March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Apartments Frustration

Does it bother anyone else that Eco Lifestyle apartments with the unusable balcony cannot be turned into a "room" and uploaded to the gallery like the city living apartments? I found out the hard way by spending hours decorating it first. I really wish that there was a way for this to be fixed so that these apartments are uploadable. I can't even reuse the apartment I made for myself and my own gameplay :( Is quite frustrating as I'll have to play in the same save and evict a household in the same game save if I wish to use it for a new household.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Same here, when I first discovered this for myself, I had assumed they were like the apartments that were in City Living. I was hoping to add a small garden to the balcony, but couldn't even do that. After that, I just stopped even bothering with the ECO apartments.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    Yeah, it really does disappoint me because the balcony space could be utilized so nicely for a nice patio/hobby activities. The apartments themselves are really nice too, IMO. Really is a shame.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Yes... One fact is that before the expansion pack was released, you were able to edit the balcony in build mode. I guess the change was made because with N.A.P.s, you can change the look of the neighborhood, which also changes the look of the apartments.

So yeah, I had to use place into world interaction, which can be frustrating at times...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Yes... One fact is that before the expansion pack was released, you were able to edit the balcony in build mode. I guess the change was made because with N.A.P.s, you can change the look of the neighborhood, which also changes the look of the apartments.

So yeah, I had to use place into world interaction, which can be frustrating at times...

It doesn't work with place into world interaction, at least in my game it didn't, but I've seen people furnish the balcony using the TOOL mod.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »

It doesn't work with place into world interaction, at least in my game it didn't, but I've seen people furnish the balcony using the TOOL mod.

It worked for me.
    Well, it was versions ago, so maybe they changed it with a patch. I'll have to check it out.