Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sending 2 sims to University

I'm about to for the first time send 2 sims to Uni at the same time, my 3rd gen oldest daughter and her HS boyfriend. Are there any tips and tricks needed to manage 2 sims? I don't have any problem at all having one graduate with honors, but I'm just not sure about 2.
HcmCUds.jpg
Life needs an undo button.

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Don't worry, a couple is actually easier to manage than a single sim or two unrelated sims, because they can fill each other's social and fun need by woohooing.

Other tips that come to mind:
    - Live in a residential in the middle neighborhood of Britechester (or a different world). The "Go to class early" that gets forced on sims in the campus neighborhood only steals an hour that could be used more productively.
    - Fill your sims' inventories with snacks from the cheapest seed packets. Three to five of those take care of hunger quicker than a meal and make them happy. (Even better if you have better quality produce.)
    - Wellness 2 unlocks "Suggest cognitive focussing methods" (or similar, my game is not in english). It's a very quick social interaction that grants a Focused buff, use it directly before class. Citrus baths provide a long lasting buff, but depending on what your workload is and if you are also doing the Uni aspiration, you may not have the time for this.
    - Ideally the sims already train Research & Debate as teens already (for the aspiration and for faster uni homework), but it may be too late for yours by now.
    - Depending on your other packs, the shower in a can (Jungle Adventures) and the energy restoring Batuu brew (Journey to Batuu) are great time savers that only cost money, not satisfaction points.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited December 2022
    I have had two sims go through university together without problems. They each had 3 classes per semester because I prefer not to have a full work load. Keeping track of both their schedules was a bit micromanaging for me but I enjoyed it anyway.

You can even have them both live in a dorm if you want. Just enroll sim 1 and move him/her to the dorm. Then immediately go back to the second sim and repeat the process. I find commuting to the University a bit more relaxed because sims just disappeared into a rabbit hole, no need to figure out the right building for a class. Because we can turn any lot into a dorm, you can combine commuting and living in a dorm if you want. My sims commuted to uni while living in a San mychuno dorm (I edited one of the penthouse lots and turned it into a dorm)

One issue I had was two sims graduate on the same day at different universities. You can only accompany one of them to get the portrait. Two sims graduating at the same moment in the same university went fine.

Edit : I forgot to mention in order to live in a dorm, both sims need to attend the same university. If you want one to study at britechester uni and one at foxbury they need to live on a residential lot.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    I always give them a full load, despite some hiccups if you get overwhelmed they will take themselves to class if you forget, I don't care about them getting honors but so far I have had sims get it so long as I don't rotate before finishing their homework. Not too much to be scared about there. The only thing I do obsess over is when they have presentations I make sure they finish them quickly as the rest of the schooling doesn't really take much focusing. I will cheat them sleep potions if they reach the end of their work and can't do it. So long as you keep to their schedule it becomes easy to manage them to good grades and graduation. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is when they are in different schools.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    One of the things I like to do when sending a group of students to uni, is have them live in the same dorm together. This way I can watch over their study habits, so to speak. I get them there on the weekend or close to it to give them a head start on the homework and then on the Presentation Boards, if they have any, and that Term Paper(s). If they start the Term with the homework done in all classes, it's far easier for them to keep up on a daily basis. Find your rhythm. Use your PAUSE button to check on who needs to do what, queue them up. My students used to sit at the table in Wyvern Hall and do their homework together or on a bed. I could see in their queue what they had left to do, so if they got called away for some reason, (I had my Rock Star in uni, so sometimes he'd have to do an 'away' concert or a photoshoot), they can pick up where they left off upon their return. Oh, and I artificially keep up their needs. Giving them both Saturday and Sunday to finish the pre-class homework, helps.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    They will do just fine :) I normally play 5-8 students at the same time. Pause is your friend. There's less time to do anything but studying, but in my case I mainly prefer to rush through it all. If your 2 students reside different lots, make sure to have only one of them in university at the time, complete one term, and do not re-enroll. Then switch and apply for grants and enroll. It could work having them enrolled at the same time, too, but you will have way less control.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,075 Member
    edited December 2022
    One of the things I like to do when sending a group of students to uni, is have them live in the same dorm together. This way I can watch over their study habits, so to speak. I get them there on the weekend or close to it to give them a head start on the homework and then on the Presentation Boards, if they have any, and that Term Paper(s). If they start the Term with the homework done in all classes, it's far easier for them to keep up on a daily basis. Find your rhythm. Use your PAUSE button to check on who needs to do what, queue them up. My students used to sit at the table in Wyvern Hall and do their homework together or on a bed. I could see in their queue what they had left to do, so if they got called away for some reason, (I had my Rock Star in uni, so sometimes he'd have to do an 'away' concert or a photoshoot), they can pick up where they left off upon their return. Oh, and I artificially keep up their needs. Giving them both Saturday and Sunday to finish the pre-class homework, helps.

I do the same thing. However, i follow the British tradition of having them stay in the dorm in the first term and move them out into their own premises for the final two. One time i didn't have any houses prepared or built for them and i ended up using the original Bheeda house that I built that was in my library and updated the colours and furniture to match those students.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    edited December 2022
    Thanks everybody for the tips. I'm definitely going to have them go to the same school and live in the same dorm. I have no desire to make things harder on myself haha. I'd move them into a residence, but it's been a while since I've played the dorm experience and would kind of like to give it another go. I did download a remake of the dorm I'm planning to put them in from the gallery though.
    Don't worry, a couple is actually easier to manage than a single sim or two unrelated sims, because they can fill each other's social and fun need by woohooing.
    Looks like I'll have to replace that single dorm bed with a double! Thanks for your other tips, having them snack on produce is brilliant. My girl has a ton of perfect fruit and veg grown by her gramma that will come in very handy.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    You can even have them both live in a dorm if you want. Just enroll sim 1 and move him/her to the dorm. Then immediately go back to the second sim and repeat the process.
    Thanks for this, I was actually wondering how best to do it. I think you probably saved me some trial-and-error experimentation.

Thanks again everyone for the pointers. :smiley:
    Post edited by FatTribble23 on
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • GilshandrosGilshandros Posts: 19 Member
    One thing I would really recommend is checking out the different university housing builds in the gallery. There are some great ones there both for the apartment dorms and stand-alone building that can make it easier to keep your sims happy and thus more productive in their studies.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    @Gilshandros Welcome to the forums, I gave you an awesome to help you on to full member status.

Thanks for your comment. I already have a "base save" with all the lots made over with lots from the gallery, including the residence dorms. But that's a really good idea. I might need to go looking for a newer one with at least one double bed. :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg