Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They asked what we wanted to see in the game, and it all poured out...

1.Polyamory.
Yes we can technically have multiple bf/gfs but not ethically unless you have the serial romantic aspirationrewards. Which is labeled being a "Player". Gives off a vibe of, "well you knew what it was when you got involved with me." Which is fine for some aspects of gameplay but not all.
I'd like some ethical polyamory, and the ability to be married to multiple people. And the ability to have all those people be married to each other if they so choose.

Which leads me to number 2.
2. Family tree fix.
I Swear to Plumbob it's been almost a decade. Can we get this better? We're about to bring a whole new lifestage into it. And these kids are still gonna be confused by Aunts let alone Step-parents and Grandparents after someone divorces. Or if someone leaves the house and now you don't know they're your older sibling.

3. Following that, more family interactions. Little ones. Like siblings knowing of each other's existence even if I don't make the adult sibling, or sibling in another house, go visit the other. Like really? You don't even know they exist? You have the same parents. Your mom didn't call ans say she was pregnant? You didn't visit the hospital?

I know a few modders have worked on the things I've mentioned so far as best they can. But they have to work within the framework of the game. Sometimes it doesn't work right. And even when it does, it breaks every patch bc it's not part of the game. At this point make them real game features and give the modders credit for being the first to make a working option.

Leaving family dynamics behind for a bit:

4. Apartments that we own. The sim family itself is the landlord and can live in the property. I think we can have a rental house more permanently now, but honestly that info was confusing and I didn't even bother. Just give us an additional business. But ones we could live in and earn residual income. Maybe hire and handyman or two. Depending on what packs you have the effects could be different. You could have a green residence. Vampire safe apartments with sun-treated glass. Or the opposite for Werewolves. Furnished apartments that come with satellite dishes with Very upgraded cable packages that even get Interstellar channels. And pools/hotels for our merfolk. Maybe even greenhouse types for our aspiring Plantsims.

It'd be really cool if the owner had the option of a second residence. Or if the option of making it a "Family Owned" Establishment like a Lot Trait was added. So that the main player family, and any kids who split off could go work there if they get added to idk a separate employee panel from the normal paid employee options. So say your kid moves to Brichester and you decide to build student apartments. They live in one, but also keep up with tenants for their spending money.

⭐️ Smaller individual banking for each sims separate for the family account would come in clutch here.

Onto my issues with supes
5. Just like a general refresh of everything except Vamps and Spellcasters.

🐺 Werewolves just idk. I don't mind the wolves too much but the fury/rage mechanic makes very little sense to me in the way it works. I feel like Hunger would've made a ton more sense. Especially as an opposite to Vampiric thirst. Easier to control. And if the wolves still experienced rage, it wouldn't be at such random things. It's like dealing with hot-headed sims all the time. And that is stressful. I don't need that kind of anxiety. Some of us just wanted to howl at the moon.

🧜‍♀️ Merpeople are severely lacking. I don't remember if they have their own crib. But I have several ideas of how to give them better treatment from the ground up.
First a bassinet with a stylized wave as the leg, that sort of crests over it. Perhaps even a clam or shell of some sort, or motif. More merbaby clothes, and up for other life stages. There's some stuff once you're older for your merform. However a lot of it is really just stuff to wear on the islands and less, I'm a fabulous underwater being.

Hydration is really the only thing that shows they are a mermaid as of now. If you aren't in the water and using your tail, or calling a dolphin, or like the other 2 tricks they have. That's it. They don't even have a cool panel. So first fix the panel. And then for Hydration, how can we fix it when they're sleeping if we don't have a pool, or water nearby? Tired of your MerSim falling asleep in the bath? How about a Hydration Pod? They could use the same mechanism as the coffins and energy pods but make it add Hydration to Merperson sims. Vamps are the only ones who regain dark energy in coffins, everyone else just sleeps. The same could work here. Heck if a vamp gets in one maybe they regain energy but come out feeling too wet and classy.

Going off that waterbeds. Shaped like open clams with pillow pearls. When a mermaid gets in, instead of just being under the pink covers, they get their tail and you can see it resting under the pink in the base of the shell. Even as they lay down. Any other sims next to them is just laying under the covers not wet. Hydration up, sleep up.

Also another world for Mers with most of it being underwater lots. Where airbreathers can have Sandy Cheekseque bubbles to travel through unless inside where there is air. And then some island lots where breathers could live. More types of Mers too. Let's go Ursula!

👽 Aliens are a lot like Mers. But they have a world. But I think that world is actually a tourist trap. So it should be treated as such and there be a second world created and the current Sixam accessible via Portal similar to RoM portals only Sciency. And myb teleportation bc aliens.

Alien babies have prams already but I don't remember if the hybrids do. Given the fact that they are pretty much the only hybrid with like actual definition in the game. Rather than being either one parent or the other, but a unique blend of the two. Maybe they should get their own bassinet. The alien one could be more far out. And the hybrid one could be the same, or vice versa.

Aliens need a cool panel as well. What are their needs anyway? Even if they have the same needs Maybe they actually need to intake some vitamins from their home world to stay healthy on the Sim planet. And while Hybrids have the same panel, they don't have that need being half of this planet.

