Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for historic Windenburg resources

luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
I have this completely mad idea of doing a flashback for my Wyrd Girls story set in Windenburg "100 years ago".

Does anyone know of good resources... including cc, gallery lots and even households... for 1920s Windenburg?

Edit- Any other suggestions of how best to do this mad thing are also welcomed eagerly.
Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls

Comments

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    edited October 2022
    Roaring Heights was one of my favorite worlds in TS3. I played a whole Ziegfeld Follies storyline in it. A while back, some of the TS4 creators did a decades thing. Some nice 20’s cc and bb came out of it.

Windenburg being an old world setting shouldn’t need too many lot changes. It wouldn’t necessarily be all Art Deco, since it’s not a modern city. Interiors and clothing would be the crucial elements.

https://snootysims.com/wiki/sims-4/sims-4-1920s-cc-pieces-youll-absolutely-love
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited October 2022
    Here's a good site of historical finds. Mind that many of those creators that are linked to will have many more CC items. I used some of them for my "ancestors paintings", love looking back like you plan to do! Have fun!

Forgot to inclide link LOL: https://sims4historicalccfinds.tumblr.com
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    Whoa, that just hit me.... The fact that the 1920s is now 100 years ago. :o
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    @Simmerville & @cyncie, thank you both. Those links were good.

@AncientMuse, I know... I'm one of those who still thanks 2000 was last year.

Anyway, I am know having great fun creating ancestors for certain townies and remaking certain immortals in period attire.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member

In 18 years it will be the 40s again. Hopefully without the unpleasantness of the earlier set.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    @Simmerville & @cyncie, thank you both. Those links were good.

@AncientMuse, I know... I'm one of those who still thanks 2000 was last year. .

You, too? I can remember when it was the Spanish War vets riding in the cars at parades, the WW I guys could still march - if slowly, and the WW2 vets were the young guys watching with their wives and kids.

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member

In 18 years it will be the 40s again. Hopefully without the unpleasantness of the earlier set.

Here's hoping, @Oldeseadogge <3
    gen3-banner.png