Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is she wearing this?

I'm doing the Strangerville mystery so my Sim went to the local bar in Strangerville and found townie Summer Holiday looking like this. This is not one of her 5 outfits, and I turned off all situational outfits with MCCC. How could she still be wearing this outfit?

x6LJSIl.png

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    No idea. Is that helmet CC? Perhaps its not situational but random retail outfit? Would MCCC still handle it? I wish we did not have any of the silly randomness, it's causing nothing but annoyance.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    No idea. Is that helmet CC? Perhaps its not situational but random retail outfit? Would MCCC still handle it? I wish we did not have any of the silly randomness, it's causing nothing but annoyance.

Definitely not a CC helmet. lol.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Hmm, is she a style influencer for her career? That career generates truly odd outfits and they get odder with each promotion. There's always some kind of wacky headgear. I've had multiple style influencers and their outfits are never the same.

Something about Summer's outfit just feels like that particular flavor of odd

for reference
    this-seasons-look.png
    rahmi.png

Plus, MCCC might not consider career outfits to be situational outfits.

(Or else she could have just been waaaaay unlucky with her random cold weather outfit in this particular save)
    gen3-banner.png
    Hmm, is she a style influencer for her career? That career generates truly odd outfits and they get odder with each promotion. There's always some kind of wacky headgear. I've had multiple style influencers and their outfits are never the same.

Something about Summer's outfit just feels like that particular flavor of odd

I'm not playing her but I checked and she's in the culinary career.
  • MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 327 Member
    Summer wears that in my game as well. It's her work outfit. She works as a dishwasher in the culinary career. I have no idea why she needs a helmet for that. lol.
    MrPlumbob wrote: »
    Summer wears that in my game as well. It's her work outfit. She works as a dishwasher in the culinary career. I have no idea why she needs a helmet for that. lol.

thats so bizarre. When I have played the culinary career with my own sim they never wore this. Why would the game set it up for a townie sim work outfit? The gloves are ridiculous too.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    edited November 2022
    @MrPlumbob Wow. I guess those industrial dishwashers are really dangerous

gen3-banner.png
  • MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 327 Member
    > @mightysprite said:
    > @MrPlumbob Wow. I guess those industrial dishwashers are really dangerous

They must be. lol

> @aaronrulz said:
    > thats so bizarre. When I have played the culinary career with my own sim they never wore this. Why would the game set it up for a townie sim work outfit? The gloves are ridiculous too.

I think Maxis/EA might have customized the outfit specifically for Summer, since she wears it in my game too.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Summer wears the same helmet in my game when I see her in San Myshuno and the weather is bad.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Some Career outfits are really messed up in this game.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I never saw Summer wearing that outfit in my game, so I wonder if this was introduced with a pack that I don't own, which could be Batuu, Werewolves or High School Years.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    MCCC allows you to edit career outfits. I think there’s also a cheat but I’m not sure what it is.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    The cheat to edit career outfits for an active sim is sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas there are some mods out there which allows you to edit career outfits as well.

Some career outfits are broken in the game and have been that for a while, for a year or so I think... I only know of the style influencer one.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    career outfits have been mess for a long while I even recall them being mess on sims I no longer have in my save
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

The pizza delivery "career" people are always wearing a cool hat in my game. B) Just an hour ago, caught these screenshots. :D

dun...
    btgtVt2.png
    DUN...
    eVU7lFM.png
    DUNN!!!
    JitUkcP.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I never see summer in my game…. I guess that’s good….. lol. But, I do remember in the past having sims show up in all kinds of random hats at times. Even sims I play, and know they don’t have those outfits with the strange hats in their CAS.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited November 2022
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I'm doing the Strangerville mystery so my Sim went to the local bar in Strangerville and found townie Summer Holiday looking like this. This is not one of her 5 outfits, and I turned off all situational outfits with MCCC. How could she still be wearing this outfit?

x6LJSIl.png

That’s really odd with the helmet and posh gloves 😂!

Sims do turn up in random outfits when appearing as unplayed. When I rotate to that Sim the couture I saw them in isn’t there. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I really wish there were settings so the clothes choices the game makes, at least made some sort of sense.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I find this thread quite funny 🤣🤣 wearing an helmet to work to wash dishes 😂, maybe she's got the high maintenance trait and she doesn't want soap in her eyes or hair 😂
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I find this thread quite funny 🤣🤣 wearing an helmet to work to wash dishes 😂, maybe she's got the high maintenance trait and she doesn't want soap in her eyes or hair 😂

Actually, that exact same character in my game, wears that space helmet and those long gloves too for her career outfit. I'll try to capture a screenshot next time I see her. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    This has been reported as Summer's work outfit in several forum topics for the past couple of years. As previously noted, several work outfits are broken
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member

x6LJSIl.png

For some reason I caught bella wearing this outfit at odd times before an update on her.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member

x6LJSIl.png

In my game, she is also always dressed like that..