Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outfits…

How many outfits do you guys give your sims?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    5, I like that they switch em up every day or when they take a shower. They all have different hairstyles and makeup too
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Females teen and up get 5 everyday outfits. Males in the same age range get 2 or 3. For the other outfit categories, usually 1 or 2. Kids and toddlers probably get 2-3 everyday and 1 everything else.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    My sims all have 5 everyday outfits and then one for the other categories. For my female sims I then add more everyday outfits to the remaining categories.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    Main sms get all slots in each main category filled, except for sleep and swim, where I usually give 2-3. Unless it’s Morgyn. He has no slots available. Less played sims get 3 in each category. Some premades get a couple of everyday outfits because I get tired of seeing them dressed in the same stuff and get hot/cold outfits by me, not the game. Townies get their butts edited when they show up in cc or looking like a thrift store threw up on them.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    It depends. Sims that I play a lot, I tend to add more outfits as I want them. Sometimes I update and change them, sometimes I add one. Most of my sims begin with one outfit for each category but when I have a firm grasp of who they are, I might give them two or three Everyday, or more than one if I can't decide, and just do a slight variation of the main outfit.
    #Team Occult
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    2-5 per category, depending on the category, and the sim.
    Everyday wear gets the most.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    I find CAS boring so I rarely give more than one outfit per category.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,791 Member
    I usually start them out with 2 outfits for everyday, athletic, swimming, hot and cold and 1 each for formal, sleep, and party. After that as I watch them and get a better feel for what their personalities are then I start creating more outfits that match that vibe. All of the sims I spend a lot of time with have 1 or 2 everyday outfits that are their favorite outfits and everything else gets changed up from time to time.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    1-3 per category. Cold weather gets changed the most, because cold weather outfits in fall and spring are different from those worn in winter. The challenge is where to put costumes and hobby clothes so that the game cannot put my sims into them on its own.
  • PuzzlingMysteryPuzzlingMystery Posts: 152 Member
    My sims get five everyday outfits.

They get 2-5 different outfits for party, and 1-3 outfits for sleepwear, depending on sim. 1 in Athletic and swimwear, and 1-2 in formal.
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    Depends on the number of sims in a household. I easily get bored in cas, but if I'm playing one sim, I give 2-4 outfits for everyday and 2 for the others. If more than 3 sims, I just do 1 each
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I play on short, so unless I really like a sim they get one outfit for each category. Oh, and my current generation has a second formal wear, but that's because Prom was on Talk Like a Pirate Day and I had to give him full pirate garb.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    I normally give five of each category, because I get bored looking at the same outfit, time and again. When my Sims don't automatically change to something new the next day, I step in and do it for them. I also edit their clothing whenever they age up, too.

In my ancestral save I give them only three outfits per category, because that was the norm back in the 18th century, at least for the well-to-do.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,955 Member
    Wow, I’m surprised so many people give multiple outfits in each category! I only give my Sims one outfit in each :D:D
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited November 2022
    Just one for every season/occasion. And most of the time, they wear the same outfit lol
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Most of the sims I play a lot have 5 in each category. One of the party outfits is a Halloween costume. They really do need a costume outfit category. If it’s a new sim or family I will give them a few everyday outfits, a few hot weather and a couple cold weather outfits and at least 1 in the other categories, when I change townies they usually get 1 in each category. If my sims go on a winter vacation, I make sure they have a skiing outfit,..,, if they go to Sulani they may get more summery outfits and swimsuits.

• HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    For my heirs and main story line sims, it's usually 3-4 everyday, maybe two formal, and maybe 2 hot/cold depending on whether they live somewhere with strong seasons. For spares and background sims, it's one in each category. For teens, they get two formal (homecoming and prom dress), and two party (one for parties with the family, one for parties with friends). If it's a sim I really, really, like, I'll change their outfits more frequently to match their changing lifestyle.
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    When it's my sim, I give them every outfit in all swatches. When it is a townie I decide to edit it's one outfit for every occasion. I love edited Sims but I am not mad to do every 5 outfits to each category. This is resereved to my sims ;)
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited November 2022
    The answer to this question depends on how much my daughter is involved in the creation of the Sim.

I usually give Sims three Everyday outfits, for different seasons or weather conditions. An outfit choice that makes sense on a warm Summer day seems out of place to me on a cool Fall day. They'll get warm and cool weather workout wear, and possibly warm and cool weather sleepwear. I always make sure to supervise their Hot and Cold Weather attire, because that's where the game seems to create wacky combinations most often.

Z will invariably give five Everyday choices for a Sim she creates. She usually maxes out the options in other clothing categories, too.

We both give Sims with long hair different hairstyles for different occasions. They'll put their hair up for working out, sleeping, swimming, and hot weather. They'll rock a fancy style for a party or a formal event.

I'm getting better at envisioning what a Sim's hair would look like while pulled back, etc.; Z's instincts here are flawless. She is also more likely to give them different makeup for different outfits.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I only just realised you can do more than one. I have just one in each category, but they do switch around a bit with the weather ones. It’s fine but I’ll probably start adding more.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I tend to give them number of alternatives per category, based on their social rank. It's not written in stone, but nobility and very rich sims might get 5 alternative outfits at least in the everyday, formal and party categories, normally a few less in other categories. Poor households mostly get only 1-2 alternatives, and then the 2d alternative might still include a few pieces from the 1st.

I mostly did this for households that I find most interesting, though. Not all.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    99% of the time I go with one outfit per category. The reason is that if my sims get married, I put wedding rings on them. However, if I have to go through many outfits, I might miss some. After all, a sim can have total of 40 different outfits...
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    My Sims tend to have one outfit for each category, I tend to create large families.
    I just want to get the outfits for them, and play the game, I may add more outfits later, but not in CAS when I create them.