Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fier Legacy (Updated: Feb. 13, 2024)

haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
Hello! I've decided to create a thread for my legacy with links to related posts on my blog.

Fier Legacy
M0dMDDO.jpgAsher Fier in his office.
la8tGsc.jpg

Introduction. This is a slow-paced gameplay-based legacy. The Fiers are an unconventional sun-loving vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had between 16 and 20. Most of them have grown up and moved out.

opVkHJI.jpg
Learn more about the Fiers?

Chapter Index (This is also available here on my blog)
This legacy begins with the family's fourth generation (Chapter 4.1), but feel free to start with any chapter.

The Beginning
A New Generation
Post edited by haneul on

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,868 Member
    Awsome! <3

Big fan of your main couple <3
    Deli also my favourite , You posted about her in Sulani when I started to follow what happened thread :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Awsome! <3
    Big fan of your main couple <3
    Deli also my favourite , You posted about her in Sulani when I started to follow what happened thread :)
    Thanks so much for the nice comment! <3 I'm also always curious about which characters people (dis)like so that's great to hear too.
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Oooh, you made a forum thread! Neat! I'm already caught up with your latest chapter (I think 🤔), so I have nothing big to add, only that I'm excited to see you back and active again 😁
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Oooh, you made a forum thread! Neat! I'm already caught up with your latest chapter (I think 🤔), so I have nothing big to add, only that I'm excited to see you back and active again 😁
    @_sims_Yimi Thank you! You're definitely all caught up. <3 I'm working on a new post. Hopefully it'll finally be ready soon.

edited November 2022
    Great episode <3

Poor Elmire , all those temptations. Plasma fruit looked like candy covered apple, could a tiny bite be okay? just a tiny...

Haha to all fallings , glad they took it so well :)

I have to admit I confused Calanthe as Adelise for a sec there *ashamed*

@Ellupelluellu Thanks so much for all of your feedback!
    Calanthe looks a lot like Adelise. I actually deleted a sentence that noted how much of a copy Calanthe is of her mother. Honestly, I think it's normal to be momentarily confused by them. I would also say that it's common to mix up Asher and Aster's names. :D

A candy covered apple is much more appetizing than what Elmire imagined. Maybe if she'd thought of that, she would have taken a bite.

• SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    Glad you're back! < 3 I missed all your lovely screenshots < 3
    I love the shot of Asher screwing up the landing and the shock on his face XD I always love the interactions between Asher and Elmire. I wonder if underneath all this, Elmire's feeling a little...not sure how to describe it. Like she wants to do grown-up stuff and is feeling kinda 'held back' by being a kid if that makes sense? She seems quite old personality wise for her age so ...I hope that makes sense I can't describe it any better XC
    they/them or she/her
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,803 Member
    I'm having fun getting acquainted with the Fier's. I remember Elmire from a few of your posts in the general discussion section a while back. I've meaning to get caught up and with the time I have this week I can.
    Deli has already become a favorite. It's easy to connect with her and she is a sympathetic character. Being a middle child and different from the rest of her siblings is a rough spot to be in. Asher's worship of Aster is...weird. I understand your first born has a special place in your heart, but that giddy look on his face at the end of 'Night On The Town' is kind of psychotic. In the scene with Dysis in 'Living Her Best Life', I look at Adelise and I think of a metaphorical onion. It's like there is layer after layer to the thoughts behind that stare.
    @snowbnuuy
    Thanks! I agree with you about Elmire. For a long time, there wasn't anyone close to her in age in her family. I imagine that her parents never used baby talk with her and Asher was reading her non-fiction and other books geared towards adults from the beginning. I think she's mature for her age and smart (in the sense that she learns extremely quickly, has a lot of school/booksmart knowledge, and tries to reason things out), but she's still a child so she gets frustrated at things she can't yet do and still has childish/silly thoughts. In game, Elmire autonomously ordered that coffee. Overall, though, she is her father's daughter so she has a fairly strong sense of self and bounces back from being upset quickly.

@DaniRose2143
    Thank you. <3 I think the parts that come later are a little better than the beginning. I'm glad to hear you like Deli. A lot of the early chapters tend to be influenced by or show things through her POV, which may not be 100% accurate. Her father is off and he favors Aster at moments, but it may not be what Deli thinks.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,803 Member
    edited November 2022
    @haneul I was able to read through a few more.
    It would be nice if Deli could see more of Aster. They feel like kindred spirits and Deli really needs the support and advice Aster seems to possess. Darius, the selfie king.😁 Dawn proving that if a job needs to be done right and done fast, send a woman to do it. I feel bad for Dawn, having a crummy birthday like that. Star's joke was corny, but it wasn't horrible.
    @DaniRose2143 Thanks for reading and for the comments! These early chapters are semi-introductions to each family member randomly and in short snippets.
    I feel bad for Dawn with how poorly her birthday went, but I also feel for Deli given that as a teenager, she considers herself a bit of an outsider in her own family. None of her siblings in the house have the issues that she has and her eldest sister Aster, who is kind and would try to help, intimidates her.
    edited December 2022
    I'm struggling with the next update :/ , so I thought I would share something random (a group of screenshots that take place outside of the main legacy story - the screenshots have an explanation but there's no real story). If you're a purist, this is a little bit spoilery, but not really.

