Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In Game Advertisement Exchange Service!

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
edited December 2022 in Build/Buy Custom Content
1st version can be downloaded now.
Next release: December 15th 2022
Deadline for contributions: December 8th 2022

Sorry guys. This service has been canceled as a result of the announcement being moved fom the general forum to this limited CC modding forum. There's little point reaching out to others who can create their own CC, my intention was to offer this service to simmers who don't know how to create their own stuff for the game. Here on the CC board most simmers won't see it at all. So I decided not to get committed to a 6 months service hidden away...
The original file is still available, but there won't be more versions.

Are you tired of the good but old advertisements in San Myshuno? How cool would it be to see ads promoting your own celebrities, or celebrities from other simmers' games? I'm starting a service providing just this, so if you have the City Living pack, and perhaps some of the many other packs providing careers etc that are worth advertising, read on!

I just call the service Wazzup. The idea is to provide monthly versions of advertisements for the object What's Happening Sign that came with the City Living pack. I don't know if the sign was also released with other packs later. On this board ads are displayed on random rotation. This is how it looks like:

20221202.jpg

Every mid month until May 15th 2023 I will put together a new CC file with a set of 9 advertisement posters. This set can include poster(s) from your game, too, but you must create the graphics according to rules below. How about marketing a new movie that your Actress features in? Or a Singer, Musician, Author, TV-show...? A holiday destination, or a rentable home that you built? Many community lots offer a business that might deserve some advertising - retail stores, restaurants, cafés, Spas or Shopping malls, just to mention a few.

Send me your image, and I'll do the rest! You will need to replace the versions in your game manually, and you should never ever have more than one version in your mods folder. Whenever you remove it all, your board will keep showing its original content.

On top of this post I will publish the expected date for the next release. Contributions must be sent to my address *** wazzup@hinsides.no *** minimum 1 week before release date, or it will just hang on until next month.

Rules:
1. Vertical: Width = 340 pixels, height = 512 pixels (if minor gap, I might add black fields to fill in).
2. PNG format is perfect, but I can convert your image as long as I manage to open it.
3. No illegal content (when in doubt, I have the right to say no even if you disagree)
4. No RL photo - only Sims 4 graphics or matching.
5. No plain in game screenshot. It must be a poster with minimum some text and a certain selling point. Visually it can be as simple or artistic as you like. Plain text ads will be accepted, too (but a bit boring if they are many).
6. Your poster doesn't need to make sense, as long as it looks like an advertisement. Get creative! :)
7. Avoid seasonal stuff like Winterfest etc, because many games don't follow the RL calendar.
8. Text must be in Simlish (free fonts are easy to find online, I got mine at modthesims). I can help adding the text whenever my schedule allows it.
9. Depending on response, each simmer might be limited to 1 advertisement running at the time, but you can send me several ads if you like, and I'll queue them for future updates. When available slots you might be allowed 2 ads in the same update. If you don't send a second poster later, your first contribution might re-appear in future versions.

So - what are you waiting for? Let your creativity flow - allow your superstar to finally get some inter-SimNational fame!

PS: You can read more about this service on my blog.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by Simmerville on