Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favourite career for your sims

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,826 Member
    edited October 2022
    @GalacticGal Is that Road To Fame? I think you mentioned it once before and I keep getting sidetracked and haven’t looked into it.

Yes it is, but currently it's not fully working as designed. The creator says it won't hurt our games, but since it hasn't been updated for awhile, it will throw LEs left right and sideways.

That's not a problem. I'd be more shocked if I didn't get an LE during a session.😆

There's also a new XML Injector? is that right? thingie that one of the people on his Discord said was designed in such a way it will never need to be upgraded. We should keep it in our Mods folders. I grabbed it.

There is. It's on Scumbumbo's old site and was updated on 7-27, if anybody else needs it.

I think I had tried an earlier version of Road to Fame before. I didn't piece it together at first, but once I saw the website I instantly recognized it. I know I tried the romance and slow dance mods, but had issues. Sadly Road to Fame isn't going to work either. I installed it, and deleted thumbnailcache first. When I started playing actions kept hanging up in the queue. As soon as I pulled the mod, everything started working again.😕 It was a nice idea anyway.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    stay at home sim taking care of the family
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,625 Member
    My sims often end up as painters, writers, musicians and sometimes teachers and actors. Apart from actor, it's all wish fulfillment... I'd love to make a living with my writing, I'd love to be an artist and musician and I'd love to teach.

The other random sim career I think I enjoyed was (I think) style influencer... the one that let me define "in" clothing styles. It was a kick seeing townies in the fashions I selected. However, other than the one time, it never seems like a good fit for my characters.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    My favorite career is Scientist. I don't like social work tasks like gossiping or chatting with co-workers but I do like having access to collectibles and being able to use the equipment at the lab. I also like having my Sims visit planet Sixam. All of the Aliens generated by this career are later humanized with MCC because I don't want to see 17 adult and young adult Aliens at every social event. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing 17 new Vampires in my game. Unfortunately, my game only generates one or two Vampires that are always elder females with no skills. They get deleted.

I also like the Freelance Programmer career.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    NolaHexem wrote: »
    I really liked being a Veterinarian, I had no idea I would get so sucked into it, but I reaaallly did. I think I usually spend most of my time being a writer, even though I'm not sure that's really my favorite. I have a really bad tendency to not actually play sims fully, versus building and creating sims a stupid amount. I edited an entire base game where everything is modded. It's absolutely dumb, like who goes to non-playing characters houses and build it differently? I even edit workplaces and buildings etc, like....it really is a problem and I need help.

SO yeah....needless backstory aside, I haven't tried all of the careers yet. The end.

LOL I’m guilty of this too!
  • NolaHexemNolaHexem Posts: 62 Member
    RySBI wrote: »
    LOL I’m guilty of this too!

Haha, that's awesome. At least I'm not alone in my sims OCD

• Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Interior Designer. I love re-imagining the premade homes and venues using objects from all packs.
  • Doctor_JackDoctor_Jack Posts: 9 New Member
    While there are many cool and fun careers, I think I've enjoyed the most making my Sim a movie star. With all the glamour and fame quirks that go with it.
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    NolaHexem wrote: »
    I really liked being a Veterinarian, I had no idea I would get so sucked into it, but I reaaallly did. I think I usually spend most of my time being a writer, even though I'm not sure that's really my favorite. I have a really bad tendency to not actually play sims fully, versus building and creating sims a stupid amount. I edited an entire base game where everything is modded. It's absolutely dumb, like who goes to non-playing characters houses and build it differently? I even edit workplaces and buildings etc, like....it really is a problem and I need help.

SO yeah....needless backstory aside, I haven't tried all of the careers yet. The end.

Relatable. I always plan a game, and then find myself stuck at BB or CAS like 99% of the time. Lately i’ve started a game without using CAS or BB (as possible) and i’m mostly focus on gameplay. I created a Sim and made him a doctor, but i found this career very boring and annoying. so now i plan to create a couple, one of them will be a detective because I love crime series 😅 but i didn’t decided yet which career to choose for her girlfriend… so i’m found this thread very helpful (:
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Quite a few people are mentioning Conservationist as a fun career and it’s one I never got around to trying so I think I’m gonna give that a go next!

