Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does anyone feel about project rene

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
I wonder how people feel about project rene.I like it so far.I like that it has a single mode and there looking to bring back the corlor wheel.I am glad it looks a bit more realistic.

Comments

• AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member

Love it! 💙 I’m also sooo pleased to know for sure now that TS4 isn’t just going to stop any time soon - We can plan ahead now, knowing where we’re going so to speak ^^

It feels more like we’re finally communicating - which is a nice feeling. I think we may have a really fun TS4-& TS5-journey ahead of us! ^^

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2022
    Positives:
    Single player will be available.
    The fact that they announced that they are working on it.
    Apartments (probably, it said "apartment selection" on the screen in the video)
    More detailed items (we could see smaller decorative items on things like tables and sofas)
    Items look less clunky and can be placed closer to each other.
    Easier to rotate and place items.
    Ability to add additional decorative items to build/buy items.
    Create a style with swatches and color wheel.
    Variants of build/buy items (a bed was able to switch between a single bed and a double bed)
    The style looked a bit more realistic (although it was difficult to tell)

Negatives:
    Cross platform with mobile, I hope that this will not mean that there will be limitations with the engine and this will be a downgrade from the sims4. I don't like loading screens and rabbit holes.
    Online functionality, will take up a lot of development time for a feature that I will probably never use.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I'm still confused about the "multi-player" part. Is it going to be for actually playing the game or just creating/designing in a collaboration style for lots, venues, rooms, etc? I re-watched that part of the stream 3x and I'm still not sure.

I mean I saw where there were other people in that room, because you could see their names whenever they were mousing around and doing stuff in the room. I also saw a number in the upper left corner (maybe to indicate either how many other players are on that lot or maybe how many people are on your friend's list). I also noticed a green dot on the avatar in that same area of the UI, which typically indicates if you are online).
    fh2wAq2.png

And, I saw where you could save your creation either for only yourself or share with anybody on "Maxis Lab" it said, which I'm sure will not be the name but more like what the gallery is. It also said that a copy of the creation (in the example they showed, it was a room) would also be saved in the catalog and in the player's library.

But what I'm most confused about is if it's going to be more a private online thing and not an actual MMO because I also heard her say something about "You can choose to play or create by yourself or with your closest friends regardless of what platform they're on".

All in all, I personally am super excited about the next iteration being "officially announced". And I'm even MORE excited for the return of the color-wheel and some sort of scaled down CASt option. And ridiculously excited for the ability to choose different aspects of the objects (headboard, footboard, sheets, etc) freely being able to place items and to rotate them on any axis, etc.

And if they give us the ability to edit/modify the world as we want (without all of the fake buildings and useless real estate space) along with the ability to create our own apartments (in any world we chose) ..... I will be 1st of the line buyer.

Plus if this is the art style they're going with, I'm ok with it. It's a little more realistic (more details on items) not quite so cartoonish, and much less fisher price doll-house clunky and chunky.

Overall, I'm pleased!!

But, I will add ...... if it's an MMO, where complete strangers are roaming around anywhere and everywhere causing havoc here, there, and yonder, you can definitely count me out! I played Second Life for over 9 years, been there ... done that! Not doing it again.

Private areas where you have to invite other people to visit if you choose I'm ok with. Because I don't have any online friends (or RL friends who play this game) so that would be perfectly fine with me since it would be irrelevant to me personally.

And another thing ...... If the "solo play" is dummied down so much to be able to accommodate this cross-platform ability (not sure how a phone will be able to handle a "real game") and it turns out to be TS4.2 .... I also won't shell out money for this game because if I was ok with limitations and non-depth gameplay, I would stick with TS4.
  • jellybelly_3jellybelly_3 Posts: 75 Member
    I honestly think they are piggybacking off Paralives... I'm still looking forward to it tho!
  • EmotionalVillainEmotionalVillain Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm really excited to see some old features coming back like the color wheel. Gives me hope that they might bring back the open world.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It makes me want to cry for the old games. `
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Why? 🤔 We only saw a five minute presentation yesterday.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

Why not? Why can't I? What is different this time?
    I read "cross platforms" and I remember how TS4 started.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member

Why not? Why can't I? What is different this time?
    I read "cross platforms" and I remember how TS4 started.

Of course you can. 🙂 I just wanted to know why. And now I do.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    I really liked what I saw but personally I play sims less to build and more to make sims and explore the worlds and have stories and things. So this wasn’t my trailer but I do think it was good.

For me, what they showed is complete overkill because I’m just gonna put down a couch and change it’s color (the wheel is great!!!!) but i’m not going to position each individual pillow.

But I think build and decorate is a huge part of the sims and there’s tons of people that want this level of detail so I think it’s great. It looked as good as anything I’ve seen before and I think people interested in home decorating and things will love it, it looks like a powerful tool almost.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited October 2022
    so far
    no thank you
    no thank you
    and also
    no thank you.

then again idk maybe thats exactly what I need to happen with ts5

maybe I just need to be free to not like it at all

it would be more heartbreaking if it was like full no thank you except then there was absolutely gorgeous and stunning dragons in it so i would end up playing it anyway while disliking 99% of the game and being grumpy all the time

like i would rather it falls into that sims mobile/freeplay category of i couldn't care less it barely exists to me

anyway this is about the time we should really focus on what ts4 still needs to be playable and fun even after they ditch it for project I don't care
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited October 2022
    I already felt indifferent for TS5. So far it sounds like a deeper fall into the social pit of mobile games. You'd think they would showcase the sims instead of a decor simulator, which is fine because it's part of the game. But The Sims should be the main focus.

