Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 and the new EA Desktop app..

Downloaded and installed the new EA Desktop app as prompted, but it refuses to load my Sms 3 game. I get as far as the splash screen, then it promptly exits to the desktop. Non of the usual solutions made any difference, so I had to uninstall the EA Desktop thingy and reinstall Origin, and my Sims 3 game load just fine. Anyone else having this issue?
I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife

Comments

• GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    I started a thread over at EA. If someone have the same problems, you can add to it... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/The-new-EA-Desktop-App-refuses-to-load-my-Sims-3-game/td-p/11923514
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    I was able to download Sims3 for the most part on new app. Some things wouldn't so I reinstalled Origin and dl from there. Went back to new app and game was setup fine and ran fine. However one pack is not dl "Fast stuff pack. So I sent in a report.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    It was all working fine and now it won't read any of my store content and tells me to update to the latest version of the game - it already is updated to 1.69 - I'm redownloading Origin and getting rid of this garbage app until they figure out what the heck they are doing - I should never be surprised when it comes to EA - if this doesn't work, I will uninstall and reinstall from disc only
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    It was all working fine and now it won't read any of my store content and tells me to update to the latest version of the game - it already is updated to 1.69 - I'm redownloading Origin and getting rid of this garbage app until they figure out what the heck they are doing - I should never be surprised when it comes to EA - if this doesn't work, I will uninstall and reinstall from disc only

I tried Origin again and it still didn't work. Even installed all the discs. Went back to ea app and though its not letting me dl and install some of my packs I seem to be able to install my store items from launcher. Sometimes it takes two tries. I could install the packs I am missing from my discs but am waiting out EA to hopefully fix the download error. Hopefully,.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion

Now EA removed Origin completely from their servers, so you're forced to go to a third party site to get your hands on the app. I have saved the last version of Origin app to en external HD so I always have it if I need to reinstall. I have no high hopes for EA to fix their new Desktop thingy. They never seem to fix anything that is broken.
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    Now EA removed Origin completely from their servers, so you're forced to go to a third party site to get your hands on the app. I have saved the last version of Origin app to en external HD so I always have it if I need to reinstall. I have no high hopes for EA to fix their new Desktop thingy. They never seem to fix anything that is broken.

It's not completely removed from their servers, they just redirect you to the EA App download link instead.

You can still find it here: https://dm.origin.com/download
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited October 2022
    Thanks, @Rsanda, I'm downloading Origin Thin setup and keeping it handy on my harddrive. I'm not even touching EA App until they fix it, and never, if they don't. I'll start picking up disc versions and roll back to 1.67 if I have to in order to keep playing Sims 3. I've got six of my EPs on disc...and I'll track down the others. (I was born in the year of the Dog - so like I keep telling my wife...I like digging - so I'll find them...even if it takes me the rest of my life (give or take twenty five years).
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2022
    @Rsanda Thank you for the link. I still have Origin but keep it locked in so I can play TS2 without any more hassle.

*All my TS3s games are on disk and I stayed back at 1.67 for CAW.

• indiaraynaindiarayna Posts: 3 New Member
    I’m having trouble downloading new expansion packs into my game! Everytime I click download I just get the “something went haywire” error. I’ve contacted EA twice about this and have even seen others with my problem, but there seems to be no solution right now.
    indiarayna wrote: »
    I’m having trouble downloading new expansion packs into my game! Everytime I click download I just get the “something went haywire” error. I’ve contacted EA twice about this and have even seen others with my problem, but there seems to be no solution right now.
    Have you posted a bug report over at the official EA forum? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    So I don't know if this is a problem with the ea app specifically, but it only happened about 5 days after I started using the ea app. But all of a sudden I had been signed out of my sims 3/ generally ea account. and even though I know for certain the email and password is correct because I am signed into the sims 3 store still, the forum ect.. Everytime I try to sign in it doesn't even tell me that it's wrong it just makes me put it in over and over again and never actually logs in.
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    My TS3 game starts, but I'm having a lot of problems with the EA App and store downloads. I cannot download and install any of my expansion packs and stuff packs, and store content will not install properly. The store content fails when I try to install them through the launcher, but they install through the game's download dashboard. The store stuff only works during the game session until I restart my computer, then they stop working when I reload the game. I am considering installing my expansions through my DVDs everyday as this problem goes unfixed.

When I initially installed the sims 3 onto this computer (Windows 10), the game would not start properly and crash before loading because I had set the properties of the game's exe file to be run as an administrator (I did this with my other computer and figured that this computer would need a similar setting, but it did not); that caused problems for me, so I had to uncheck the box in compatibility properties for the game's exe file to start normally. My other computer does not have the EA app, and I run the game as an administrator on that device (Windows 8) with no issues through the DVDs.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited November 2022
    I also started up Sims 3, or well..attempted to...for the first time since the EA desktop app was downloaded. - it's been a while, I have two puppies that take up much of my time! I knew the new app deleted the original Origin app, but what I didn't realize was that Sims 3 still requires the original Origin. which makes sense since the EA app doesn't show any of the worlds as purchased (even though I purchased them all when they released or soon after.

