Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of venues do you use at Henford-on-Bangley?

I recently purchased Cottage Living, I'm really enjoying it.

We know that some venues may affect gameplay depending on the neighborhood in a certain world... so:

What lots do you guys use that don't conflict with Cottage Living gameplay? Especially at Finchwick!

Retails, restaurants, parks, nightclubs?

Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Only lot I added was a restaurant. I like to think the world is very secluded from everywhere else that it prefers to be secluded. The locals don’t want to add anything like a nightclub or fancy retail stores, that would bring “tourists” to Henford because they’ll only bring change and problems. I don’t even add computers cause internet doesn’t reach there.
    Atleast that’s how I interpret Henford in my game. I am curious as to what others have added in theirs
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    In my current save:

Two pubs and an auld stone church with a cemetery - and frankly - that’s all a village like HoB needs ( and usually has).

The pubs are a bar and a restaurant.
    The church (a wedding venue) has a library with stone steps that lead to a vampire maze crypt which leads to another spine chilling subterranean place…which - depending on the mood of the ehr…village natives- may or may not lead to a sim’s demise…

Indeed indeed,…there’s no place as welcoming to newcomers as the “sleepy” old town of Henford on Bagley…😈
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited November 2022
    For Finchwick

I have tiny church set as museum lot type

(which i tend to use for churches because wedding lot type is so glitchy and i don't like sims running around taking pictures)

it also has very tiny graveyard next to it which i plan to use for sims that die in Henford although for now its deco graves and Cecilias grave and i hate that game deletes ghosts out of households cause I am quite sure she is gone by now *sighs*

and gnomes arms is there slightly edited but in its original lot type i just added some things

None in the woodsy part i forgot name of suddenly i had other use for the park

aand old new henford has Frogs Wallow I built

its meant to be lodging but I set it as restaurant for now and it works quite nice like that

if i had more space in finchwick I would probably add library, vet clinic or retail (say butchers shop or bakery or crafts or something)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited November 2022
    In Finchwick ( town part ) across from the bar, in my main rotational save, I made a barn that can be a lounge, night club, or bar. It has a bar, musical instruments, Dance floor and I think the commercial stereo that came with Strangerville. And tables. Outside there is a pond, picnic table, bbq pit, and bonfire, sand I think some things for cats and dogs, and a dumpster on the other side. On the top floor I have activities, some things for toddlers and children to do a chess table, and a couple of games, and restrooms. I also have some pictures and hay bales with a camera set up on a tripod ( Moschino stuff ), so families can take pictures, I was kind of envisioning this lot as something like a barn dance.

In another save I downloaded a nightclub that looks like a barn up towards the hilly area.

Although I haven’t done it yet, I wanted to make a couple of country stores ( retail from Get To Work ). in finchwick f town part ). I was thinking of making a bakery/ country store/ orchard, that sells bakery items , and plates of food, and you can pick fruit from tree’s. Then I was also going to make a furniture store with the furniture you can make with the woodworking skill and the maker machine ( civil engineering career from Eco living ). Also my Daughter has a furniture store in her game that sells things like beds that have been updated by someone with high handiness skill that I thought I would try putting those in the furniture store too.

Something else I thought might be good is a community lot from Eco living that is a lot with sales tables and a couple food booths, along with a community garden, probably will be marked as a market place ( I think that’s what it is called in Eco living ). In San Myshuno, I turned the Salt house ( adding a basement ) into a community lot that could function as any of the 3 community lots ). I was pleasantly surprised to see people selling things like wax, dyes etc.

In one of my saves I also put a tent, bbq, picnic table, ice chest on a tarp, and bathroom in the park, so my sims can spend the night if they are collecting things.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    In my current save:

Two pubs and an auld stone church with a cemetery - and frankly - that’s all a village like HoB needs ( and usually has).