There's also the fact that abduction babies are fully alien. There could be a trait about that. Ans who knows whether they'd be mote suited to the atmosphere here or there when it comes to their needs.

We could also figure out what's going on with those abductions. Maybe tie things into other packs like Strangerville. Was Mother a failed botany experiment? What do Aliens think of the Fantasy Supes?

New build mode stuff for more of an alien home. We have some stuff from the scientist career but it has a very, I went a found this cool thing energy. The Aliens probably are like, "Dude you found an apple tree." I mean that whole pack could use an update but I'm not talking about them right now, ahem Magnolia Promenade.

Finally Plant Sims

🪴 It should be a life state not a temporary one. That's weird. No one else is temporary. Just be a plant sim. Just give us plant sims and plant sim babies. I want to make them in CAS. I want to live in a greenhouse. I want to marry mermaid and have a Seaweed Mer/Seawitch thing going on.

I want to be able to grow crazy fruits that do insane things. Like a Gruit of life, a Fruit of Knowledge that makes skills or gives random skills at high levels. Fertility Fruit so you can have a baby. Maybe if you share it with someone it's your biological baby with them. But if you eat it by yourself it's just yours, and technically the trees. Even if it isn't a Plantsim. Trait Child of The Tree of Fertility.

I wanna see Plant Sims have beef with Vegetarians. An uneasy truce with animals that must eat plants to survive. And strong feelings about proper farming practices. Maybe a bunch of them will pop up in Henford on Bagley whenever there's a Harvest going on to judge what you've got going on.

Release some Posion Ivyesque outfits to really dress our sims up. You could even have sims that look like her daughters.

Actually one more though this one I don't feel as strongly about it would just be so cool.

Servo 🤖 should be allowed to be made in CAS as well. Building one takes awhile. It's a pain. And it would be cool to have a Servo family. It'd be cooler if they could build kids on some Pinocchio type stuff. Like they gather some parts and each put them in a compartment unit on themselves for a period of time and then take it out and build it. Or put in like a machine that is essentially an incubator for building a robot baby. And boom.

You could introduce different generations of Servo so some end up looking like Androids.

And honestly like a hybrid cyborg situation would be so cool.

HYBRIDS in general would be super cool. Making them work would be great. I get that alien human hybrids don't have a ton of powers. Though my twin alien hybrids of years ago actually could communicate telepathically. But that was awhile ago. But even if hybrids don't have all the same powers as the kids who favor one side or the other, it would be cool to see how it works. If a wolf vamp hybrid gets a bit more savage around blood.

If a mermaid spellcaster is much better at summoning storms and every spell to do with the elements. But horrible on brooms.
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Wet and clammy* I swear autocorrect.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    List of simple additions the Sims team could make
    -Seasons would add that teens and children were off for the summer.
    -Every now and then a sexually inappropriate social option is available between family members, they should remove that.
    -When you hover over your chicken it gives you status' like hunger, attention, happiness, well how about a gender, I named my chicken Bok Bok and honestly, I forgot if it was male or female and I need to know because I need to know what types of chickens I need/don't need
    -more things to talk about would be nice.
    -traits should have more effect on how sims behave, and what animation possibilities they have in various conditions
    -get rid of how finishing an aspiration adds a permanent trait to your sim, because I have many sims in my family with the same traits and that irks me a bit, just a bit.
  • CloudySkies4CloudySkies4 Posts: 1 New Member
    > Servo 🤖 should be allowed to be made in CAS as well. Building one takes awhile. It's a pain. And it would be cool to have a Servo family. It'd be cooler if they could build kids on some Pinocchio type stuff. Like they gather some parts and each put them in a compartment unit on themselves for a period of time and then take it out and build it. Or put in like a machine that is essentially an incubator for building a robot baby. And boom.

You could introduce different generations of Servo so some end up looking like Androids.

And honestly like a hybrid cyborg situation would be so cool.

>>Absolutely. Just the idea of prosthetics or cybernetic alterations would bring a whole new kind of diversity to the Sims, even if it was solely cosmetic. (Robot dogs or cats would be super cute to have, too! Paint mode only brings me so much joy.)

Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned, besides being able to create servos, would be a new revival mechanic for ghosts.

Say a sim (young adult or older) dies and is a ghost. If there was an unactivated (but complete) servo ready to go, they could 'posess' that servo and effectively be revived in a robot body. Maybe a hidden trait to go with it that would affect emotions? Something about missing the ability to eat/feel things/not have to repair themselves all the time, or being dazed and overwhelmed with access to databases of knowledge.

Preserving yourself as a robot is a classic sci-fi trope and while obscure gameplay-wise could have some solid story-telling uses.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    AlienTusks wrote: »
    -When you hover over your chicken it gives you status' like hunger, attention, happiness, well how about a gender, I named my chicken Bok Bok and honestly, I forgot if it was male or female and I need to know because I need to know what types of chickens I need/don't need

This is funny because I usually have this issue with the babies. But with chickens it is easy, the rooster aka male chicken has the large red crest and hanging beard thing and big fluffy tail feathers. :)

These are in game chicken.
    TS4_x64-2021-07-20-23-27-55.jpg

These are real chicken.
    gaina-si-cocos-din-rasa-Hampshire.jpg