ETA: but then again I feel like TS4 has slowly turned into a social platform simulator. I have stopped buying content so future games won't be any different.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hard to tell the build mode options look great being able to choose color patterns and other details of items takes away all the limitations of Sims 4 extremely limited swatch catalog but it's also going to be on mobile that part sounds horrible how limited is this game going to be. The game is in early development so I won't judge to hard of how low quality everything looks now but that could be the curse of mobile.

The deal breaker for me still remains will I be able to edit worlds will cars be a thing and will the game have all life stages I see no reason to jump to any other game without these things Sims 4 at least has all life stages besides preteen once the patch comes next year.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    I really liked what I saw but personally I play sims less to build and more to make sims and explore the worlds and have stories and things. So this wasn’t my trailer but I do think it was good.

For me, what they showed is complete overkill because I’m just gonna put down a couch and change it’s color (the wheel is great!!!!) but i’m not going to position each individual pillow.

But I think build and decorate is a huge part of the sims and there’s tons of people that want this level of detail so I think it’s great. It looked as good as anything I’ve seen before and I think people interested in home decorating and things will love it, it looks like a powerful tool almost.

^^ I’m also super into storytelling and creating interesting sim-personalities (much more than I like to build houses) and what I was reading into these first few glimpses of TS5 was that we’ll finally getting the user-friendly tools that’s been lacking for so long now. 😃 Build-wise, CAS-wise and hopefully also gameplay-wise!

The Sims themselves must of course always be the main-focus here so hopefully they’re already working on this matter and will be ready to share more details on the sim-development/gameplay plans in future live streams.

• TheSims5_WorldTheSims5_World Posts: 1 New Member
    I am already in love with it!

I needed an exciting fresh new game in this franchise and this looks very promising. The technology is SO good, I believe it is Unreal Engine 5, which offers so many more possibilities than ever before.

The thing about The Sims is that the base game matters the most. I love that they're willing to share the development process with us. It comes across as them trusting us, which in turn should cause more people to trust them.

First time on the forums, I finally have a reason to be here and I'm looking forward to sharing this lovely journey with you all. :smiley:
    I am already in love with it!

I needed an exciting fresh new game in this franchise and this looks very promising. The technology is SO good, I believe it is Unreal Engine 5, which offers so many more possibilities than ever before.

The thing about The Sims is that the base game matters the most. I love that they're willing to share the development process with us. It comes across as them trusting us, which in turn should cause more people to trust them.

First time on the forums, I finally have a reason to be here and I'm looking forward to sharing this lovely journey with you all. :smiley:

Welcome to the forums! ^^ I also think following this project will be so much fun 💙
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited October 2022
    I was neutral about the Sims 4 and hopeful that they would do right by their customers and refresh the packs that were incomplete and revisit old packs after learning from their mistakes.

Now, I absolutely hate the sims and will be uninstalling the Sims 4 until I’m given a reason to reinstall it.

As long as the Sims 4 is as it is… I will never buy the Sims 5…

As long as the Sims 4 isn’t worth playing, the Sims 5 isn’t worth buying.
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
    I will NOT buy a new game to get what I expected at the minimum for Island Living and other Sims 4 packs.

They put themselves in a situation where they NEED to really go out of their way to improve my opinion of the Franchise before I spend anymore time AND money on it.
    I’ve already deleted the Sims 4 from my PS4. Their focus right now to restore my trust in them NEEDS to be giving me a reason to reinstall the game…

They could START by refreshing Island Living with the minimum I expected when I bought it… and, that’s only the beginning of what it would take to change my mind AFTER announcing the potential development of the Sims 5.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    How do I feel about it? Well, it's extremely early in development. It looks promising for sure but there's not really much to go off of since all we saw are a few furniture items. I'm very very very worried about EA mucking around with monetization, I really hope there isn't any nasty catch that makes the Sims 4 seem very tame in comparison.

Cross platform with mobile just sounds like unnecessary development to me. I won't be using my phone to play The Sims 5 because I'll be mod heavy anyway.

An officially integrated S4MP-like multiplayer is really good though. I'm looking forward to that provided there are no nasty caveats such as online-only.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    I'm excited and hopeful. I'm so happy they're bringing back CaSt! It was my favorite feature in TS3. I'm hoping they bring back open worlds too. *crosses fingers*
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited October 2022
    The mobile part makes me scared I don't want sims five to be like sims mobile.
    I really hope sims five is good.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Pretty much nothing that was announced is something that appeals to me.

I don’t care about multi-player. I’m never playing the sims with someone else. I use the sims as my alone time.

The cross system does not seem promising to me. If anything I’m afraid it will mean it’s going to be even more limited than sims 4 is by being able to play on every device.

I don’t care about build mode. It’s where I spend the least amount of time. So the upgrades personally don’t excite me. Not a negative just not Something I’d buy the game for.

I hate the art style. Looks too realistic, alpha-ish. This will be the dealbreaker in the end. I didn’t buy the sims 3 because I hated the graphics(bought after the sims 4 came out). Hopefully they go a different direction in the end.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited October 2022
    the thing I dislike most about mobile games is that they're mobile
    so like there really isn't that separation of ''I am going to stop playing here''
    and simultaneously I really shouldn't be walking under bus building sim houses on the go
    and getting weary trying to spin my sims lives while i got like my own life to live

''but I'll just game a little while waiting for x'' never happens
    its always tapping things when you really should be paying attention to something else

''but just don't play on phone'' then why do we need phone version i ask humbly

conspiracy theory: phone addicted sims in sims 4 are playing rene
    this is what future will look like with rene
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    The mobile part makes me scared I don't want sims five to be like sims mobile.
    I really hope sims five is good.

Why I don't like the idea cross platform.The game is still not being design as a mobile game, but a PC one.