Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Base Game Update Available

Comments

• EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,318 EA Community Manager
    Aine wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Can we finally turn off wants and fears?

@Brd709 patch notes are here.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003915/new-onboarding-ui-scaling-and-more#latest

I didn't see anything for wants and fears.

We still can't turn off wants and fears properly.

I've seen this sentiment before and I just want you to know that this has been sent up to the team. I can't assure you that it'll be changed, but they are aware of how you feel.

An even better option would be to make the feature complete and optimized so it has more wants and fears and they being less of an annoyance. Then people wouldn't want to turn them off.

No, I'd still want to turn it off. I want to tell my sims what to do, not have them tell me what to do. Just my style of play. I like the idea that the game can, in theory, support both options. I dislike that that theory turns out to be wrong without using mods to disable wants and fears... I shouldn't need a mod to use a feature that appears in a game options menu.

And as we just saw, different players want different things.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited October 2022
    Gordy wrote: »
    I don't like Emily, she has bad vibes. I'm going to kill her in my game.

I get it newbies need guidance but also I agree Emily makes me plot terrible things indeed >:) which lovely sim should she meet.... Greg, Vlad or perhaps milady Specter would like to have a word... :smirk:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003915/new-onboarding-ui-scaling-and-more#latest

I've seen this sentiment before and I just want you to know that this has been sent up to the team. I can't assure you that it'll be changed, but they are aware of how you feel.

It’s not assured a bug will changed?
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,622 Member

That is, indeed, what was said.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2022
    Phew, thank goodness we have a now have an assistant to help us navigate through this 8 year old game.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    OMG! I literally just squealed when I read about the "loyalty" trait! WooooHOoooo!

Been wanting something like that forever! Hopefully it works as well as my current mods do for this.

I'm soooo super excited for this little teeny tiny addition!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Loyal trait sounds like the exact opposite of Noncommittal, which is handy.

I also like the sound of Fated Mate being toned down so it isn't the first wolf you flirt with. Still wish only one sim had to be a werewolf for it to happen, though.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    excited for loyal trait too

but also kinda frustrates me its trait not reward trait

as i play premades they just simply can't have it unless i retrait them and I kinda don't wanna do that

oh well i guess it'll take me a while to raise new more loyal sims :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    With the Emily tutorial being added and having to connect to Gallery manually to stop it from being overloaded they are clearly expecting a large influx of new players when the game goes free. I guess they are hoping these new players will end up paying for DLC because that's the only way they're going to make any $ from this move.

I like the Loyal trait. More traits please!

I think they will get quite a lot of new players. No one can deny anything that's free and it only takes the base game to get addicted to sims. Unless of course one doesn't like this type of game all together.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I saw there was an update earlier. I was playing via the updated app. But, I ended up shutting down and decided to check it out on Origin. I will now remove my Mods folder and pray for the best. Oi!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    The update sounds nice. Love the new trait, fan and CAS stuff. Wonder what else they have for 18th.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Phew, thank goodness we have a now have an assistant to help us navigate through this 8 year old game.

You made my day :D<3
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    edited October 2022
    Happy to see Loyalty returned back into the game from the sims 3
    new.png

Am I a horrible person for wondering if the assistant and other tutorials include instructions for using the Wants and Fears toggle (that doesn't work)? :)

Yeah, I probably am.
    I love the fan so much!

Me too the fan is a really cute surprise!!
    And I still can't believe we finally got the loyalty trait. I can't wait for players to try it out since I'm still on break. 🥰

It's mainly to help new players, but there could be some tips and tricks for old players to learn as well 😉
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    edited October 2022
    Does anyone know how Emily the new Guide can be found in the Gallery? I tried searching, but so far no luck. I'd like to use her as a test sim for updates and such.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,318 EA Community Manager

That's not what I meant. I've seen a lot of players call for the Wants and Fears system to be removed both here and on Answers HQ, that is what I was referring to and what I thought we were discussing here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited October 2022

That's not what I meant. I've seen a lot of players call for the Wants and Fears system to be removed both here and on Answers HQ, that is what I was referring to and what I thought we were discussing here.

I've not really seen anyone say they want it completely gone - just that they want to be able to turn the feature off - there's a toggle for it that doesn't work atm. Personally I just want it complete and more optimized, but the toggle should work as advertised, otherwise what's the point.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I don't believe generally that the concern is the existence of Wants and Fears (though i am sure some feel that way) but rather the enduring inability to disable the feature via the toggle button.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    i'm just curious as I can turn off my wants and fears and it stays off? However i prefer it on.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited October 2022
    The wants and fears feature is very bare atm, and that's why it's so 'bad' when you play the game. So few wants and even fewer fears. That's why especially the fears are getting so annoying, because they repeat too much and too often. if we had more wants and fears connected to ALL the packs, then I'm sure 90% of the issues would disappear. There should be some logic to how and when they're applied. Traits and experiences of sims should be counted towards the fears you get. And when you've conquered a fear, it shouldn't come back easily, if at all. @EA_Cade
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2022
    Wants and Fears are repetitive, unbalanced and can't be turned off. Their addition combined with the latest expansion being full of rabbit holes got me to stop playing the game.

I appreciate the team taking feedback and also that we are getting these bug fixes, but I need to see some actual changes, improvements to these wants and fears, and development being put into game play.