Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: New Sims Sessions Campaign

SPARK SOMETHING
A Love Note To Creative Potential and Our Ongoing Commitment to Creators

At The Sims™, we believe in the power of creativity. To celebrate the role our games and brand have played in sparking the creative journey of rule breakers everywhere for over 22 years, we are kicking off Spark Something. It is our commitment to ignite imaginations and creativity both within our community and beyond.

We’ll be identifying creator stories that showcase the contagious power of inspiration through change-makers who spark something in each other, and seek out that creative spark everywhere they go.

Spark Something will come to life with Pass the Spark that features an incredible cast of creators who use The Sims to ignite their creativity, including

Anitta, global pop star and the first Brazilian artist to win an MTV Video Music Award.

Alok, writer and performer who challenges the gender binary.

Magnet, queer creative who makes vibrant cakes with playful floral elements.

Bob’s Dance Shop, an entertainment group combining dance, music and fashion to spread joy and encourage self-expression.

We know inspiration is a domino effect and we believe that discovery and creativity can build a better world. In the short film, you can follow The Sims’s iconic green Plumbob as it gets re-imagined and travels from creator to creator, igniting a spark of inspiration that transforms and inspires art, authentic personal expression and the world around us. The Pass the Spark film is a love note to every Simmer’s potential to inspire change in each other, and those who dare to make an impact.
ebCzuAt.png

“We recognize that the creativity of The Sims community is so much bigger than what they make in The Sims—it's who they become and who they are inspired by outside of our game as well,” said Julia Victor, Head of Brand for The Sims. “Spark Something is our commitment to unlocking the creative potential we all have, and this film is our first love letter to the community we strive to serve. It is the first time we are introducing our plumbob as the new lightbulb - a symbol for the moment a new idea sparks.”
pRlV89x.png

The Sims’s iconic green Plumbob began as a simple UI tool 22 years ago, but now, through the power of Simmers sharing their creations with one another, the Plumbob has transformed into a symbol of creative inspiration that can expand the horizons and open new possibilities in anyone.

On November 15, show us who inspires you by checking out The Sims Instagram Story, where we’ll be using the “Add Yours” feature for creatives to continue passing the spark.

The Sims wants to spark a whole new generation of artists to create, express and inspire. We will be kicking off Sims Sessions, a new series that gives music fans a backstage pass to watch the process of musical artists who challenge the status quo, as they record their songs in the Sims’ signature language, Simlish.

We can’t wait to share more stories and the new ways we are working with creators to ignite that creative spark in the near future, sign up on TheSims.com and follow us on social media for more updates!

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/news/spark-something

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    Sounds interesting.🙂 This specifically mentioning musical artists really has me excited. I hope it means that one of the EPs next year will be a mega sized music pack! Bands, active singers, multiple genres of music. I’m ready for dat!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I saw the word "Spark" and immediately got war flashbacks to Spark'd.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

this :sweat_smile:
    also now if anytime its time for that heart bed sims 4 :joy: you can't just show it in ad and not have it dang it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Finally! They should bring back R&B station to The Sims 4, so they can find any real life R&B singers
  • Options

Every site has character limits so it’s impossible to list all the artists and genres I want to see. The Sims 3 did not have brass or wind instruments. To this point neither has TS4. I don’t know about 1 or 2, but I would love to see instruments expanded beyond just guitar, violin, and piano. I want the Sims to embrace the rainbow of musical expression.

#SetMusicFree

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Well, I do want to hope that this time attending the event in-game won't replace other sims' everyday clothing. As last time I did attend, I had to remember what my other household used to wear before they were also there in Sims Sessions, now wearing the new special outfit...
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2022
    Omg yessssss I loved the sims sessions I want more!!! They always seem to pick artists I never heard of but it's still really enjoyable 😄
    I didn't have time to read the details but I'm assuming this will be like the last in-game concert....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I don't believe this is the same as the previous Sims Sessions in game concerts.

