever dares to question her.
    My Keala now has a secret of her own however, which she's not keen on letting her fellow islanders know. She's a werewolf!

I've ended up playing the Kahananuis recently too, after Mele kept constantly phoning my sim to ask whether she and her husband should have a baby. She has now had four. I'm going to keep saying yes every time she phones to see how many she'll actually have. 😆
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    edited December 2022
    I did a whole blog on the Pancakes once. I thought I’d see where their whims took them and if the marriage survived. To my surprise it was rocky for a while a solidified. They had two daughters and one even grew up and married.
    To this day (and naturally we are talking years) Bob is the only Sim to live long enough to die from old age. He came back to visit his family and it was so bittersweet. None of my own characters has kept my attention long enough (so far) to last that distance.

But then maybe I have an issue with my dear Sims dying…
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,654 Member
    Venessa Jeong is my favorite premade and she has been in numerous saves as the wife of my favorite sim Danielle Chabert. Rory Oaklow is a sim I love to play when I'm in an occult save. Summer Holiday and Liberty Lee are favorites in every save, even though outside of my current story save I don't actually play them much. I just love having them around to interact with my sims.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited December 2022
    Depending on the game it's either Tara and Armond DeBateau (TS2) Elvira Slayer (TS3) or Nanami Ito and Megumi Ito for TS4. Seems common that if I like one Sim in the family I like the rest.

I do love the General from Bustin Out, it's my excuse to go back there in the story just to play as him.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    @WhatCobblers Ikkanu, no!! Did he die? He looks mighty ghostly in your signature...
    gen3-banner.png
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    @mightysprite no worries, Ikkanu is alive and well. He has the ability to temporarily turn himself into a ghost with his Medium skill.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    That's a relief @WhatCobblers :)
    gen3-banner.png
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I typically start with the Bff household or the Caliente's. But honestly, I can't remember the last time I played with the townies.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
    I love how easy it is to just jump right into the game and start experiencing different lifestyles, with the ability to start playing any pre-existing household in Sims3, instead of having to go through character creation first each time, like in sims4.

But there are so many lots, both empty and full, in each world, that I have more dabbled, than done deep dives, so far, with townies.

However, one that I love diving deeper with, both in Sims2 and in Sims3, is Olive Specter and her son (by the Grim Reaper according to sims3) Nervous Subject.

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg