Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves - Grimtooth's Residential?

My biggest issue with Moonwood Mill is that it's short on living space. I'm thinking about turning the Grimtooth's Bar and Bunker lot Residential (instead of Bar) but I haven't tried it yet. The bunker seems like a decent place to convert to residential but I expect I'd lose the "community hang out" aspect of the bar.

So, I wanted to see if anyone else had tried this and what your experience was like. Any thoughts?
Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited November 2022
    When I want to keep the community hangout but also live there I just usually have sim actually own another lot I'm not using in random world like newcrest but just travel to lot of choice and stay there as if that was their home
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,640 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    When I want to keep the community hangout but also live there I just usually have sim actually own another lot I'm not using in random world like newcrest but just travel to lot of choice and stay there as if that was their home

The thing is, it isn't so much that I want my sims to live there as that I want some unplayed sims to be "in the world." I know it isn't terribly important, gameplay-wise, where townies live... but I want some of them to have homes. I guess I'm just weird that way.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,842 Member
    edited November 2022
    I was going to suggest using lot traits to draw sims to the lot after you switch it to residential, but that switch disables all the ones that would maintain the community feel. LittleMsSam has a mod that allows you to own venues and live on the lot too. @83bienchen may have one also. The other problem I think you're going to run into is the game will no longer send a bartender. You'll have to hire one each time you visit, or hire one everyday. I can't remember for sure because it's been a while since I tried something like this. I want to say it's the first option.

Edit: Wrong link the first time. I have the correct one now.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited November 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »

The thing is, it isn't so much that I want my sims to live there as that I want some unplayed sims to be "in the world." I know it isn't terribly important, gameplay-wise, where townies live... but I want some of them to have homes. I guess I'm just weird that way.

well you could also move bunch of sims/ families on one lot as i did with forgotten hollow but yeah idk its definitely tricky choices with the smaller worlds and trying to house many sims
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free