Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me... or did they still not address the absence of stuff packs in this last summit?

Β«1
AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
I know they talked about upcoming expansions, but it didn't seem like they addressed any potential stuff packs? or their absence in general. Unless they subtly did & I just didn't pay attention.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    There was no mention of stuff packs.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    It's not just you. Am supposing they have been abandoned in favour of kits.
  • AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    It's not just you. Am supposing they have been abandoned in favour of kits.

That's really disappointing, especially since stuff packs bring way more than just kits.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited October 2022
    Yeah idk I don't really care tbh
    many of the stuff packs just felt off to me before knitting and paranormal anyway

I'm not gonna be begging
    or even asking to bring them back

I'll just be pleasantly surprised if they do make new stuff pack thats actually on same tier with those two

anything less and its but disappointment

and potential annoyance if it includes something i do want despite being otherwise disappointing

at least with kits its often throughly disappointing so i have no reason to be particularily annoyed

I desperately hope that since they are not making stuff packs they put that energy on bigger pack gameplay to just add all the possible gameplay in the bigger packs as they should have done until now

only if the gameplay needs tons of related items (like crafts) i could see it as stuff pack thing but no more cool kitchens or luxury party stuffs pls
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Unfortunately no mention of stuff packs. It feels as if the kits have indeed replaced stuff packs. they even use the same internal code so maybe this was the plan from the get go. It is a shame because stuff packs were able to actually add something more to the game than just pretty looking objects/clothing. Stuff packs had content, kits are just filler. The only exception is bust the dust but that didn't go smoothly and the gameplay kits seem to be dead and buried along with stuff packs.

Please Sims team, prove me wrong and give us new stuff packs. The later ones were really good (especially laundry day, tiny living, nifty knitting and paranormal)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Kinda funny as a lot of people would complain about the amount of stuff packs and now want them back.

Guess you don't know what you got til' it's gone. :D
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Gordy wrote: Β»
    LadyKyn wrote: Β»
    Kinda funny as a lot of people would complain about the amount of stuff packs and now want them back.

I think it's more like, "Guess you don't know what you got 'til it's replaced with something much worse."

I really miss stuff packs 😭.

I had a dream where Sims 3 stuff packs were going to be done for Sims 4.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! πŸ˜Šβ˜•οΈπŸŒž
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm also curious about this... as much as I would still like to see more stuff packs, I wouldn't be upset if they did stop making them... however, I just wish they would officially confirm this is going to be the case. If kits have replaced stuff packs, fine... but, I still wish they would announce it, at least!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    They are announcing it, by flooding us with kits and no mention of stuff packs in the past couple of years.

I don't really care either way, it always comes down to whether the content is worth the price. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member

I think it's more like, "Guess you don't know what you got 'til it's replaced with something much worse."

Why not play the sims 3 instead? Sims 3 is a much better game than Sims 4.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

I do play Sims 3 πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰.

It’s just a longer loading screen and very buggy. I’m looking into some mods to improve game performance.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! πŸ˜Šβ˜•οΈπŸŒž
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I... am not in the mood to talk about this
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    me when kits were released: no guys I don't think kits are going to release stuff packs they said it wouldn't

I admit! I was wrong! EA where are our stuff packs. They literally dropped Paranormal and dipped, gave us the best stuff pack we've ever had with no warning it'd be the last. It wouldn't be so bad if they released any gameplay kits but no.

If we don't get a stuff pack next year, it'll be our...third year of no stuff packs? Second? If so in 2023 they just need to announce their end and be done with it.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    they don't have to code new mechanics for 5 dollars/euros nor need to make a promo trailer and the community will buy it regardless so in the end they win. For it's value it's less work and more money. I don't believe they will bring them back
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

Well Stuff packs really got better and better as time went on and the last one, Paranormal stuff, is one of the best liked packs of the entire catalogue of packs, so it's not surprising people want them back.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    There was no mention of stuff packs.

Or Gamepacks either for that matter. That concerns me.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yeah...

I did not update my game for the High School expansion and I will not update it for kits either. A really good occult Game Pack would do the trick, or an exceptional Stuff Pack.

We will see what happens, I am happy with the game I got at least.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    My theory on Stuff Packs is they've stopped making them for now and have no plans to start making them again, but aren't willing to completely close the door on going back to the concept. They want that to be an option, in case someone one comes up with a hot idea for it.

As for game play kits, I feel that door really has been closed. Moving Bust the Dust to the build category was the signal.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    No Stuff Packs since January 2020.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member

I do play Sims 3 πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰.

It’s just a longer loading screen and very buggy. I’m looking into some mods to improve game performance.

I so totally disagree. I preferred Sims 2 over 3 any day of the week. I still prefer Sims4 over both earlier iterations. Once I found a mod so I could have a singer Sim back I was over the moon.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Aine wrote: Β»

Well Stuff packs really got better and better as time went on and the last one, Paranormal stuff, is one of the best liked packs of the entire catalogue of packs, so it's not surprising people want them back.

I LOVE Paranormal Stuff! It's pretty much a game pack for half the price! Worth every penny.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I don't think stuff packs, but I think they have a new focus.I think stuff packs are now only focose on mini pack ideas.Why kits are focose on small stuff.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I personally think what it comes down to is the last stuff pack they did had so much content and new activities/programming that it was almost to the level of a game pack, and perhaps they feel they can't keep up with that level of a stuff pack (sends the wrong expectation), so they moved on to more kits instead. I could be completely wrong, but to me it makes sense since stuff packs were getting better and better for the small price tag and then they just stopped.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    I personally think what it comes down to is the last stuff pack they did had so much content and new activities/programming that it was almost to the level of a game pack, and perhaps they feel they can't keep up with that level of a stuff pack (sends the wrong expectation), so they moved on to more kits instead. I could be completely wrong, but to me it makes sense since stuff packs were getting better and better for the small price tag and then they just stopped.

I feel like they just really wanted to explore microtransactions, & split up the amount of content. But I like your point, it was a lot of stuff plus the added Game Packs. Seems to me like Game Packs are probably a better replacement for the current time being. I'd like Kits if they had kept what they had going with Bust the Dust. Unfortunately they ruined that one with the glitches.