Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tartsoa & Create a Sim Bug

Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,060 Member
Twice today i sent my sim self and his new wife to Tartsoa for the Easter weekend. I created a new outfit for my sim self's wife in create a sim and when i come out of create a sim something causes the UI to go like this:
MDYcQN2.png

I can't click on anything or interact with any of them. I can't even get the main menu up to get out of the game and i'm forced to end the game via task manager.

Has anyone else encountered this? I have no mods in the game except the latest version of MCCC. As far as i'm aware, it dosen't happen in any other world.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited October 2022
    I have not had the same problem you have had, but I have had the Sims lock itself in a similar manner to the way you describe. I use a computer with two monitors, so I just click something in the other window, then jump back to the Sims and it seems to correct itself.

If the game's not frozen, have you tried just minimising it (Windows+D) and then clicking the taskbar to bring it back up again? The way you describe it seems like a loss of window focus. Maybe it'll work, but it sounds like a curly problem. Good luck.

I'm assuming you use Windows because you mentioned Task Manager.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,060 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    I have not had the same problem you have had, but I have had the Sims lock itself in a similar manner to the way you describe. I use a computer with two monitors, so I just click something in the other window, then jump back to the Sims and it seems to correct itself.

If the game's not frozen, have you tried just minimising it (Windows+D) and then clicking the taskbar to bring it back up again? The way you describe it seems like a loss of window focus. Maybe it'll work, but it sounds like a curly problem. Good luck.

I'm assuming you use Windows because you mentioned Task Manager.

I can minimise the window with no problems. When i click on manage worlds, the screen just goes black still with UI and all i can see are my sims thought bubbles as they walk along and nothing else.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,300 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

Closing this one down. Please use Answers HQ for in game issues and bugs.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top