Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you know active players in your family and friends ?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Yes
    I play S4MP with my twin all the time.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 2023
    Other
    I know a few people who will play once in a while, but none of them are really as obsessed as I am. :p
  • Options
    mrsr99tsomrsr99tso Posts: 219 Member
    Yes
    I have 3 nieces and my hubby plays.
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    No
    I do know some college acquaintance who plays it. But my family and friends, as far as I know, do not play video games. My nephews do play games but they play like those fighting games on mobile or something lol
  • Options
    jadetchijadetchi Posts: 60 Member
    Yes
    I have some friends IRL who play Sims. One of my friends used to be obsessed but not sure she plays as much anymore!
    b8xtb7d56xd3.png
  • Options
    pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 79 Member
    Yes
    my 2 grandchildren play it sometimes but not as much as me though
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    No
    I used to have a couple of coworkers who played, but they've moved away. My nephew used to play on his console, but he prefers shoot `em ups.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Yes
    My son plays my copy occasionally, but not with enough interest to buy him his own copy. When I started playing Sims 4, I gave my Sims 3 discs to a friend and got her hooked. She eventually started playing Sims 4 too. Other than that, most people I know personally thinks Sims is lame or a "girl's game."
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yes
    Three of my four granddaughters still play Sims3 and Sims4. I introduced several friends to the Sims way back when The Sims was still young. Many of them have continued to play and we talk about our games quite often. They say playing has helped them adjust to this different world we live in these days. And over the years my friends have introduced their family members and friends to the game as well. I found The Sims after a near fatal car wreck and was in therapy struggling to adjust to my new life and the fact my career in Law Enforcement had been taken from me. One evening during a group session I mentioned The Sims and how much it helped me get out of my head and take an interest in having fun again. And it wasn't long before a few others bought The Sims for themselves. After group we would go for coffee and trade stories about how our Sims were doing. Those little outings helped all of us to bond not only because of our traumas but also because we were able to leave all of those traumas behind and just have some much-needed fun for a little while. To this day, twenty odd years later, I still remain in contact with a few of them. Most of them are still Simming, too.
  • Options
    popcorn52popcorn52 Posts: 15 Member
    My son would like to play xbox but he wants to acces my sims on my account. He's not sure how to do that
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    No
    I haven't personally been around Simmers since high school. My brother used to play and we used to have so much fun! We came up with crazy things, made our family and friends in the game, and we laughed all the time! My brother came up with unconventional hacks such as placing bathroom stalls in his house and playing music 24/7 to improve their mood.
    I met a couple of friends in high school who played too. We spoke about our sims each day and had great conversations. I have since then moved away and I wasn't friends to the point where I spoke with them out of school. I wonder what they are up to these days.
  • Options
    Branwen84Branwen84 Posts: 40 Member
    No
    My brother played ts1 when we were teens, i have an acquaintance who used to play "some kind of sims game", and the brother of a (former) friend played ts2, but that's it. I don't know anyone irl who *currently* plays any sims games.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    No
    origin app always used to tell me: none of your friends plays this game πŸ˜…
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Other
    Mom and I played S1 for years together and separately. She didn't get into S2 or any of the others. She played Sims 4 for a while, but when her laptop died she stopped. She's just never started back up. Yet. I'll get her there one of these days. :) She loves glancing over when I'm making a new sim and commenting and likes having me tell her what they are up to.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No
    Nope. I have no family and few of my friends are gamers. Those that are prefer games appealing to nerds and geeks as they are IT types.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Nobody, just me and my sims.
  • Options
    Paurod2789Paurod2789 Posts: 15 Member
    No and I feel so misunderstood by my family when I want to talk about it lol
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    My niece once played The Sims 4…

Me [ her absolute favorite uncle, obviously πŸ™„] used to gift her bundles…BUNDLES full of Sims 4 joy. It made her so happy, it brought tears to our eyes, mostly mine, until recently-ish, when I bought her Island Living.
    I was SURE she’d be delighted with having mermaids in her game, however, I will never forget the disappointed look on her dear little face:

β€œLike, Dude, The Sims? REALLY?! Don’t you know that I’ve just discovered beer, bars β€˜n boyfriends - not necessarily in that order, but like, DUUUH?!!!”

That’s right, I could read all that from one sweet little facial expression.
    She accepted it nevertheless, albeit reluctantly. Unfortunately I was unable to exchange Island Living for something more suitable - such as a crate of vegan home brew or whatever Gen Z is into these days - I had already put the EP in her library like a stupid old goat. I was sad. So very sad. Anyway, I unfriended her on Origin instead. 😝

Now I’m trying to find my next victim- possibly my own mother. It won’t be easy to persuade her but I always welcome a good challenge. 😈

My sister and her daughter.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Not your poor mother πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    That reminds me of my niece.
    Except my niece is 12 so my sister brought her every single sims 4 pack (almost emptied her bank account πŸ˜‚) because my niece said that's what she wanted. I was like yay a sims partner now!
    A few days later she said sims was too boring and started playing shooting games. My sister was heartbroken πŸ’” πŸ˜†
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    No
    your sister's bank account was also probably heartbroken
  • Options
    FreedomWantFreedomWant Posts: 49 Member
    Other
    My best friend and I started playing the Sims when it first came out. I stayed with it, but she only got as far as the Sims 2.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2023
    Yes
    My daughter used to play, she is at Uni now and lost interest in sims, but my friend also plays, we never knew until I made my sims book case and displayed all my games, now we chat about sims for hours. Also my daughter had her birthday party two weeks ago and we hosted it here at our house, my husband and myself kept to our room so that all the young adults could freely move about inside our house when I heard a squeal, walked to investigate and it was two of her friends standing in front of my sims collection. I asked them if they play and both said yes been playing since sims 3. I said aww yeah I have been playing since orginal sims so they asked who I was on the forums and I said mcrudd and they completely freaked said Ooooo we know you, I have your baby clothes . Hahahaha that was a mind blown moment for me, now everytime they come over we talk sims LOL. Oh yeah just to add, they pronounced it Mc rudd (mac rudd) :D:D it is actually M C Rudd (em cee rudd) It is my initials and surname, not very original I know LOL... Melanie Christel Rudd