The Sims wants to spark a whole new generation of artists to create, express and inspire. We will be kicking off Sims Sessions, a new series that gives music fans a backstage pass to watch the process of musical artists who challenge the status quo, as they record their songs in the Sims’ signature language, Simlish.
  • Options
    Y'all! I am sorry for all this rude comment for not wanting my R&B station back to The Sims 4! I am sorry that I go off, and I am very very sorry for everything that I have done since I always been begging for The Sims team for last two radio station that are not crossed off except NuDisco, Latin, and Hip Hop being crossed off on my wishlist. I'm sorry sorry sorry, besties! Ohhhhhhhh my goooooddddd!!! *crying* I am so sorryyyyyyyy!! *sniffs* *crying like a peppy girl*
    sad-crying.gif
  • Options
    I don't believe this is the same as the previous Sims Sessions in game concerts.

This is a red lights flashing, shout it from the rooftops, not so subtle hint that we are getting a full on music pack in 2023!

• Options
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Y'all! I am sorry for all this rude comment for not wanting my R&B station back to The Sims 4! I am sorry that I go off, and I am very very sorry for everything that I have done since I always been begging for The Sims team for last two radio station that are not crossed off except NuDisco, Latin, and Hip Hop being crossed off on my wishlist. I'm sorry sorry sorry, besties! Ohhhhhhhh my goooooddddd!!! *crying* I am so sorryyyyyyyy!! *sniffs* *crying like a peppy girl*
    sad-crying.gif

Come on @12JEREMIA, believe in it with me! We're all going to get the music pack we've wanted since 2014!
  • Options
    sad-crying.gif

Come on @12JEREMIA, believe in it with me! We're all going to get the music pack we've wanted since 2014!
    Well what if real life African American hip hop and R&B musicians will appear in the Sims Sessions? Cause my simself and all of the other created sims who are African Americans, Black Canadians, and Black Britons all been waiting for R&B music for way too long
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

those days... was certainly a time to be alive :lol:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    sad-crying.gif

Well what if real life African American hip hop and R&B musicians will appear in the Sims Sessions? Cause my simself and all of the other created sims who are African Americans, Black Canadians, and Black Britons all been waiting for R&B music for way too long

You're right, it's been too long a wait for things that should have been in the game from Day One. Hip Hop and R&B are mainstream music and should have been in the game long ago. I hope if we are getting a music pack we can create bands that play every genre of music that exists on the radio in game.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Sounds interesting.🙂 This specifically mentioning musical artists really has me excited. I hope it means that one of the EPs next year will be a mega sized music pack! Bands, active singers, multiple genres of music. I’m ready for dat!

This is what I am hoping for. o:)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
  • Options
    What you mean?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    @12JEREMIA I mean I hope for some RL Black hip-hop and R&B musicians to appear in Sims Sessions.
    I was delighted to discover Joy Olakodun at the last one, but she is a singer-songwriter, not R&B or hip hop.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I'd like to see Tracy Chapman do "Fast Car" in Simlish. That would be my dream come true.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2022
    tbh I don't see any artist I like really working with this sessions thing like either its old music or not "trendy" enough for the kids

how bout we bring in some more ts1-3 tracks?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    @12JEREMIA I mean I hope for some RL Black hip-hop and R&B musicians to appear in Sims Sessions.
    I was delighted to discover Joy Olakodun at the last one, but she is a singer-songwriter, not R&B or hip hop.
    I know who Joy Olakodun is, but... as a musician, I'm not in the mood for singer-songwriter/folk, pop, dance, and rock music to focus on, OK? I got hip hop/R&B/urban music to focus first (I grew up listening to some hip hop and R&B music during the decades between the late 90s and early 2000s). *sniff* Uhh... *sniff* I-I-I nee-heed! *sniff* Oh ho ho I need my music back!! *cries quietly* 😭
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

She was added to maxis gallery and we can download her.