Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your most memorable glitch?

Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
Currently playing Pleasantview and I was just thinking about a glitch I had when I got The Sims 2 when it was first released. This glitch happened before any patches were put out. I don't know if anyone else had this glitch or not, but I thought it would be funny to share and also ask what is your most memorable glitch?

My most memorable glitched happened when I was playing an elderly couple and they either threw a party or did the invite household option and invited over their child and spouse who had twin babies. (Yes, I invited the babies because I wanted to build the relationship I'm assuming with their grandparents before they passed) I remember them showing up with babies in their arms and just setting them on the ground, and when they eventually left the lot the babies remained on the ground. Since they didn't leave with their parents I was so confused and didn't know what to do. I bought cribs and was trying to take care of them even though they weren't apart of the household. I ended up saving and going back to neighborhood view and reloading the lot and they were still there...even in the loading image which was odd. At the time we had the old BBS forums and other Simmers were saying to delete them using move objects and they will be gone from that lot but still remain in their original household. So that's what I did. After deleting them and saving the game, I went to the neighborhood and loaded the lot they were supposed to be...and that's when I seen on the loading image NO BABIES! I was sweating bricks as the lot continued to load... once finally loaded my fears were realized as there was no babies anywhere. No where in the household, no where on the lot. I was devastated.

This memory will stick with me forever and ever since then I never tried to invite household or invite babies over lol.
angrycat.gif

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    What a cool thread idea!
    I discovered that buying a vacation home in Twikii isn't necessarily safe because I could reno it in build mode but then my sims on vacation could not be located again, either on the island, or back home. It's like they were stuck in the transporter. Lol

I swear some weird things happened with strangerville saves but can't recall what. Eager to hear of more memorable glitches.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Wow that's terrible you lost your Sims in transit to Twikkii. Hopefully it's patched. That's one thing about weird glitches like this is, even if it does get patched your still afraid it'll happened again.
    angrycat.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    I have some memories with base game only.
    • A fun glitch that allows you to build pools that go under walls and foundations. So who needs a front door when you have a pool?
    • That death by no reason glitch. I remember how my sims... just died. I did nothing. No starvation. Yet, death came.
    • That time when carpool got stuck. Sims went in, but the car didn't leave. Thus my sims were stuck in the car and children were stuck in the bus. Eventually, the social worker came because the children had low grades due to missing school (due to being stuck). And after her job was done, she went to her car and became stuck too. After some time waiting without the ability to build or buy, I exited without saving.
    • That moment when the social worker came and took only one of the children. This was my first experience with the social worker too!
    • The rare moments when the TV continued to play the shows while the game was paused.

Now some glitches I've got with Ultimate Collection.
    • My sim once got stuck in a toilet stall in her owned community lot, so I though that I'll just enter moveobjects and delete her. Big mistake. Now the lot is forever stuck and I had to use SimPE to unstuck my sim. Now the lot she owns must never be touched and no sim can ever visit it.
    • Don't use Tom's Clothing Tester (testingcheats spawnable) to see what other career outfits look like. This causes the "go to work" interaction to immediately drop once they have to go to work. Here, moveobjects deletion reset worked.
    • And finally, don't constantly use testingcheats to summon the pickpocket on your lot. Eventually, he'll just keep appearing.
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Wow, that's a lot lol

I've had the Death by no reason glitch before and it was my pregnant simself. Was so upsetting!
    angrycat.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Going into the campsite in Three Lakes again has opened my eyes!

Say hello to floor fishes! They'll disappear after some time, but I swear they are friendly!

9rkym3w86a2b.png
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I went to a grocery store and there were dogs walking around like people, all stretched out. It was bizarre. I bulldozed the lot, replaced it, and it never happened again.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01