Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building my own apt building

I've google'd it but not gotten a definitive answer. Is there a way to make an apartment building in worlds other than San Myusho and Evergreen Harbor without a mod?
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 431 Member
    Nope. Not one that will be recognized by the game as such, anyway.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    edited September 2022
    I tried one using the roommate feature. All the roommates got up and left without a word after a few days and it was hard to designate apartments to the housemates even though they had assigned beds, i eventually had to lock them out of my "apartment" because they kept barging in all the time.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    i mean you can create build that looks like one but it won't function like one

i have several of those fake apartments where i just have combined multiple households in one household and have them hangout in their own areas

is rather hectic though so I do prefer households with vampires as i can put them to hibernation when not playing those particular sims :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    I tried one using the roommate feature. All the roommates got up and left without a word after a few days and it was hard to designate apartments to the housemates even though they had assigned beds, i eventually had to lock them out of my "apartment" because they kept barging in all the time.

You can use the door lock feature, and lock doors to their apartment so that only they have access if you play a bunch of single sims.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited October 2022
    I wonder if we'll ever get the option to do that then. So @Brd709 did you build one house with an 'apartment' for each Sim with a full kitchen, bath, etc? Or was it more like a home with different roommates having their own room and maybe a bathroom with a communal kitchen/living/etc? @crocobaura that's a good idea. Did you try it? @Simmingal hibernation works. LOL.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I have done it in the past using door locks and small apartments, but it is hectic, as they will often try to go in each other’s apartment. And, unless they have changed it, all refrigerators have the same food. I also had a duplex once that was not too bad as a brother and his wife lived in one side and his sister and boyfriend lived in the other, and it was just rather natural that they would visit each other.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll ever get the option to do that then. So @Brd709 did you build one house with an 'apartment' for each Sim with a full kitchen, bath, etc? Or was it more like a home with different roommates having their own room and maybe a bathroom with a communal kitchen/living/etc? @crocobaura that's a good idea. Did you try it? @Simmingal hibernation works. LOL.

Locking doors works fine for single sims, but it can be a hassle to check on what every sim is doing in his apartment if laid out on different floors or spread far apart and, like SheriSim57 said, they share fridges and bills/mail and you need to stick with single sims if you want to be able to lock doors. I have a household with a sim with four roommates and they would use each other's bathrooms and such and locking doors solved that. One of them likes to cook but other than that they all come and go as they please and don't bother each other or my sim. They only seem to use the kitchen and rarely go into the common space living rooms.