Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So we know babies are coming but what items!?!?

Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
edited October 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Babies are coming!!!!!
Ideas for items
1. Strollers because the Sims like to walk why not go for a stroll around the neighborhood or park like in Sims 3 I think it would be nice seeing neighbors walk around with strollers with little ones. (Different varieties of strollers like the normal, the jogging stroller with the 3 wheels and double strollers for the baby and toddlers.)
2. Changing Table (toddlers still have accidents.) But it would used less frequent.
3. Swings
4. Lullaby for sleep.
5. Walker
6. More Cribs
7. Baby toys like a rattle
8. Pacifier
9. Daycare
10. Mommy and Me classes/club.
Anymore ideas please share.

Comments

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    You can clearly see a playpen where the baby is going, which I'm excited about.
    I hope toddlers can also use it, because the way I used to do it no longer works.
    OZHXaH9l.png

Please let me put the gremlins in their containment chamber, Eaxis.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    You can clearly see a playpen where the baby is going, which I'm excited about.
    I hope toddlers can also use it, because the way I used to do it no longer works.
    OZHXaH9l.png

Please let me put the gremlins in their containment chamber, Eaxis.

Of course I love the play pen I was thinking can toddler go but they might climb out lol.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Unique interactions between babies and toddlers would just be about the most adorable thing ever.
    A1hnP0t.png
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Unique interactions between babies and toddlers would just be about the most adorable thing ever.
    Ray_Trace wrote: »

Right?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    1. See their needs so I can cheat them and go on with my day.

That's it. That's all I need.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Omg can you imagine a double stroller? Perfect for twins! I feel like my motherly senses are tingling and I'm not a mom 😂 I saw a (possibly real) back carrier but I wonder if they have the front carrier as well. Brings back memories of me and my sister carrying our dolls in carriers as kids 😆 we literally had this whole extensive set up.
    For sim babies we need proper cribs and baby bathtubs! Would like to use the sink as well. I hope toddlers can use most of the baby stuff as well.
    I hope sims can sit with the baby on their lap and rock it in the rocking chair as well.
    I would like to warm the baby bottle.

I think you already listed all of the basics. I can't imagine a baby would need many more objects than that. Most excited about carriers and strollers and crawling sims lol.

I also wonder if sim babies will be playable like toddlers. Sure hope so but if even if we can't it would still be nice to do more with them.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Omg can you imagine a double stroller? Perfect for twins! I feel like my motherly senses are tingling and I'm not a mom 😂 I saw a (possibly real) back carrier but I wonder if they have the front carrier as well. Brings back memories of me and my sister carrying our dolls in carriers as kids 😆 we literally had this whole extensive set up.
    For sim babies we need proper cribs and baby bathtubs! Would like to use the sink as well. I hope toddlers can use most of the baby stuff as well.
    I hope sims can sit with the baby on their lap and rock it in the rocking chair as well.
    I would like to warm the baby bottle.

I think you already listed all of the basics. I can't imagine a baby would need many more objects than that. Most excited about carriers and strollers and crawling sims lol.

I also wonder if sim babies will be playable like toddlers. Sure hope so but if even if we can't it would still be nice to do more with them.

Right twins I forgot about a baby bath tub with like a little sponge washing them.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited October 2022
    Not suggesting dlc objects since I'm not investing more money in this game. However I would love if the patch added the ability to invite relatives/friends to babysit babies, toddlers and children (even though they can stay home alone). Been wanting this forever.
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    Not suggesting dlc objects since I'm not investing more money in this game. However I would love if the patch added the ability to invite relatives/friends to babysit babies, toddlers and children (even though they can stay home alone). Been wanting this forever.

I was going to suggest babysitting but then idk because we have the nanny.
  • JustinPhoenixDLCJustinPhoenixDLC Posts: 42 Member
    A playpen would be cool, but also maybe some child-gate fence types. Maybe like what you'd use to block the stairs irl.
    Please bring disabilities to the Sims 4!
    Gallery ID: JusGaminDLC | YouTube Channel
    A playpen would be cool, but also maybe some child-gate fence types. Maybe like what you'd use to block the stairs irl.

Dude yes for like babies and toddlers but also some toddlers can climb over so you have to get more handy to be child proof lol.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited October 2022
    I really wish they added strollers and carriers for baby/toddler so my sims can take their babies to the MOTHE- I mean nice walks

and obviously possibility to carry the babes everywhere

and as always I still wish occult babies and toddlers and kids were more occult

and yeah changing tables n baby toy things n such sure

I wish we get cribs too and it would be nice to have that classic baby jail most people have in reality
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    I'm so happy about babies! I would love a functional baby monitor like they had in Sims 3 Store.

Here's a video of it. I remember finding this object useful when I played Sims 3.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xf8jFDvFBIs
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
    Rococo1256 wrote: »
    I'm so happy about babies! I would love a functional baby monitor like they had in Sims 3 Store.

Here's a video of it. I remember finding this object useful when I played Sims 3.

That looks cute.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    It looks for sure like we're getting playpens. I hope for rocking chairs for nursing and a changing table. Also toys that the baby can play with on the floor.

The concept art shows the baby in a backpack, so maybe we won't get strollers. I hope so though, because we need a way to transport twins and triplets.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Rococo1256 wrote: »

That looks cute.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I wish they would improve the nanny to be either live-in or for the shorter time they come now.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Here are screenshots from the livestream it looks like a new deco toy basket.
    dhb1CMT.png

Possibly a playpen, again a deco basket, it looks like a new lamp (w/blue shade) in the background and another toy basket on the floor in the background.
    KKyNVGI.png

In the concept art for the 2 EPs it looks like in the pic on the right that we may get one of those backpack infant carriers and that kids are going to be able to ride bicycles.
    42NOSYc.png
    kzp8G33.jpg

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @Briana2425 how about the sims mom calling grandma to help around the house with the new born sim baby or just to babysit if the sims mom needs to go shopping or if she needs some time to her self at the local spa in the sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Not trying to be THAT gal, but... are we sure that just wasn't an improved toddler?
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    MadIris wrote: »
    Not trying to be THAT gal, but... are we sure that just wasn't an improved toddler?

On the Sims Summit they referred to it as an infant, and the adult Sim referred to it as a nooboo.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    lunaoddity wrote: »

I was going to suggest babysitting but then idk because we have the nanny.

This is a feature from The Sims 2 Apartments. Babysitting services wouldn't be affected.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    It looks for sure like we're getting playpens. I hope for rocking chairs for nursing and a changing table. Also toys that the baby can play with on the floor.

The concept art shows the baby in a backpack, so maybe we won't get strollers. I hope so though, because we need a way to transport twins and triplets.

I wondered if we don't get strollers if it's because of routing issues. I love my bikes but can you imagine strollers behaving like bikes?😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • flaminganakinflaminganakin Posts: 36 Member
    As far as B/B objects:
    • new cribs
    • stroller (+double stroller for twins)
    • baby monitor (like the one from TS3 store)
    • playpen
    • infant washtub
    • changing table
    • rattles and pacifiers

For gameplay
    • interactions between toddlers and babies
    • a "Hold Baby Sibling*/*Ask to Hold Baby Sibling* option for kids (where the parent has the kid sit down and hold the baby in their lap)
    • just more kid/toddler + baby interactions in general
    @Briana2425 how about the sims mom calling grandma to help around the house with the new born sim baby or just to babysit if the sims mom needs to go shopping or if she needs some time to her self at the local spa in the sims

I do that now with blossom Greensburg and her son I moved her in with him and his wife and child I gave her, her own little space now adding the new babies it would be great.