Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims3 web page no longer viable?

I am probably behind times as I haven't spent much time with 3 for quite awhile.
Noticed when I went to page that I could no long login to get to My Page.

Is it gone now or is this just a glitch? Happily I have all my store items on a stick but I wanted to check out other stuff as well.
"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    Sometimes I can log in and other times I can't. Or it takes me several tries to log in but it either keeps going back to the log in page, a bad gateway or I get Liam'ed before it actually logs me in.

Maybe @EA_Cade can have someone look in on it or explain why we're getting that.

I'm just wondering if it has anything to do with the new EA app that will be taking over Origin at the end of the year.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    Thanks for responding @lisasc360 I'll try again tomorrow as well.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    It works for me. :)
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,310 EA Community Manager
    Heya!

I'm not aware of anything going on with the Sims3 site and I'm not having any issues myself. I'll flag this for looking into, thanks!
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 180 Member
    I'm having problems logging into the Sims 3 site and so are several of my friends. It started around two weeks ago.

bears.gif
    Dec3338 wrote: »
    I'm having problems logging into the Sims 3 site and so are several of my friends. It started around two weeks ago.

What exactly is happening when you attempt to login? Any info you can provide would be helpful :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    Thank you @EA_Cade... :)

I suppose I should say that I use Google to browser the web with. But I went into Microsoft Edge and it logged me in just fine if this will help others having this same issue... :)
    Interesting. I'll add that to the ticket. Thanks!
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Interesting. I'll add that to the ticket. Thanks!

You're welcome @EA_Cade... :)
    edited October 2022
    At first we were getting a 502 Bad Gateway code and now when I log in it goes to the sims 3 home page but at this point I am still not logged in so I do a log in from that page and it does like a refresh on the page but doesn't log in.

bears.gif
    Dec3338 wrote: »
    At first we were getting a 502 Bad Gateway code and now when I log in it goes to the sims 3 home page but at this point I am still not logged in so I do a log in from that page and it does like a refresh on the page but doesn't log in.

Thanks, and this happens on multiple browsers? Could you tell me which browsers this is happening on?
    FireFox

bears.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
    edited October 2022
    I just logged in on Firefox. No problem.

ETA: I'm on my mobile phone.

ETA: Oops. I was on chrome. Firefox gives me a 502 bad gateway.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited October 2022
    Firefox has always had a problem with Sims 3 (I'm presuming this is the store that we're referring to?) Some pages are inaccessible such as the CAW page. I was getting this when I went in with Firefox. whatsgoingonwithsims3store.jpg Finally got through thanks to MS Edge.

But others may not have that option to do so as they may not have Edge on their computers or are willing to take the risk (considering Edge isn't rated as one of the safest web-browsers). Accessibility needs to be fixed on Firefox to the Sims 3 Store site.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    edited October 2022

@EA_Cade Happened on MSEdge but was able to use Chrome with no problem

UPdate: It is now working again on Edge. Guess its going to be one of those on again off again things. Thanks for looking into it for us.
    Post edited by Bluegayle on
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    It's working now on Google for me @EA_Cade... :)

Thanks for having someone look in on the issues... :)
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    For what it's worth, just went to the site now on Firefox on my desktop and it is working fine. Specifically checked the Create-a-World page that shows an error on @Nikkei_Simmer 's end and it doesn't show such an error for me. Went to multiple pages and never encountered any errors.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Guess it picks n' chooses it's errors on who will react the most negatively, I guess. @Emily4331. I'd probably throw a brickbat through that site. :neutral:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Okay @EA_Cade, I'm having the same issues again with not being able to log into the Sims 3 site as it just keeps going back to the sign in page on Google and I am now getting the Bad Gateway on MS Edge now. Thanks in advance... :)
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    On Chrome with no extensions, I was able to login and download Store content just fine. However, when clicking download in purchase history, 1/3 of the time, the launcher said that I did not own the content that I was trying to download. Reclicking the download button again fixed these issues. This is with every time I clicked download btw so it took me a long time to redownload everything.

Also, while browsing Store content (like page of an object or set), the site would randomly throw up an error saying the site is under maintenance but refreshing the page made the page work just fine.

So, from my end, while the website itself still eventually works, it overall seems like it is not stable at all.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • killerpoetkillerpoet Posts: 238 Member
    edited October 2022
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Heya!

I'm not aware of anything going on with the Sims3 site and I'm not having any issues myself. I'll flag this for looking into, thanks!

I've been having issues with the site not letting me log in for weeks now and been in contact with the EA help who is no help at all they don't seem to be very knowledgeable about the Sims 3 game at all let alone our My Pages or the site itself they have no clue what I'm talking about. I go to the site and try to log in and it doesn't log me in it just goes back to the main page leaving me logged out. I try to go to my purchase history and it doesn't load my purchase history instead tosses me back to the main page still not logged in. I go to the exchange and into my studio and it tells me to log in to interact with Myself and then I try to log in again and it tosses me back to the main page. Every once in awhile throwing out a Bad Gateway 502 error which comes out a lot. On the rare occassion it does let me log in and go to my wall in the middle of reading comments and stuff it logs me out again and sets me right back into the endless loop of not letting me log in and going back to the main page not logged in or bad gateway 502 or site under maintenance. I cleared all caches uninstalled and reinstalled origin as the nonhelpful Help support told me to and still nothing works I tried logging in with Google, Edge, IE and that is all the browsers I have and nothing lets me log in all the time. Once in 40 tries it will let me on my page but then log me out again after 15 mins and back to the endless loop of not being able to get to my wall or purchases let alone download them since it tells me the item I'm trying to download I don't own even though I was trying to download it from my purchase history page.
    *October 17 .. 3 days later the site is still going into an endless loop of not letting anyone log in just dropping to the main page I hope someone is going to fix the site soon.
    Post edited by killerpoet on
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I have another problem in connexion to the store. Each time I buy a new computer, I have to re-download all my stuff. And as I own the store, it takes forever. I have everything on a hard-disc, but when I copy from that, the launcher says it can't install...
    NymlADp.jpg