The church (a wedding venue) has a library with stone steps that lead to a vampire maze crypt which leads to another spine chilling subterranean place…which - depending on the mood of the ehr…village natives- may or may not lead to a sim’s demise…

Indeed indeed,…there’s no place as welcoming to newcomers as the “sleepy” old town of Henford on Bagley…😈

Funny, I was thinking the the little lots way up on the hill would be a great place for a witches hut!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2022
    Village Centre (Finchwick):
    • British Café or Tea Shop - Café/Retail Bakery/Restaurant (tea/coffee/soft drinks/light brunch/lunch/afternoon tea fare/baked goods)
    • Church/School/Village Hall - Community Space/Generic/Residential (in a small village this might be based in a function hall attached to a church or local school - making it a church means it can do double duty as a wedding venue too. If it's a residence, then you would have to get to know the vicar to get married there and knock to enter, etc. Could triple as a cemetery, but not sure what would happen to graves on a Community Space lot when it changes, so this option is better if Generic/Residential)

Farmland (Old Henford):
    • Seasonal Fair/Festival Grounds/Farmers Market/Car Boot Sale - Park/Community Space/Retail (if you use a Community Space you can vote to change each season and a couple of vendors will show up, or just swap out a Park for seasonal variants)
    • Bed & Breakfast/Spa Hotel - Rental/Residential (you could have one of you own sims run this by asking sims to be roommates and giving Spa services to them & walkbys, or visit the sims who run it if you have the Always Welcome trait - pay them by gifting them money for an overnight stay/using Spa Services)

Forest/Woodland (The Bramblewood):
    • Campsite/Bunkhouse/Lodge - Park/National Park/Rental/Generic (great alternative camping destination for scouts or military exercises, and allows sims to stay overnight to collect mushrooms/befriend wildlife)
    • Adventure/Wilderness Training Centre - As above, or combined with above (activities like rock climbing treadmill, hiking (if possible with debug signs), OTG trait, OTG cooking, fishing, gathering, onsen hot springs, swimming/sailing in river/lake made from pool tool, astronavigation via telescopes etc)
    • Occult Club/Secret Society Hangout - Any lot type, but better with Club Doors or modded locks for clubs/occults only (this area has an enchanted/fae vibe, so it's a great place for occults/Secret Society to gather, whether that's werewolves hunting bunnies or a coven meeting to dance around a bonfire)
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I mostly focused on local history through residential lots. Because they are integrated with the history, they feel like more than just private homes. Some are farms specializing on either kind of produce or who they deliver to. One farm focuses on milk, another on eggs and Mayonaisse. One dark-magic cottage specializes on mushrooms. One farm delivers misc produce to the Rossie Palace (seat of the dukedom), another delivers only apples for nectar production next door. I kept the pub, but intended to add more functionality to it. Also plan to turn the "national park" into either a family camp ground or a (military) training camp - not gotten to it quite yet :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I have a cafe in the village, designed like a tea house where people can come and read and do some cross stitching and I've modified the upstairs room of the pub into a bedroom so it functions as a proper inn now for weary travelers. I also have a rental castle that I can turn into a museum if needed because I felt like a castle was missing from the landscape.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited November 2022
    It's not done yet but my plan is :
    • Bar/Pub
    • Park
    • National park
    • Wedding venue
    • Rental (Vacation)
    • Community space
      • Community garden
      • Marketplace

Lot traits and challenges :
    • Homey
    • Great Soil
    • Peace and Quiet
    • Natural Well

NAP :
    • Back to the Old Days
    • Green Gardening
    • Foodies Unite!

Keywords : Community - Tradition - Nature
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Nope, I have kept all the lots residential except the Gnome Arms. I renovated that so it is a combination bar, small eatery (small kitchen), pub entertainment, a couple of gaming mats and a bubble blower. It's a great place where everyone comes to hang out. There are so few lots to house citizens, I just kept them as residential.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2022
    Another option for farmland area (Old New Henford)

Country Club - Could be a Lounge/Restaurant/Gym/Spa. Have sports facilities, fishable pond, hot tub, spa items, MWS champagne buckets, entertainment area with stage, bar/dining room, indoor games, kids area (indoor and out), outside sports courts, tea room etc. Have wealthy/snobby sims in clubs who hang out there. If it's a Lounge you could make it a Hot Spot with lot traits for celeb sightings/events.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    The only new lot I added to Henford is a nursing home which looks a bit like a small castle. I move my elders there when their houses get too crowded with children and grandchildren.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I built a forest bath (outdoor pool) on Cordelia's secret cottage lot. I also rebuilt the pub and the forest lot.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited November 2022
    Henford is currently the core of my Hogwarts world.
    I turned the pub into the Three Broomsticks, basically just a rename.

