Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family related updates

LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
edited November 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So I think most of us can agree that the family gameplay is lacking. This is a list of what I would like to see, and please add your own ideas as well!
SCHOOL
better daycare: the current one, but you can send your tot any time, not just when you are out of the house. has a fee (like 40 or 50.) raises motives. and some skills depending on traits
Public school: free what we have already but your sim will get bullied when they are "the new kid" and possibly for other reasons such as traits, skills, grades, etc.
Private school low class: has a fee but just a small one and is a bit better than public, and your sim does not get bullied as much and 1 optional class (sports)
Private school medium class: has a normal fee and the kid gets bullied rarely. better than previous options. 2 optional classes (chorus and sports can do both)
Private school High class: large fee but better than previous options. can be expelled if bad and if your sim is bullied they can report the bully to the priceable. has 3 optional classes (chorus, the sport of your choosing, music/band/flag holder, etc.)
boarding school: high or medium fee. like university in that you control your sim but for kids and teens. some are girls only or boys only. teens and kids have different ones.
Summer camp: free and gains certain skills or if you don't go, you get summer off anyway, unless you had bad grades or broke school rules then it is mandatory.
Homeschool computer: free and finishes at about twelve pm then regular school. but may not work sometimes and can cause "Bad reception" moodlet or they can skip school.
homeschooled by parents: fee for the curriculum, better curriculums cost more, grows relationship and parents can pass on some skills. but may cause parents to have moodlet "What if I am not smart enough?" finishes at around eleven am
Private tutor: comes to your house. the most expensive possibility there is. only for the very rich and best ones out there.
Community colleges: requires DU and are free. also lowers the cost of a normal college. not as good as a paid collage
that finishes my list for school, on to the next one :)
KIDS
A level-based system of maturity picked by the play, it would also be in tots and teens
Immature: this sim hates chores and "ugh rules" in fact they might bend the rules just to see how far they can go before getting any major consequences. jokes and sarcasm are their world and will laugh at just about anything. whose the boss? (enter name here)'s the boss they aren't interested in grades or impressing their parents, just themselves, and maybe, having friends like them.
Medium Mature: these sims are just your average kid, they won't do a chore on their own unless it's an important day, like, a party, or something. They listen to adults. but aren't perfect and just want to live their life.
Extremely mature: These sims are the "goodie two shoes" of most gropes but they don't mind they are kinda snitches and won't touch the rules. they do lots of chores on their own, which means in some families they are the golden kid but in others, it quickly becomes "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" they can struggle to get friends and feel left out sometimes.
ELDERS
bingo and sims could bet money as well. (not only elders)
canes, wheelchairs, walkers!
RVs and golf (not only elders)
nursing homes, senior discounts, social security/pension
funerals, and graveyards (not only elders obviously)
A will to pick who gets the house, the money, inventory, and who raises any children that can't yet live on their own (not only elders)
stories to tell can cause sims to get buffs such as "Wow I learned so much about the past" or a more negative one "sooo boring". unique thought bubbles if you played that sim to an elder like thought bubbles of things that you had them do during youth
NEW LIFE STAGES
infant: we are getting this in the update!!!
young child: goes to kindergarten. just after tot.
Pre-teen: a younger teen. goes to grade school.
mid adult: just before the elder. can have midlife crises.
Ancient elders: are older elders, maybe only some sims get this far and the rest die on aging up from elder
MISC
better Playground equipment
Hammocks, treehouses, and trampolines
school bus
full-time nanny
odd jobs for kids like running errands and getting groceries and a lemonade stand as a way for younger stages to make money
I think that is all. but it should be split up over different packs like a schooling GP, and new life stages should be the base game. thanks for reading! and I'd love to hear your ideas :)
Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
Post edited by LIL_Lilly on

Comments

• LucaslovesgamesLucaslovesgames Posts: 58 Member
    I totally agree with you, I would also love lemonade stands to make a return to the game, also watching children jump on the bed as a new interaction, children dancing together with their parents would be a nice little touch too, they just needs to be more gameplay related to families especially children, would also like to see a baby update too to make them playable like in the Sims 2 where you can carry them around and put them down anywhere.
  • LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
    I totally agree with you, I would also love lemonade stands to make a return to the game, also watching children jump on the bed as a new interaction, children dancing together with their parents would be a nice little touch too, there just needs to be more gameplay related to families, especially children, would also like to see a baby update too to make them playable like in the Sims 2 where you can carry them around and put them down anywhere.

