March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a problem!!!

Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
Make that two problems. First one I have a dumpster and there is two wet spots on the ground with green smoke coming out of them near the dumpster. I can't get rid of it. I've never seen this before. When I tried to mop it up it said only a neat freak would mop up outside. ( something like that). And the second problem, I have a writer who won't write. He loves writing but every time i tell him to after about one minute he stops. If I change to another sim it's even faster, he just stops. Even when I stay on him I have to keep sending him back to writing. I'm getting nowhere fast with him.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Not sure about the dumpster problem but do you play with any mods? I had a similar problem with one of my sim families where whatever I asked them to do they wouldn't do it or they'd do about half and then stop. I learned one of my mods was broken (this was a while ago so I don't know which one). If you don't play with mods then I don't know. Maybe try resetting them? Or making sure automny is turned off?
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    I have some difficulty with the books on the desk. You know the two to four kinds that are bookshelves, but smaller?
    They are super distracting and kept stopping my Sims doing all kinds of things.

Another possibility from my experience is Sims that won’t actually sit to the computer by themselves. Thinks it’s MOO (move objects on) related. If I tell the Sim to SIT in the chair then I can direct them to use the computer.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Not sure about the dumpster problem but do you play with any mods? I had a similar problem with one of my sim families where whatever I asked them to do they wouldn't do it or they'd do about half and then stop. I learned one of my mods was broken (this was a while ago so I don't know which one). If you don't play with mods then I don't know. Maybe try resetting them? Or making sure automny is turned off?

I never use mods. So it's not that.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    I have some difficulty with the books on the desk. You know the two to four kinds that are bookshelves, but smaller?
    They are super distracting and kept stopping my Sims doing all kinds of things.

Another possibility from my experience is Sims that won’t actually sit to the computer by themselves. Thinks it’s MOO (move objects on) related. If I tell the Sim to SIT in the chair then I can direct them to use the computer.

I do have books on the desk. I will move them pronto. And I will try to have him sit first. Thank You I hope this works.
    Behappy1st wrote: »

I never use mods. So it's not that.

OOP's I just tried to like my own post. I was in the wrong spot.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hm, could you try creating a temporary sim with the NEAT trait, and see if that sim would be able to clean it up?

I think I had a similar green stinky thing in my game, getting the very same message, but it's very long ago and I had forgotten, so maybe it will go away eventually.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I haven't had either of these problems, but I would do a game repair and see if that fixes things. If all else fails, do a game folder reset. Just rename your current game folder, Sims 4_Olde, for instance, and then start your game. Replace the saves and Tray folder in the New folder with the ones in your Olde folder. Then try to play your game and see if this isn't all cleared up. The other thing you might try, too, is to replace the lot. Best of luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,265 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

Closing this down. Please use Answers HQ for bugs and in game issues.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top