Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project Rene Hacked

2...Next

Comments

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    cody6268 wrote: »
    I think they should make development of Sims 5 completely public and let the players decide what features they want (e.g. Open world, apartments, etc.)

Smaller games do it all the time, and I've got some games that have been in "early access" for six years or more. So, why should The Sims be any different? I think it could have a very positive effect on the finished product.

But Sims games aren't small. They're huge and complex.

Besides, there's no need for EA/Maxis to consult with the community further. We've been telling them what we like, and don't like, for years. If they don't have an understanding by now, early access can't help them.

In a way, TS4 has been low-key early access all along. The base game was incomplete and feature-poor. Nine years later, some of us are still waiting for the game to reach the level of playability and fun that the earlier games had by year four. I'm not keen on giving EA/Maxis an official excuse to be subpar.

But Sims games aren't small. They're huge and complex.

TS4 base game begs to differ. Probably why they give it away for free these days :unamused:

• necrodharmanecrodharma Posts: 1 New Member
    as in all things net, hackers often mod and improve gameplay.

so MAXIS software designers take note.

same with cc.

this has been true for ID, Blizzard, Bethesda, and the rest of the big boys...

whose employees are?

paid, hackers.

now.

who turns down good counsel?

respects to the sweat and toil hours to make great freakin' games
  • GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    > @nanashi-sims said:
    > But Sims games aren't small. They're huge and complex.
    >
    > TS4 base game begs to differ. Probably why they give it away for free these days :unamused:

I thought that was to get Origin/EA App on more computers collecting telemetry data. Go figure. :)