A reminder that any non-official EA content which is publicly rumored to have been captured during playtests or not intended for release is not allowed on these forums. Linking to, sharing, or otherwise distributing these types of content here will lead to its removal and potential loss of forum account access.

Para-lives Or Sims 5?

13...Next

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 13,796 Member
    edited November 2
    None of them. I'm a little tired of the girly/childish style.

I'm waiting for new games with high quality graphic like Mass Effect done by 3D pro developers.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 548 Member
    Assuming Project Rene is not a spin-off, but truly the next generation of The Sims; I question how its plan to be playable on mobile devices will affect the appearance and capabilities of the game.

I don't like the style of Parafolk, but I may end up jumping ship if TS5 goes with the software-as-a-service model and/or be a cloud game, which will be the final straw for me.
  • KbobsterKbobster Posts: 149 Member
    I'm not interested in spending hundreds of dollars on Sims DLC's anymore. If someone that isn't EA released Sims 5, they can have my money. But I will never spend money on an EA product ever again. I will keep playing Sims 3 and SIms 2, they were great. Paralives looks super fun and awesome. I love the options available like height adjuster, the way it looks, and the customization in Paras and objects (that EA has already stolen)/. But I have learned to not get excited about something until I see it. I'll wait a year until it comes out. But I'm not buying Sims 5 until I get a full refund for Sims 4.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,322 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Assuming Project Rene is not a spin-off, but truly the next generation of The Sims; I question how its plan to be playable on mobile devices will affect the appearance and capabilities of the game.

I don't like the style of Parafolk, but I may end up jumping ship if TS5 goes with the software-as-a-service model and/or be a cloud game, which will be the final straw for me.

I agree with all of your concerns, especially the mobile aspect of this new game.

For me, "next generation" has always implied bigger, better, and more of what was so beloved in the first place. Yet, The Sims franchise seems hellbent on running in the opposite direction. How many sacrifices will be made this time?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,558 Member
    I feel like I know about the same about both, so time will tell lol
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,343 Member
    edited November 10
    Honestly I'm hoping a big games company will attempt a life sim game in the near future. At the moment for me 5 and Paralives both look quite basic visually. It's 2022, I really want to see a life sim that takes advantage of new technology and feels like a next gen game. The graphics capability of the latest engines is insane, but it seems like 5 and Paralives are both holding themselves back by once again making it work for potato computers.

I just want to feel blown away by a life sim and feel like it's a true upgrade over the predecessors, if the graphics are going to be "just ok" I might as well stick with 3 as the graphics of that game are "just ok" and the gameplays good. For reference this is what's capable now visually, it's a whole different league:

• PeralPeral Posts: 778 Member
    It is always fun to root for the underdog and I hope Paralives get their game out before Sims 5 comes out!
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,571 Member
    Sims 4 has now incorporated many of the building features Paralives offered. Paralives also has a 2D character style. However, it still looks like an excellent option, especially if multiplayer is poorly implemented or a subscription becomes required to play. Odds are, if I can, I will play both. My budget is very tight lately.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 817 Member
    I really don't like the graphics/aesthetic of Paralives whatsoever and while I've seen some cool creation features, I'm not that impressed overall and it's definitely not enough to convince me to buy it.

I'm also still on the fence about TS5. It seems like the multiplayer aspect might actually be optional which was my biggest concern about this whole thing. But the idea of making it playable across multiple platforms, including mobile does scare me a bit. Does this mean mods and cc are going to be a thing of the past seeing as mobile devices likely won't be able to handle it? Or will it be like now wherein only PC users are able to use them. And then of course there's the whole having to potentially wait years before any occults are even released which is really my only playstyle.

I'm leaning towards neither for the time being... but if as time goes on, something about either Paralives or TS5 is mentioned that I find really intriguing. I might choose to give them a shot.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 4,748 Member
    The more leaks I see of Sims 5 the more I lose interest the worlds remind me very much of Sims 4 very stylized I don't want another game that does not feel like it's my game and I'm locked into world themes and designs I do not want. I guess I will have to wait and see if this is the case but I know for a fact with Paralives can be edited including lot sizes.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 92,075 Member
    Both. I'm buying both.
  • LexstraLexstra Posts: 18 Member
    Realistcally none, im fine with my other sims games but..
    If i have to REALLY choose the cake at this rate has to to go paralives...
    The sims team have shown in recent years with the disregard of sims 3 and 2 that they can produce some rubbish.
    Sims 4 is very much giving cash grab right now with the lack of content..
    If this continues, paralives will take over.
    Paralives will become the city skylines of the sims 5 and completely destory it..
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 704 Member
    sadly everything I am hearing and reading about sims5 has me leaning towards goodbye sims. Makes me sad, have been with the sims from the beginning. But hearing it is going to be online internet based is a no. plus for the sims do not look real for once it is most likely a good bye for me. (hope you are hearing the sims team) plus add seasons with the base game. like Paralives otherwise bye bye
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,440 Member
    Honestly, I’m sticking to Paralives. Have you seen what they’ve been posting on their Patreon lately? It’s too good to be true of a game.

I’m so excited to make it my long-term life simulation game. The fact that it’s open world is so relieving!