I am thinking of putting in Madame Puddifoots Tea Shop, but it's going to have to be Madame Puddifoots Boba Tea shop, which will look odd having people sip out of plastic cups with straws. I will probably throw in several My Wedding Stories tea sets so I can have a more formal Tea experience as well.

I'm starting the conversion of this house into a Tea Shop now.
    11-17-22_3-47-27_PM_iGBcmzYCtXm4JbHyqwQ76C.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-17-22_3-47-37_PM_jDn68Rm37AH2t6DR6wjhqX.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-17-22_6-28-36_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-17-22_7-25-04_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    i just add a rustic little restaurant and edit the pub. i prefer to keep with the village vibes. things like nightclubs and spas don't fit there imo. there are some great suggestions in this thread that do fit though.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    Old Mill Hill will be turned into a dog park/ park with rinks
    Finchwick will have the following venues: pub, community space with thrift store, library, museum combo and a karoke bar with a small stage outside to be used when the weather isn't nasty
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Great tips everyone! Thanks!

I will second many of you, I will go for a restaurant. I already have a shell o:) But the layout is another story: functionality depends on it so I will built it with patience :p

I like the retails but I have never had one outside Magnolia. I play the same retails in my main save (5 years old now).

You are right @bshag4lv they are few lot at Finchwick :'( BTW do you know if it safe to evict the pub owner from her house? I know that you should not play that household, but do this household need a house?

Oh @83bienchen I REALLY need to change that Pub, it is pretty but the layout is not gameplay friendly.
    My sims went to the fair, it was the same day that New Year's Eve, it was really fun but:
    JiKGp0f.png
    My reno was not enought to avoid the crowded reception of the New Year.
    BTW @crocobaura I also built a bedroom at the Pub :#

edited November 2022

Thanks for your ideas @EmmaVane o:) You know I have a household at Oasis (one vampire) that loves roommates! Silly me, it never occurred to me to build a bed and breakfast! I always have fun playing her, but with that idea is gonna be a blast (if it is safe to evict the Pub owner I will use that lot for my vampire).

Lol @CAPTAIN_NXR7 my Henford-on-Bangley is gonna be as "sleepy" as yours soon (I'm only moving occults there, yay). Oh, basements vampires friendly are a most in any world!
    4R3I4kE.png

@SheriSim57 indeed that pretty Cordelia lot is designed for a witch hut... or a werewolf cottage. I want to move my lonely werewolf there but I need first to find the imaginary house plans :D

Lovely house @CK213 your Hogwarts world is epic <3

Post edited by emere on

@Simmingal the wedding lot type is glitchy because of the GP? or also with basegame weddings?

The game also delete ghost that are IN a household. As my save is really old the culling is really agressive :'( My ghosts can be culled in 24 sims hours... Sometimes I feel that is time for me to start a new save :s
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited November 2022
    It could be a good place for a witch house.

It will be the Home World of my Spellcasters.

792abc10.jpg
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,657 Member
    In my current save all I've done was evict a townie household from 5 Cobblebottom and replace the lot with a charming little rental that I used for a couple on their honeymoon. Henford doesn't play a big role in that save, but if it did I think I would replace all of Finchwick with shops and pubs. I'd take the big empty lot in Old New Henford and maybe put a cathedral and graveyard there. Or maybe put the cathedral in Finchwick. This is an interesting topic to think about because at some point Henford may play a bigger role in my save and this thread is full of ideas.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    In my current save:

What lots did you use for these? My Rock Star lives there currently. I built a house on the hill for him, since he needed the space. The empty lot, just below I built a lot for his only sister and her husband. The other two lots on Mill Lane, I will replace for his two brothers when the time comes for them to move out of Erik's house. Is the pub the one that's already there?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/