Running a shop is quite fun too. I like being able to set employee uniforms as well as giving my other sims access to useful items such as scented bouquets from Seasons, or potions from Realm of Magic.
  • JustinPhoenixDLCJustinPhoenixDLC Posts: 42 Member
    For some reason I always end up with one character that like "I can make a PERFECT garden!!"
    Scientist and Detective are always fun too. I actually haven't played them all because I keep getting sucked into certain ones again as others have mentioned.
    Please bring disabilities to the Sims 4!
    Gallery ID: JusGaminDLC | YouTube Channel
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    It’s a long time since I did it but I remember going through all the careers in the game a few years ago besides get to work ones and I really liked gardening. It was one of the first jobs where you could work from home or something similar like this - can’t remember the specifics but it was just much more free.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    It’s a long time since I did it but I remember going through all the careers in the game a few years ago besides get to work ones and I really liked gardening. It was one of the first jobs where you could work from home or something similar like this - can’t remember the specifics but it was just much more free.

I love that with the freelance career your sim can be pretty much anything you want them be. I have a sim who is an apiculturist. :lol:
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I've really enjoyed the educational career for my sim. Though I think I may have to try conservationist again
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I like the freelance careers best as I prefer to have the flexibility to choose when and where my sim works. I also like semi-active careers as I prefer to have the option to work from home or send my sim to work if my focus is needed elsewhere. I am hoping for a freelance musician career and a semi-active horseman career, but until then I think freelance writer is my favourite.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited October 2022
    tbh at this point I am most excited to play careers ive yet to play much of

explore something new

well, minus social media type ones I find those very bleh

and I also don't really thrive with interior designer one because the truth is I'm just not small adjustments kind of builder i want to change it all at once or change nothing and its so frustrating when you keep getting gigs for houses you do not want to change
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JustinPhoenixDLCJustinPhoenixDLC Posts: 42 Member
    edited October 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »

...I also don't really thrive with interior designer one because the truth is I'm just not small adjustments kind of builder i want to change it all at once or change nothing and its so frustrating when you keep getting gigs for houses you do not want to change

@Simmingal I totally agree, or get a gig from a lot I'm already proud of. One tip that I will do in those situations is save the room to my library (before the gig), do the gig, then go back and re-load the room to my preferences.
    Please bring disabilities to the Sims 4!
    Gallery ID: JusGaminDLC | YouTube Channel
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Writer is pretty good once you have established yourself. You keep getting a steady trickle of royalties, work minimal hours, and if you want a bit of a top-up of cash, you can just pump out a couple of books.
    As someone who has the Dine Out pack, I wish that you could hire your own Sims as the Chef in your restaurants. That would be interesting both from the perspective of that (the chef) Sim, and if you played a different Sim visiting the restaurant for something to eat.

I've only just bought the Paranormal, Dream Designer and Island living packs (build-a-bundle), so I haven't explored their relevant career paths yet.
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Doctor.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    1. Scientist
    2. Conspiracist
    3. Freelancer
    4. Self-Employed
  • mollymegan30mollymegan30 Posts: 84 Member
    i always do cook, law career and body builder!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited October 2022
    Interior Designer. I love re-imagining the premade homes and venues using objects from all packs.

I have to say, I have a scenario sim doing the Dream Home Decorator career too, and I actually have quite a bit of fun doing that too! And going to the jungle to work as an archeologist is fun too!
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Freelance Careers, painting, writing and programmer are top 3 but I'm also guilty of having a veterinarian, scientist and engineers too. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I have no specific career which I would take always. I'm try to randomize. But the most fun in a career I had was with the scientist, actors and politics. Unfortunately the actor career becomes stale with time and could need a little update with new shows and series.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2022
    When playing with a single sim I love the active careers, but if I have more than one sim I like the freelance and WFH style careers the best.

I like that you can do the assignments/gigs whenever you want within the day (or several days for gigs), so everyone can co-ordinate their schedules and still have time for activities they want to do together. They even mesh with strictly rabbithole jobs to work around the sim with the strict schedule.

Also, with preferences, you can usually pick a job they enjoy doing tasks for (or set likes to match the job) and enjoy your time working, so you don't waste time getting them in a good mood again once done for the day.

They also encourage you to visit various lots etc, so you can make it a family outing if several sims can do their tasks in one place. Like having a trip to the bar where your Mixologist can practice making drinks and your WFH Stylist can do some fashion interviews or makeovers. Once they have done their tasks you could stay and hang out at the bar for a bit... Which you might not have done if you weren't already there.