Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit Watch Party and Giveaway

Comments

• CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    @CarpeNocheSims They literally showed video of freed babies at the end of the stream. No jumping required.

sigh

Did they SAY freed babies or did they say adding newborns?

Never jump to conclusions when companies are notorious for double speak. Guess we will find out next year, won't we?
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I love the way the babies look so far - also they showed a sim carry a baby on their back in one of the world sneak peaks - and they showed a possible play pen in the stream - so far everything looks awesome! I can't wait!
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    ROFL....

Peacemaker posted this gif on his twitter and I roared with laughter, so I just have to share it with you guys.

I don't have twitter, so here's just the gif:

CuL2Vyn.gif

Too perfect! :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    @CarpeNocheSims They literally showed video of freed babies at the end of the stream. No jumping required.

sigh

Never jump to conclusions when companies are notorious for double speak. Guess we will find out next year, won't we?

We already have newborns. I don't know if we will be able to carry those with us, but it will definitely be possible to carry the new older baby they showed.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2022
    It seems project RENE could be released in 3 years.

It reminds me the early concept of TS4 in 2012.
    I see what look likes a toddler on a bike in the concept art for the new expansion👀

Did you also notice the mom carrying a baby on her back in a carrier next to the toddler on the bike? :*

Omg lemme go look again! Wanted baby carriers since forever 😱😱😱

I'm pretty sure it's a baby in a carrier.... and surely they wouldn't show us anything in the concept art that doesn't exist for the pack, right?

:o
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

sigh

We already have newborns. I don't know if we will be able to carry those with us, but it will definitely be possible to carry the new older baby they showed.

See! That's why I made the comment that I made about not jumping to conclusions. The "babies" they showed looked older than what are in the bassinets now. So, it's confusing. I just have a feeling that it's a new life stage entirely. I'm ok with that because I play single sims. I'm not sure it's what others are wanting though.

I loved TS3 babies and I think it's what those who want freed babies are looking for? I kept them babies forever because it was fun walking them in strollers and stuff.
  • BoujieSimmerBoujieSimmer Posts: 50 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

sigh

I’m hoping they just change the current “babies” life stage to “newborns” and not delete them.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I'm hoping when they fix the baby....I'm hoping we can rock them to sleep
    They announced 2 EP in 2023, they could be the last ones.

Same as when they announced the TS3 line-up for 2013.
  • LeccaLecca Posts: 125 Member
    edited October 2022
    It mentions “infants” on the summit page Cade shared. That seems like a new life stage to me.

“ We’re also excited to share that infants will be arriving in early 2023!”
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    If they can do that, then please give us pre-teens or something in-between child and 16-18 year old teens.
    Unrelated to the babies announcement, but I've been needing that too, especially after playing several games that have that young teen stage. There is a gap in the middle of the sims 4 life cycle.

Examples: Growing Up (toddler, kid, teen, older teen, adult), and I Was a Teenage Exocolonist (age 10-13, 14-16, 17-19)
    7sCxrBwl.jpg
    hRFB5XHl.jpg
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I would imagine that the "babies" are new lifestates maybe because they were afraid it might mess with simmer's current saves. This way the next age up would be the "infant that crawls on the floor".

I'm super happy about that! I don't care about babies in the bassinet, they're boring. Just like in RL, but once they start exploring their world and sitting up, crawling, trying to stand, that's when it gets fun.

And toddlers are my very favorite age in RL, I love babies who are around 18 months - 3 year old.

sigh

I'd be very surprised if this isn't a complete overhaul of the babies - meaning a new lifestage and the object babies go bye bye. Very surprised.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm guessing the moving babies will be a lifestage, removing the fixed babies sounds like it would mess with people's saves.

I'm really starting to wonder what they are planning with Project Rene and having the game running on mobile, because the thing is that the video showed more that they were connected to a game running on a PC. I do wonder if they will be making different versions that will be able to connect with each other.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited October 2022
    I kind of wish that they had waited to announce The Sims 5 a bit closer to its release, but only because it looks so amazing that I don't want to wait! Lol. I'm excited about the babies overhaul & the expansion packs, though!
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2022
    Decided to watch the summary version of this because I only care about Sims 4 PC news. So, I watched James Turner's video which summarized the important stuff.

Super excited for the baby update which is coming early 2023. Looking forward to the expansion packs. Plus, children will finally be able to ride bikes since that was in one of the images for the new worlds. Also, the mom was carrying her baby on her back; hoping this and much more is included with the baby update. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wydyIjD8mPc

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    logion wrote: »
    I'm guessing the moving babies will be a lifestage, removing the fixed babies sounds like it would mess with people's saves.

I'm really starting to wonder what they are planning with Project Rene and having the game running on mobile, because the thing is that the video showed more that they were connected to a game running on a PC. I do wonder if they will be making different versions that will be able to connect with each other.
    Good point - not sure how they would solve the save problem. Maybe I'm wrong then about object babies being gone. We'll see I guess.

Allons-y!

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited October 2022

I feel the stream was concise and entertaining. For me it has been enlightening: Sims 4 is not going anywhere.

It will be interesting to see, for the first time, the development of a sims game.

I'm a vanilla player, so I'm not interested in mods/cc related stuff.

I enjoyed the collage made with all the sims series, oh the nostalgia! but what I liked the most was seeing my beloved occults included there: maybe in 3 years (lol) I will be playing a new lifestage (I hope it will be of the same quality as vampires and werewolves).

I hope that the 2023 EPs will be a good quality product. The last EP I bought was Snowy Escape :p

I'm neutral about those babies... but happy for family players ;)

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    I kind of wish that they had waited to announce The Sims 5 a bit closer to its release, but only because it looks so amazing that I don't want to wait! Lol. I'm excited about the babies overhaul & the expansion packs, though!

I wouldn't call that a Sims 5 Announcement.
    It's more like a don't expect Sims 5 anytime soon, announcement. They aren't even calling it Sims 5.
    Especially for new simmers going after the free base game, because there is still plenty time to buy up all those TS4 packs and kits.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    Winners of the Paranormal Stuff pack codes are:
    @jaletu2005
    @HopeyStarr
    @honeypooh1267
    Thanks for participating!
    Please message me for your codes.

One winner accepted and two declined so I'll be doing another separate giveaway for the two remaining Paranormal Stuff pack codes.
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Overwolf is similar to Nexusmods where it has mods for Sims 4 and other games. Other than that, the stream looks exciting. Project Reno looks interesting, and I do agree it looks a bit similar to Paralives. Can't wait to look forward to new expansions, new worlds, etc coming up.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    SimDork23 wrote: »

I wouldn't call that a Sims 5 Announcement.
    It's more like a don't expect Sims 5 anytime soon, announcement. They aren't even calling it Sims 5.
    Especially for new simmers going after the free base game, because there is still plenty time to buy up all those TS4 packs and kits.

I think you are right not calling it a sims 5 announcement, that will probably happen later if this will turn into the sims 5. They mostly talked here about what they are aiming for with Project Rene, who knows what the actual game will turn into.

All that I am hoping for right now is that this will not be a downgrade from the sims4 because they want this game to run (to some degree) on mobile phones.