Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Overwolf/CurseForge v1.0 : what do you think ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
Hi,

Overwolf/CurseForge v1.0 : what do you think ?
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Overwolf/CurseForge v1.0 : what do you think ? 94 votes

31%
bshag4lvHowGreatThouArtMartinvoveronmiklcStrangerthankerryemmiebethMzRoadRunnaMagdaleenaDevSims91shandra2183SimplyJenphantasmkisskiwi84SweetieWright_84Sorak4Emo-usagi2187Kathykinspandie00Bren91 30 votes
Dislike
11%
LeGardePourpreKita5399FlashMarkerNinoosimmitchiebanjoMirichaSelinaKylesOnverserSeashoreLiviaSnowBnuuyPlaidisrad_123 11 votes
No opinion
47%
BluegayleCK213BreeSashaSara1010Palexspoom13SimmervilleColorist40JueJuePlayerSinger2010danacnbrettxoJessiNyxLunaStarelanorbretonheiblumesimgirl1010Paigeisin5cchant86DarkLady2788LizzychicagoKhrisstyne 45 votes
Other ...
8%
GalacticGalKoveeJestTruTeeSeaChadSims2HopeyStarrmightyspriteJAL 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    No opinion
    I have no opinion... yet. I'm willing to wait and see.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Dislike
    I know some CC sites and 3D shops, it's always possible to filter the Male clothing drowned in the flow of Female content.
    It seems Gender is optional here, for example 468 items in CAS but only 2 Male and 29 Female Clothing items found by using the Gender filters.

This service really starts from scratch.

Second point, the most important thing is the thumbnails, 64x64 is small for a 4K screen.
    People shouldn't have to check thousands of BB/CAS items one by one.

For example
    • CurseForge ( 64x64 )
      igw8ph7b8xzr.jpg

• The Sims Resouce ( 293x220 )
    • Mod The Sims ( 256x225 )
      slpp8nmb2w0n.jpg

• Daz3D Shop ( 350x445 )
      1o0i65rmcxk8.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    No opinion
    I expect some growing pains. I only have a few mods/cc and not currently looking to add any more right now.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,839 Member
    edited November 2022
    No opinion
    I'm openminded about it, but not in any rush to try it out. Hearing that all my favorites that are joining up will still have their content on their sites removes a big part of the draw for me. Looking at their sites everyday is part of my routine so I don't mind sticking with that. From what I've read in here it sounds like the way Curseforge checks to see if your CC is up to date won't work with the way I have my mods folder organized. I remove any and all special characters, simply the creators name, the file name, and spaces in between. A lot of my files don't have the exact same name the creator gave it, so that feature won't work and that's the only other major draw. I'll probably drop in every once in a while to have a look around, but I don't see it as something I'd do everyday.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Dislike
    There are possibilities to improve the site.

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    No opinion

I don't generally use mods until a game series is done but am on a wait and see on this
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    No opinion
    I'm more interested in the contest. 😄
    Three lucky (or should I say talented) Sims 4 creators are going to win $5000!
    Community vote.

https://curseforge.overwolf.com/
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I like the idea of all of my favorite modders all in one spot. I just went to the site in your link and now I'm not sure. I thought it was a site, now they are saying download the app. Um, I think I'll hold off for a little while. If the modders are going to continue their tumblrs, I know those so I feel more comfortable going there. Guess I should have voted no, lol.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    No opinion
    After taking a look I kind of like it, more the fact that it's easier to find something without having to google like crazy and try to find cc creators that doesn't hide things behind paywalls.

Sure I also have some favorites bookmarked already but here I find cc creators I've never heard of before.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I never play with custom content. I have it, but every update turns it off, and I rarely remember to turn it back on. When I do turn it back on, some things have disappeared, and others are glitched.

I love the idea of custom content in one place instead of scattered across the internet, and auto-updates to prevent post-patch game crashes.

I give the idea 5/5 plumbobs and a Justine Keaton.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    No opinion
    I don't know yet. I have a Mac so I won't get to use stuff for a while according to all sources. But, I did browse and there is nice stuff. It was hard to search for individual things though. I did like the 'Images' tab where you get to see all the items you'll be downloading.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    No opinion
    I really don't know yet, I used it a long time ago for mods for WOW and ESO, that was pretty easy, but it has been a long time . Guess I will wait and see how useful this may be depending on the mods that end up there and if I use them.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Just another game to add to the Curse list lmao. No biggie for me, really.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    As of right now, you can't log in without a Twitch account and I have no intention of signing up for a Twitch account. But I see that they will eventually be adding on other log in options (thru google, facebook, overwolf, etc). So I currently can't do anything until they add in more log in options (I'll eventually use my already existing google account to log in when it's available).

But for now, I can't even get the curseforge app to recognize my installed Sims 4 game on my computer anyways. I tried getting it to scan for the game, and then also tried to manually add it from the directory... but the app just simply will not recognize the TS4_x64.exe file at all? So I currently can't use the app for Sims 4.

And their support/help section is of no help at all thus far. I can't seem to find any help in getting the app to recognize my installed Sims 4 game, there's no step-by-step instructions, nor is there a forum to throw the question out there at someone, nor is it in any of their FAQs. The only other help option is using the app link for getting help from other people on Discord, but I don't have a Discord account and have no intention of getting one either.

And so for now, it seems this curseforge thing is hanging in limbo until further notice.... :|
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited November 2022
    Other ...
    There are some mods and cc I'm interested in, but have still just not gotten around to it. Plus the updating/repairing process seems like a pain. I'd have to wait and see how this mod handler works, at the point in time when I actually try to use it, if that ever happens.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited November 2022
    No opinion
    I don't know that much about it and I am in no hurry to find out either, since the creators whose mods I use have promised to still keep their pages up. So I don't really care.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    I'll take using Curseforge and having at least one big modsite that hasn't been tainted by controversy over searching twenty thousand Tumblrs, Patreons and other seedy sites just for some basic clothing!

So I like it already. We needed a proper Nexus long ago.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    It's not a big deal. Totally optional. I already use it for other games.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    No opinion
    I'm not negative, I just think it's way too late now that TS4 is facing its last years. My game is already packed with CC, and so is the internet. I never had problems finding what I needed for my game. That said, I never used many mods, so the problem with updated versions after patches etc was minimal. Now that the game closes I assume the entire problem caused by patches will stop anyway.

Good for new simmers to find plenty on the same site, especially mods. But I agree that the thumbs are way too tiny - I'm not tempted when I need to read cc titles because the images are too small to trigger my interest. It simply gets too much work browsing the lists.

(based on what was posted by others, as I don't have a Twitch account.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited November 2022
    No opinion
    I don't know much about it, so I have no opinion. However, if it helps in keeping mods updated, then I will like!
  • Options
    CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    I dont care about CAS CC's as I find default CAS items are more than enough, but as someone who use billions of gameplay mods and hopefully an aspiring modder, I do appreciate CurseForge. Its nice to see that talented modders are supported.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited November 2022
    No opinion
    I am continuing to play vanilla so I have no opinions really :sweat_smile:
    other than that maybe its nice to have this kind of hub to look into if i ever do use mods again
    do agree though those thumbnails look tiny you can barely tell what it is :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I haven't updated my game for the last two or three updates so I can't really test it. But as long as the old way works, I don't feel the need to test out this new program. I have been adding mods this way ever since sims 1 and my mods are few and well organised so that works for me. So unless mccc or the mods of littlemssam are exclusively available on curse forge only, I will stick with the old method.