It's Patch day! The latest update is now live for The Sims 4 which includes critical updates to Gallery and in-game profanity filters. Click here to read the notes.

EA App changed my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to Sims 2 Double Deluxe

songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,457 Member
Can anyone tell me if Double Deluxe is the same as Sims 2 Ultimate? AFIAK it's not. I asked if this was the same game I had in Origin. I also asked why 25-30 pages of sims 3 store purchases were shown as "placeholder" with no purchase info. This was my response:

Thank you for contacting EA help. My name is Gaurav and I would assist you with your issue today.
I hope you are doing well.
As I can see that your issue is related to a query related to Sims 2. Since this game has been discontinued long time back, we have no idea as what will you get in Double Deluxe edition.
It was nice assisting you.
If you have any further questions regarding this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Thank you again for contacting EA help. Be safe, stay healthy and take care of yourself!

I am aware Sims 2 is not supported, but this was a purchase question. I own all Sims 2 expansion and stuff packs which is why I was offered the Ultimate collection to begin with. I suppose they don't consider it a "purchase," but it was offered via EA. They shouldn't just yank it because they no longer support their game.

Comments

• candybootcandyboot Posts: 125 Member
    Sims 2 Double delux is the same as the Ultimate collection.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 16,867 Member

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection comes with The Sims 2 Holiday Stuff pack which wasn't with the double deluxe and the Best of Sims 2 collections.
    The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection includes The Sims 2 Holiday! Stuff Pack. Even though it is not treated as a real Stuff Pack since it’s installer was treated like a patch + it’s icon was never included in The Sims 2 Launcher, they still decided to add it to this Collection.
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 214 Member
    No, it's not the same.

When I look online, all I see is that Double Deluxe contains only Sims 2 base game, nightlife, and the Celebration stuff Pack. This sounds pretty bad that there was a change like that.

I love having the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and I haven't switched to the EA App yet. @songsmith2003 Can you try reinstalling Origin? Or is that no longer an option?

That sounds especially odd with the Sims 3 store purchases, too. I'm not looking forward to the day when Origin doesn't run any more, if those kinds of changes are going to happen without warning or explanation.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • EcaEca Posts: 105 Member
    Ultimate Collection and Double Deluxe are obviously not the same, as we know. I think the OP is asking if UC on EA App is indeed UC because it has the cover of DD.

I don't know if attempting to download that thing results in installing UC or DD. My EA App recognizes my UC with that wrong DD cover, but with the correct product key (the key I used for UC).

Try and download the game. I guess it should create a folder in the name of UC, instead of DD.
    giphy.gif
    Add me on TheSims3.com and let's exchange in-game gifts!
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 214 Member
    Ah okay, good to know, thank you @Eca. That makes me feel a little better about eventually switching over to EA App.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,476 Member
    Hi :)
    Did you check the game files to see if they were all there?
    Does TS2UC show on the App?
    Origin had a Fix option, does the app?
    Sorry, I can't help. I'm not going to install the app.

I also remember EA guaranteeing us that if we registered our TS2 games to Origin, they would keep them for us and we could ALWAYs play them. I knew they lied. I kept my disks and registered them. I wish I had the screen shot from back them but that was several computers ago.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 293 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    Did you check the game files to see if they were all there?
    Does TS2UC show on the App?
    Origin had a Fix option, does the app?
    Sorry, I can't help. I'm not going to install the app.

I also remember EA guaranteeing us that if we registered our TS2 games to Origin, they would keep them for us and we could ALWAYs play them. I knew they lied. I kept my disks and registered them. I wish I had the screen shot from back them but that was several computers ago.

Me too! I actually have the base game on another account since i wasn't 18 when i purchased the game, well my dad anyways. I Can't quite explain how i didn't get ultimate collection- perhaps because sims 3 was always annoying, and origin was annoying too. But i have all the cds, and launch from them. this is why i don't really like online collection stuff.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,022 Member
    I think it's just the thumbnail that's wrong/incorrect. I got a new PC earlier this year and only just got around to installing TS2 UC a couple of weeks ago. I went to install it with EA App and while the thumbnail said Double Deluxe, it went to install as the UC, so I think it will be fine. But I ended up installing it through Origin because I'm a creature of habit. But I did see it was going to install as UC when I clicked on it in EA App.