Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**CASE CLOSED**

Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
Hey everyone! I have a serious problem with one of my game saves. Ok, little backstory. A few weeks ago, I downloaded some mods and ended up deleting them, cause they were slowing my game down. Every since then, (even when I deleted the mods) one of my favorite households will not load!!! It's soo frustrating. I have tried everything and it still says "A serious error has occurred while loading *game save name* It is strongly recommended that you restart the application."

Even when I do restart the game and try to fix it, it still doesn't work :'( I really don't want to lose my game save, it's one of my favorite families! :'(

I don't know if the mods gave it a bug or what, but I'm confused because all my other saves work except this one.

Any way I can save it or fix it??
Post edited by Simexpert123 on

Comments

• Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    That can happen when you play with some mods and then delete them. That save needs something from one or more of the mods to load.

What mods did you use?

You can probably re-install the mods, then load the save and save the individual sims in CAS. Then remove the mods and start a new save with those sims.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    I used some mods from the exchange store on sims. They are made by other sims players I think. I deleted them cause they slowed the game down and they weren't very great mods. I think they gave the game a bug or a virus. I started a new save with that family, just kind of a bummer that I can't play the original :'(
  • Options
    I used some mods from the exchange store on sims. They are made by other sims players I think. I deleted them cause they slowed the game down and they weren't very great mods. I think they gave the game a bug or a virus. I started a new save with that family, just kind of a bummer that I can't play the original :'(

At least you still have those sims. :)
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    NolaHexemNolaHexem Posts: 62 Member
    Try deleting the localthumbcache.package file in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and get back to me. It will start up slower your first time because it deletes the thumbnails cache and those have to reload, your next startup should be normal.
  • Options
    NolaHexem wrote: »
    Try deleting the localthumbcache.package file in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and get back to me. It will start up slower your first time because it deletes the thumbnails cache and those have to reload, your next startup should be normal.

This is Sims 3, though.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I think it's still the same process, but sims 3. Let me look into it.

Same as localthumb but different cache files, try: CASPartCache, ScriptCache, CompositorCache. SimCompositorCache, and SocialCache.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I also think, if all else fails, bring the mods back into the game - try to load the save again. Make multiple new saves, - save what you want to keep in the exchange etc. Repeat the process of removing the mods (which includes the entire mods folder)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! :)