So EA has basically made Sims 3 unplayable, literally, at least for now, if what I'm understanding is correct?

I've also spent a ridiculous amount of money on Sims 3 store items. So now I'm wondering if that will even be accessible, if we can ever run the game.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Have you posted a bug report over at the official EA forum? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

This is about sims4 bugs, but this is about sims3 not working right with the ea app. Is there a separate bug report link you can give us for sims3 problems?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg

This is about sims4 bugs, but this is about sims3 not working right with the ea app. Is there a separate bug report link you can give us for sims3 problems?

I'm sorry. You will have to ask a moderator or an administrator. That site is a mystery to me, and I think that's the way it's supposed to be.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I just swapped over to Steam, since the games were on sale. Hopefully, there's no issues there.
    @GraceyManor - I'm seriously considering doing the same. I doubt they'll ever get the EA App working right and I like my game running well.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @GraceyManor - I'm seriously considering doing the same. I doubt they'll ever get the EA App working right and I like my game running well.

I'm kind of regretting it though, because the launcher is now telling me I don't own my store items.
    edited November 2022
    Did you try this? https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:Getting_store_content_to_work_with_the_Steam_version_of_The_Sims_3

...and I believe @igazor went through the same problem...in terms of being able to re-download the items from store.
    @igazor: When switching from Origin to Steam, EA Store content would need to be re-downloaded and re-installed from Purchase History on the TS3 store site. Custom content, if you have that as well, should be fine as it is.

What I did when I made this switch not long ago, after confirming that my already installed EA Store content was useless on Steam, was to pull out all of the ebc files from the DCCache Folder. These are the actual store content installs. The dbc files can stay, those are custom content. Then I was able to download and re-install all of my purchased content from scratch. It was an annoying surprise, but only took a few hours to get through it all. Others may take longer depending on their Internet connection or how much content they own.

If you already have copies of your downloaded Store content saved elsewhere, you may not need to download them all again. Or it's worth a try to re-install a few of them that way, at least, to see if it works for you.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    Also, to add another thing, Store content downloaded and installed for EA/Origin won't work for Steam version. You have to redownload and reinstall it to make it work. Same thing if you were to switch the other way around.

Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
    edited November 2022
    Rsanda wrote: »
    Also, to add another thing, Store content downloaded and installed for EA/Origin won't work for Steam version. You have to redownload and reinstall it to make it work. Same thing if you were to switch the other way around.

Yeah I know. I knew the store items wouldn't work if they were installed via Origin.
    That's why I didn't copy and paste those over. I just decided to reinstall everything.
    The problem is the thesims3.com website keeps telling me all my items do not belong to me.
    So I can't download and install them.

I also keep getting "OOPS!" messages when navigating the store.
    The launcher can find the applications, its just downloading the items from my purchase history is giving me errors.
    I finally got them all installed but it took 2 days.
    Did you try this? https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:Getting_store_content_to_work_with_the_Steam_version_of_The_Sims_3

...and I believe @igazor went through the same problem...in terms of being able to re-download the items from store.
    @igazor: When switching from Origin to Steam, EA Store content would need to be re-downloaded and re-installed from Purchase History on the TS3 store site. Custom content, if you have that as well, should be fine as it is.

What I did when I made this switch not long ago, after confirming that my already installed EA Store content was useless on Steam, was to pull out all of the ebc files from the DCCache Folder. These are the actual store content installs. The dbc files can stay, those are custom content. Then I was able to download and re-install all of my purchased content from scratch. It was an annoying surprise, but only took a few hours to get through it all. Others may take longer depending on their Internet connection or how much content they own.

If you already have copies of your downloaded Store content saved elsewhere, you may not need to download them all again. Or it's worth a try to re-install a few of them that way, at least, to see if it works for you.

I didn't have any .ebc files in my folder as I didn't copy my store items over.
    Just my saves. So I was completely reinstalling EVERYTHING. And the launcher keeps saying "Sorry you do not own this item."
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @GraceyManor - Sorry you had trouble getting your purchases to download. Glad you finally got things working. If you haven't done so already, now might be a good time to back-up all of your purchases, this way you can avoid any future issues with the store.
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @GraceyManor - Sorry you had trouble getting your purchases to download. Glad you finally got things working. If you haven't done so already, now might be a good time to back-up all of your purchases, this way you can avoid any future issues with the store.

I do have a back up but those didn't work either :(
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    I do have a back up but those didn't work either :(
    Well that just sucks!