These past few months, I haven't been playing much. The HSY patch messed me up a bit (I hate wants & fears) and am still making sure the mods I have to combat them work. I'm also trying to decide if I want to build a fancy high school, but maybe not because it will take me forever. But maybe yes because I haven't built anything in a while.

WvOPMJn.jpg
    Who could this be?
    It's Aster (Asher, the founder's firstborn). She's stopped by one of her father's homes before the Starlight Accolades. She's an actress.
    gZT59zn.jpg
    As you may be able to tell, I occasionally get tired of decorating. Large parts of the Fiers' homes are not completely decorated (like this room). The CC I use is often thousands of simoleons per item (and Asher literally burns money) so the family must be careful with their spending. They've already spent millions and money doesn't grow on trees in my game.

Anyway, Aster is showing her siblings some things at piano. She's also running through her award acceptance speech just in case she wins
    JvZgBC5.jpg
    FOoxVJk.jpg

and giving some performance tips.
    Tip 1 - Be conscious of the cameras. Make sure you know which one to look at. Be conscious of your expression as well. Sometimes, it's good to be a little dramatic,
    J4A86eT.jpg

especially when you're performing.
    iDw2frA.jpg

Tip 2 - Have poses prepared for the red carpet or photo zone.
    I5DOaHW.jpg
    3hNxQ1h.jpg
    rSbhX32.jpg
    Post edited by haneul on
    Great pictures <3

I have to say from few of these pictures I noticed how much she remins of her father :)

I would totally want to see your fancy highschool build :) In case you have energy to build one , in your own pace. Same with updates, you do when you are ready <3

ps. do you have pics of Ashers and Adelises marriages early days?

• SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 176 Member
    Gorgeous! I can see why she's her father's favourite. And I really love the overall aesthetic of your photos ❤️
    generation5julia.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,843 Member
    I'm very happy I found this thread! As you already know I'm a member of the Elmire fan club <3:)
    Thank you! @Ellupelluellu @SirianaSims @mightysprite

Because of Aster's blue eyes, I always thought of her as looking like her mother, but after Ellupelluellu pointed it out, her resemblance to her father stood out to me more. I don't have many photos of the early days, unfortunately but I'm trying to find some. They weren't really friends in the early days. :#

@mightsprite Glad to hear that you still like Elmire! <3

haneul wrote: »
    but I'm trying to find some.
    They weren't really friends in the early days. :#

Thank you :)

re bolded: aww, I adore lovestories like that <3 Not being even friends and end up together <3

An update. <3 I used more screenshots than I normally do.

5.31 Seeking Warmth on Mt. Komorebi
    rBILN61.png
    Great great update!!!! <3
    I love your main couple <3

first, loved the fact you used more pictures. I know its matter of taste, but Im one of those "picture tells thousand words"-persons. It may be as im not native English speaker (naturally, hehe) , and sometimes language barrier is present.
    Also that happes in commenting, unfortinately.

Like now, things Id like to say about the part in past, I just dont find the right English words to do it . But it did explain more about certain behaviour of Asher before, maybe some of Adelise's too.

Im glad he took his daughters advise <3 That movie selection, hahaha.. so awkward it was funny :p And the before happenings, they looked like they saw eachothers for first time for a long time :)

Oh yes, has to admire Elmire's energy, she could really try to sing non stop :D indeed, try :p

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,843 Member
    I enjoyed it all, especially the bit about Adelise and Asher's different views on what little Aster needed
    Both worried about different kinds of poison, in their way.
    I have a feeling it's hard for anyone else to understand the world inside Asher's mind.

@Ellupelluellu Thank you!
    I agree that pictures can tell a thousand words. I will keep that in mind in the future, but I don't know if I will always have a lot of pictures. Thanks for all your comments! I really appreciate them, especially since you're not using your native language.

When Asher picked the movie he did, even I was a little surprised. But if he wanted to watch it, I thought I should let them watch it. I love the expressions that Sims make when they're talking. It's often pretty funny.

@mightysprite Thanks!
    Saying that both Asher and Adelise were worried about poison is a great way to put it. Asher's way of thinking (and of behaving in the game) is unique, but his family likes him (even if they don't always understand him) and that's probably the most important thing for him.

• SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    By some miracle, I have time to catch up on SimLit...
    It's always good to see how much Asher has changed since the earliest days, and that he's always been unlearning the behaviours the rest of his family showed (if I remember that correctly). Haha, I now have funny images in my head of Elmire loudly singing annoying pop songs all day long instead of playing the piano XD Well well Asher, if she wasn't warm enough after the hug, well she's definitely warm enough after... ;D
    they/them or she/her
    @SnowBnuuy - Thanks! :)
    You remember correctly. Asher's definitely calmed from the early days, but he's still... As for Elmire, I think your image is 100% correct. She saw the karaoke machine and wanted to sing and sing and sing again non-stop. Every snow-related whim/want disappeared for her, never to be seen again while they were there. She can't get enough music. I wonder what people would think if she decided to become a doctor or something scientific when she grew up.
    Another update! <3o:) It's another longer one with lots of pictures and a video... I have been sitting on this for months.

5.32 So Much Light! (and hopefully some sweetness)
    nk9X8WL.jpg