Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finishing challenges…

Y’all I have realized the harsh truth that I don’t like to finish challenges. Am
I alone in this? I want to finish not so berry but at the same time I don’t want to.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    Maybe the start is just more fun for you than the finish is :)

If you had requirements for what you had to finish when, it would be called "work" not a game
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    About challenges...
    Is there a list of them, so I can check what can I do?
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I have no problem finishing challenges that span a single generation only, like Rags to riches, Seven toddlers or murder mystery/kidnapping.

When it comes to the multi-generational challenges (Legacy and Build a city), I tend to quickly throw the towel. I don't want to play with all those strangers that come and go and only exist to check boxes on a list, I want to play with my lovingly created Gen. 1 and 2 sims.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Diassa wrote: »
    About challenges...
    Is there a list of them, so I can check what can I do?

@Diassa you can check out this thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906643/sims-4-challenge-list-updated-may-24-2021/p1
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Y’all I have realized the harsh truth that I don’t like to finish challenges. Am
    I alone in this? I want to finish not so berry but at the same time I don’t want to.

I couldn't get into grey gen with not so berry. Yellow was just starting to finish up and grey was born, and then I quit. 100 babies, I quit after having 67 babies with my first matriarch and it was because of a combo of being bored, doing the same interactions, too focused on getting pregnant and aging up, and just not wanting to change matriarchs. I forgot to actually PLAY the game because I'm too focused on the end goals. If that makes sense.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Challenges are interesting, but I have never done them, the closest to one is playing a scenario.
    I don't do them, because it would feel like the chore to me, and I tend to have a lets do this now, and see what happens.
    So, in my game whatever happens will happen. I keep meaning to do a challenge, but never do so.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I find that I always change the rules to suit my playing style. I make my own rules for challenges and that way I enjoy them and complete them. When a challenge has too many ridiculous rules that makes your actual gameplaying a curse more than fun, then its not worth it and you will not complete it. My number one rule for challenges is you have to have fun, if you are not having fun then the chances of not completing it is greater ;)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited November 2022
    I love the Pinstar's Legacy Challenge which I think may have set off a whole host of other challenges. I played it first in Sims2. I learned things about the game I hadn't known prior, and also had quite a number of Firsts, too. I went on to play the Sims3 version of the same challenge. I think I was up to the 3rd generation (of the required 10) but that's when I got sick. I was in the hospital and then rehab for about five-six weeks. By the time I actually got back home, I was more focused on finishing up the mini-series in my siggie below, than playing my game. By the time that was finished and I got back to Sims3, I could no longer make heads, or tails of what was going on. Suffice it to say, I never finished that challenge for Sims3. I did get very excited when I learned Pinstar and his assistant now wife were in the midst of designing the challenge for Sim4. I brought my Rock Star forward to be my Founder. I managed to mess up the challenge in the 2nd Gen. (I made a HUGE mistake regarding the rules of choosing an heir. I failed to reread that section to notice there was a codicil attached.) Had I noticed I could have carried on. :open_mouth:

I tried to recreate the second Gen Heirs, but that's when I learned the walk by Sims are not permanent like the Townies. She had died in my game, as did my Founder, but there was no going back using her. I was heart-broken. Took me a year to get over those feelings to try again. I started with Erik Cantrell as my Founder once again, mostly keeping his background with just a little tweaking. It turned out just fine, in the long run, but the storyline changed dramatically. But that's okay. I still had Firsts in that game. I completed that challenge. Yay, me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    Story challenges don't work for me. Like the idea behind NSB is neat, but I feel like I can just read the directions and not need to play it out, as the outcome is basically predetermined. I really like challenges that have clear goals, but let you get there however you want. Career legacy with bits and pieces of the random legacy were the farthest I got in a challenge, and I really only stopped that because the detective career was mega glitchy for me. I don't think I've ever actually completed any challenges, either.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I've tried the NSB and Legacy challenges but never got past the third or fourth generations. I loved the Adam and Eve challenge in the sims 3 though never got to finish it since I started playing sims 4.
    One of these days I'll complete one, hopefully :D
  • Landj0ghurtLandj0ghurt Posts: 8 New Member
    I also haven't done a proper challenge yet. I like the idea but sometimes there are just too many things you have to look out for and it gets overwhelming to keep everything in mind. I'm also more a Story-Challenge player (if) and there don't seem that many from that category that speak to me.

Totally agree with most of the things that have already been said :)