Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit Watch Party and Giveaway

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I’m so excited that we are getting freed babies early in 2023! Thank you Sims team for making my New Year!
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    What is freed babies?
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I think freed babies mean that they would no longer be stuck to the bassinet.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I wonder how they will work! Will the bassinet babies age up into the infant or will they just start as an infant.

I thought it looked great. I hope they have fun gameplay. I enjoyed parenthood toddlers so I’m expecting to like this.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    I just got home and had my first look at the Cliff's Notes. There are some nice things coming, but I am so glad I didn't waste a vacation or personal day at work for that.

The good stuff-
    From the little I've seen about the Mod Squad I really like that idea. Clean up the Wild West show that the cc world was becoming. Freed babies is great! Sorry @mcrudd. I think it's long overdue, but they're here. That said, I'm still going to hit fast forward to the toddler stage.🤣 I'm sorry, babies are cute, but toddlers are totally adorable.

The meh-
    I don't get hyping two new worlds and EPs if they aren't coming out until next year. I mean, it will be a new year, and we already know it will include an EP or two. That's a given every year, but thanks for confirming it.🤷‍♀️ From what I've read about Overwolf and Curseforge, I'm getting some heebie-jeebies. I really hope it isn't as bad as it looks at first glance.

The bad-
    Project Rene sounds like confirmation that multiplayer will at least be an option in the next generation. I know it's supposed to a solo or collaborative venture whichever we choose. But collaborative is just code for multiplayer and it raises the temperature of my blood nearer to the boiling point. I am not a fan of multiplayer gaming and I consider The Sims being an entirely offline single player game to be sacred and untouchable. Please, I'm begging you guys, do not give any more consideration to multiplayer simming than this.🥺
  • JustinPhoenixDLCJustinPhoenixDLC Posts: 42 Member
    Freed babies means that babies would be "freed" from cribs and allowed to roam free (I'm assuming).

They showed a baby crawling on the floor, playing a little then and older sim picking it up. It will be very interesting to see how this is implemented. I'm excited for it as well as some of the other stuff planned.
    Please bring disabilities to the Sims 4!
    Gallery ID: JusGaminDLC | YouTube Channel
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    In the clip at the end of the stream you can see a playpen & in the part where they have the pics of the two future EPs you can see a mom with a baby in a back carrier.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I am doing a little happy dance here in my lounge, I love sims babies and is super happy they are free. I am not too fussed about my cc, it can only go two ways, or they are completely gone with a baby replacement life stage and then thankfully I don't have to fix near to 300 package files :o or they add a second baby life stage and my current cc stay as it is safe and sound, as long as the coding does not change again like with nifty knitting ;) Either way I am super duper happy and can't wait till next year, I do hope we get a little more information before then though ;)
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    Looks a lot like a Generations-style pack is coming. I’m pleased that people are getting enhanced babies. Not because it’s something high on my wish list but I know a lot of people have really wanted this for a long time :smile:
    I am so excited <3 I do hope we get more news before next year, but I can not wait !!! Free babies !!!! Yay Yay *doing happy dance*
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    They’re not freeing the babies now?! You monsters! We handed over the ransom money like you demanded…sorry I’ve watched too many crime dramas on TV.☺️

I’m thrilled to read your obvious joy at the news. I thought it might have created huge headaches for you.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    They look like they're going to be much better done than in previous games, I was worried "freed babies" would mean the return of object babies that'd be dumped on the floor every five seconds and wouldn't move like in 3 but these babies actually look like more of a proper life state
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Ooh, this sounds fun! You couldn't really do much with them in 3, apart from put them in the swing seat from the Store, and take them out for a stroll in the pushchair from Generations (although there wasn't much point, because you couldn't do anything with them out in public).
    @DaniRose2143 Naaaa they are either going to become none existent no fixing required or they will stay as is ;) I do wish they gave us a little more info though, so I know what to do the rest of the year, should I bother making more outfits or just leave it at what they are now, I think there is enough variety :D
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Finally! I wished the team had kept it a secret like the Toddlers surprise patch. The reaction around the forum and the trailer reveal is one of my favorite simming memories. Plus 2023 is too far away.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    Babies aren't anywhere near the top of my interests, but I am willing to give the freed babies a try. After all, if they annoy me too much, I can always just age them up.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited October 2022
    I note this announcement is 2 weeks before the Q2 2023 Earnings Conference Call on Nov. 1st.

The investors should be satisfied by René.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    edited October 2022
    Free The Babies? I'm always down for that....
  • BoujieSimmerBoujieSimmer Posts: 50 Member
    RySBI wrote: »
    Looks a lot like a Generations-style pack is coming. I’m pleased that people are getting enhanced babies. Not because it’s something high on my wish list but I know a lot of people have really wanted this for a long time :smile:

I definitely think it's a Generations pack, especially with the dentures in the glasses from earlier in the stream.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm soooo happy they we not be in the bassinet anymore! they was just objects...I want to party! B):D
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I rarely ever played with babies because they seemed pointless. Recently wanted a baby but figured there would be no point. This would add so much to babies now! I think they should keep the object baby then add this lifestate inbetween newborns and toddlers. I always wanted to see toddlers crawling so bad! 🥺🥺 I hope we get strollers, baby carriers, changing tables, bottles, pacifiers, walkers, those toy things I don't know the name of and anything else!
    I don't want a generations pack myself I just want an overall kids pack and kids/toddler dedicated content. They have been neglected for so long 😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I always go to Toddlers because the babies are objects and can't so anything with them but with this update on babies I'll not do that anymore.. I'm just hoping for more things, like Rocking your baby to sleep or stuff like that..
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I am in agreement with you all this is one of the things I have been wanting freed babies. I love it. I look forward to more news and information. Wow. 2023 is not that faraway. I hope it is a generations EP that would be fun more things for Elders too.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I really want to be excited by this, but I’m fully expecting highchairs 2.0. I’m going to need my sims to only pick them up on command.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’m excited I’m not sure if I want my sims to have babies until the update 🥹🥹 I’m so going to get attached to my sims. I have a hard time letting go and now it’ll be worse