Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolf guide

Does anyone know of one that's available?

In case you do not; a question or 4:

1: Sims that pass out in panic... is there any way to rouse them or prevent them? I thought about the 'brave' trait, but I don't want to go that far.
2: What are the things a werewolf has to do? I assume that a loner wolf doesn't have to do much, but what kind of wants do they get?
3: Does a werewolf have to go on a rampage? Is it possible for them to live a life without going on a rampage?
4: Does the way a Sim becomes a wolf affect its behavior?
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• Options
    CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    edited November 2022
    1- I have not tested brave trait against werewolves, as I do only play with occults and they are not affected by werewolf rampage.
    2 - Depends on which kind of werewolf you want to play. There are two packs you can participate. One is Wildfangs, who like to embrace werewolf being. If you are an agressive type of werewolf, you can join them and mark territory everywhere around world. Other is Moonwood Collective, which are more diplomatic. You should be able to learn to control yourself if you want to be a part of this pack with various of perks. The Will to Resist perk is very handy, along with Somber Howl to control your rampage. There is third aspiration where you can be lone wolf, improve your skills without joining a pack and fight Greg. I have personally played scholar lone wolf type werewolf and only aimed finding werewolf relics. Too bad there is not such an aspiration that focuses on werewolf lore and relics, but I may make custom one maybe.
    3 - My mentioned perks would prevent them by big margin, but its their nature and you will eventually rampage.
    4 - They get angry buffs occasionally according to my experience.
    Post edited by CordeliaBeaufort on
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    1: Oh, good to know.
    2: Thank you for this. I think I want to try a lone wolf.

Thank you for the info!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Does anyone know of one that's available?

In case you do not; a question or 4:

1: Sims that pass out in panic... is there any way to rouse them or prevent them? I thought about the 'brave' trait, but I don't want to go that far.
    You could try the werewolf diplomacy. Have your werewolf sim unlock this ability through gameplay by asking werewolf sympathy. Your sim can give other sims a trait to prevent negative reactions to werewolf behaviour. I don't know if it helps if sims pass out but it is worth a try
    2: What are the things a werewolf has to do? I assume that a loner wolf doesn't have to do much, but what kind of wants do they get?
    You can choose to join a pack but you don't have to. My werewolf just finished university and is now getting ready to climb Mount Komorebi. They can basically do whatever you like. If you want werewolf specific gameplay than the aspirations can give you some direction
    3: Does a werewolf have to go on a rampage? Is it possible for them to live a life without going on a rampage?
    Rampages are caused by the full moon or by temperaments.
    - There is a perk lunar resistance to protect werewolves against the full moon. It is a rank 4 perk and eliminates rage caused by the full moon completely.
    - For temperaments, you should try to get temperaments that suit your sim. I had a werewolf with the romantic trait and the frisky temperament live with his girlfriend. He was building up rage constantly. Now that he has gotten rid of that temperament, he is way more relaxed. You need to learn the lunar howl perk (level 5 perk) to randomise your perks. You can even get a positive perk that doesn't build up rage. I even occasionally get two of them.
    - rage seems to build up faster when a werewolf is transformed. If your werewolf is constantly in wolf form when they are not furious, his/her fury builds up way faster.
    - the aspiration reward for the emissary of the collective aspiration gives the refined lupine trait. According to the description it passively builds less fury
    - as mentioned earlier in this thread the perks somber howl and will to resist are also very helpful
    4: Does the way a Sim becomes a wolf affect its behavior?
    As far as I know it doesn't matter

• Options
    Very helpful, thank you.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    AWESOME! I have the pack, but have yet to play them. I'm typically NOT an alternative life-state player, so I've never really delved into any of the gameplay for them.

But, the story that's been brewing in my head for the last week incoporates a litte bit of some occult gameplay (the 3 major ones, that is). So I was going to be asking these same type of questions soon.

Right now I'm only at the point of jotting down some initial backstory ideas for my characters, but this answers a lot the questions I had too and helps so much because I also was wondering if you could prevent rampaging when the story needed.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited November 2022
    About the rampage part.

If you want your sim to freely transform into wolf form and back, then you'll have to have your sim go through rampage without scaring any sims. In addition, when a sim becomes a werewolf, then they automatically go into rampage.
  • Options
    Very helpful, thank you.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I'm like Chicklet, I haven't really played the weres because I really hate the way they eat. But after reading this thread, I realise there are other things for weres to do other than bad table manners. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I'm like Chicklet, I haven't really played the weres because I really hate the way they eat. But after reading this thread, I realise there are other things for weres to do other than bad table manners. :D

My werewolf recently learned to eat with chopsticks. I had to reassign chopsticks for it to work but he needed to eat with them for one of the snowy escape aspirations. He still eats like a werewolf, just holds chopsticks while eating for some meals.
  • Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

My werewolf recently learned to eat with chopsticks. I had to reassign chopsticks for it to work but he needed to eat with them for one of the snowy escape aspirations. He still eats like a werewolf, just holds chopsticks while eating for some meals.

Awesome! Did he "get a big dish of beef chow mein," like the werewolf in the song "Werewolves of London?" :D
  • Options
    RoseQuartz wrote: »

Awesome! Did he "get a big dish of beef chow mein," like the werewolf in the song "Werewolves of London?" :D

Not that I noticed. ;) but he did get aspiration points for eating with chopsticks
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member

Omg, that's awesome! Right now I have a sim who is a foodie and a friend of the Wild Fangs. I just have to cringe when I see them eating, so this may be a distraction from shoveling food in their mouths. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    "....and that's why we can't have nice things"

(frequent refrain of the werewolf player)