Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project Rene thoughts

troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
Hmm looks like these new build features will blow Paralives out the water when Sims 5 is released (time point 31:29)
https://youtu.be/Tmm6h6bHD3o?t=1714
I wonder though, with being able to sync play across devices, one of them being mobile, if that is going to make Sims 5 a less powerful game and thus make it a tad bit lackluster? Or it could be a good thing.
Dunno

As a builder I really 💛 the new build mode where you can customize items - we've wanted those features from TS3 in TS4 for years. Especially resizing the bed and changing the frame. It will make creating a cohesive build SO MUCH easier!

Psss, I really 💙 that the host of the Behind the Sims summit is the star from the show Everything is Trash, she's really funny.

AND Neuboo is free too #NoMoreTetheredBabies
wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Project Rene will be one of the best Sims games ever made since the Sims 4. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    I know it's really early in development but I'm not excited. Like you @troshalom, I'm not sure what to make of it being on mobile. I've been very vocal on not being excited for TS5, and this hasn't changed anything. I'm keeping an open mind, and I hope it's the best game in the series.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    If it's mobile only I would pass on it.

I don't see the point of gaming on such a tiny screen.

But I do see why they'd do it. That aims to a more global audience.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    Extremely disappointed and, for once, actually genuinely angry about something they announced.

As someone that actively plays using merfolk in my game, there are entire chunks of gameplay missing that I supplement with gameplay from other packs…

They really should have announced refreshes to show that they are going to do something to make the Sims 4 better. There ARE things they CAN do to improve things WITHIN the limits of the game.

Also, occult gameplay doesn’t start until the teen life stage… I probably won’t be using babies just like I skip over the toddler and child life stages…

The only thing… THE only thing that caught my interest was the boat house looking thing… AND there’s a very good chance that a pack with them WILL EXCLUDE gameplay that really should be in ISLAND LIVING.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    If it's mobile only I would pass on it.

I don't see the point of gaming on such a tiny screen.

But I do see why they'd do it. That aims to a more global audience.

If I understood her correctly, I think it means if you play mobile, PC or Console you can swap between the platforms while you are playing. Seems like they demonstrated starting a build on the PC and then picking it up on mobile and seeing it real time on both platforms.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Extremely disappointed and, for once, actually genuinely angry about something they announced.

As someone that actively plays using merfolk in my game, there are entire chunks of gameplay missing that I supplement with gameplay from other packs…
    ... WILL EXCLUDE gameplay that really should be in ISLAND LIVING.

I'm jumping around the 31 minute replay of the behind the sims summit stream event, so I didn't catch everything from the livestream yesterday -- did they share details about the new EPs in the livestream?

edited October 2022
    troshalom wrote: »

... WILL EXCLUDE gameplay that really should be in ISLAND LIVING.

I'm jumping around the 31 minute replay of the behind the sims summit stream event, so I didn't catch everything from the livestream yesterday -- did they share details about the new EPs in the livestream?

@troshalom I was mistaken. It’s worse than I thought.

The boat was at the end of the segment for the Sims Freeplay… So the most interesting and relevant part of that video was also misleading…

You can see it at 22:22 of the video.

Also, YouTube has the video broken into segments with each segment labeled with what it is about. The segments are as follows:

Countdown
    Intro with Host Phoebe Robinson
    The Sims 4 News with Phil Ring
    Early Concepts for the Sims 4
    Kelsey on the Street
    The Sims 4 x Overwolf
    The Sims VP & GM Welcome
    22 Years of the Sims
    Head of the brand introduces the Plumbob
    Anitra’s Behind the Sims
    Dance Break
    The Sims Freeplay News
    The Sims Mobile News
    The Simmers Make the Sims (This section completely excludes everyone in the forums and features YouTubers that I would love to stop seeing videos from)
    The Next Iteration of the Sims
    Early Concepts of Project Rene
    Closing and Infants Tease

And yeah, nothing about the Sims 4 News starting at 7:23 offered anything I felt was reassuring.
    edited October 2022
    And yes, there are a number of YouTubers that I have specifically blocked and constantly struggle to remove from my feed because their thumbnails are clickbait trash and constantly and actively tear down the Sims 4 as a bad game!
    Some of these YouTubers featured in the video have also been fueling speculation for the Sims 5, and now, my frustration with them has grown intolerable. I partly blame them for Project Rene and how that has ruined my experience with the Sims.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    And yes, there are a number of YouTubers that I have specifically blocked and constantly struggle to remove from my feed because their thumbnails are clickbait trash and constantly and actively tear down the Sims 4 as a bad game!

I would say it's their opinion to think Sims 4 is a bad game. Just like it's someone else's opinion to enjoy Sims 4.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464