Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adeepindigo travel mod

wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
edited October 2022 in General Mods Discussion
First off I don’t have discord so I can’t ask her questions directly. I’m not one of her patreon payers either and she won’t answer questions on Twitter so that’s why I’m coming here to see if anyone knows. Secondly, I was playing today and I have her travel mod and her health mod. My sim got invited somewhere that wasn’t her home town so they had to “fly” there. When she got there I got a notification that her plane crashed and had to be rushed to the hospital! She does but they can’t save her! She then comes back and just dies! I hadn’t saved yet so I’m glad I could still continue with the same sim. But what happened? I don’t have any of the mods installed from her that they can die from. A last exception did come up like right after so I’m wondering if it’s broken? I’m afraid to have her travel again. For those who don’t use her mod she does have options to add to game where the sim could die from an Illness etc. but I don’t add those kinds in. And Ive never had this happen before and I’ve played with this mod a lot.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    First off I don’t have discord so I can’t ask her questions directly. I’m not one of her patreon payers either and she won’t answer questions on Twitter so that’s why I’m coming here to see if anyone knows. Secondly, I was playing today and I have her travel mod and her health mod. My sim got invited somewhere that wasn’t her home town so they had to “fly” there. When she got there I got a notification that her plane crashed and had to be rushed to the hospital! She does but they can’t save her! She then comes back and just dies! I hadn’t saved yet so I’m glad I could still continue with the same sim. But what happened? I don’t have any of the mods installed from her that they can die from. A last exception did come up like right after so I’m wondering if it’s broken? I’m afraid to have her travel again. For those who don’t use her mod she does have options to add to game where the sim could die from an Illness etc. but I don’t add those kinds in. And Ive never had this happen before and I’ve played with this mod a lot.

Double check your files; it sounds like you have Medical Emergencies from Healthcare Redux installed. From the description of the file:
    Medical Emergencies - Appendicitis, Aneurysms, Car Accident, Plane Crash, Choking, Kidney Failure, and Heart Attacks are now all covered under medical emergencies.

So that's caused the plane crash and subsequent death. If you want to avoid these things, it might be an idea to remove that one. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    The deaths are caused by the Healthcare Redux but thankfully the latest versions of the mod have been set up by the creator so you can remove the features that you don't want providing it's not part of the core. You just need to remove that particular file from your mods folder.

If you like the idea of having the emergencies but don't want your sims to die there's also an optional death disabler included in the zip file when you download the mod.
  • radicallezradicallez Posts: 2 New Member
    BetterExceptions just flagged SimNation for me, and I can't get my Sims to get jobs even now that I've removed it...any ideas?
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    radicallez wrote: »
    BetterExceptions just flagged SimNation for me, and I can't get my Sims to get jobs even now that I've removed it...any ideas?

Try removing all mods and see if that solves it. If it does, you can do the 50/50 method to find the culprit.
    If BE has flagged SimNation, it might be worth making sure you've got the latest version. If you have, I definitely recommend letting adeepindigo know <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png