That's a great idea @Lucaslovesgames sounds fun, I didn't even think about children dancing with their parents that's awesome
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    When you say family I think of like having a family dinner, family reunion, family game night, family movie night, family vacation. I said this before the Sims are sociable but they would talk to townie Sims faster then talking to family members unless player initiates it. Which is sad.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    When you say family I think of like having a family dinner, family reunion, family game night, family movie night, or family vacation. I said this before the Sims are sociable but they would talk to townie Sims faster than talking to family members unless the player initiates it. Which is sad.
    I agree
    a family should be, well, like a family. with all of the above, I want my sims to sit at the table and maybe have assigned seating and things to do with each other.
  • ChaefoxChaefox Posts: 1 New Member
    Personally Iove this game and I had a few suggestions to make it more amazing
    1st: 10 or 11 SIMS IN A HOUSEHOLD it would help bc mods crash pleaseeee
    2cd: BEING ABLE TO ADD A BABY OR BABIES TO CAS AND CUSTOMIZING THEM IN CAS this would be amazing
    3rd: BOYFRIEND GIRLFRIEND SETTING IN CAD FOR TEENS PRE TEENS AND ADULTS YOUNG ADULTS
    4th: MORE AGES like NEWBORN, 3M, 6M, 9M, 12M, and 18M for babies or at least 3, 6, 12 at least
    Next YOUNG CHILD 5 to 6 years PRETEEN ages 10 to 13 with second sex characteristic abilities to change like breasts THIS WOULD BE AMAZING
    5th: HEIGHT SLIDERS
    6th MORE REALISTIC ROMANCE like husband holding his wife while she wraps her legs around his and wife sitting on husband type of thing etc (not sex) just romance interactions
    7: CLAIMING A SIMS AGE IN CAS MODE this would help
    I want more romantic interactions
    more indoor activities families can do
    Being able to edit babies in Create a Sim
    Having crushes
    I want more romantic interactions
    more indoor activities families can do
    Being able to edit babies in Create a Sim
    Having crushes
    That sounds awesome, with the infants update coming plus the hsy ep, I think they are giving family gameplay more attention, and I appreciate that, and maybe that means a generations ep is coming? I hope so this is everything I wanted :)
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    Yes, all of those sound good. I like the homeschooling option but would like it if kids and teens were not forced to go to school if they are registered as homeschooled, and I like the idea of RVs. Ownable cars would be nice and being able to live in them and motorhomes/campers. If there is a way to open business then ownable food trucks, too. The idea of the will of inheritance is nice too, and the one about graveyards (nice for some spookiness, too). Or a mausoleum system that saves all graves of deceased until the player wants to take them out for the ghosts.
    edited October 2022
    octotiger wrote: »
    Yes, all of those sound good. I like the homeschooling option but would like it if kids and teens were not forced to go to school if they are registered as homeschooled, and I like the idea of RVs. Ownable cars would be nice and being able to live in them and motorhomes/campers. If there is a way to open business then ownable food trucks, too. The idea of the will of inheritance is nice too, and the one about graveyards (nice for some spookiness, too). Or a mausoleum system that saves all graves of deceased until the player wants to take them out for the ghosts.
    Ok so no, the homeschooling option would be done online or by a parent the kids could skip school though :wink: and I love the cars idea
    I really hope in the future they add a pre teen life stage between children and Teens too, I would love the Sims team to bring back the lemonade stand for the Sims 4 as a way for children and teens to make money, it would be nice to have more playground stuff too such as a slide and Seasow at least, we need more interactions between the children to the parents, in depth nightmares they effect a Sims emotions.
    I really hope in the future they add a pre teen life stage between children and Teens too, I would love the Sims team to bring back the lemonade stand for the Sims 4 as a way for children and teens to make money, it would be nice to have more playground stuff too such as a slide and Seasow at least, we need more interactions between the children to the parents, in depth nightmares they effect a Sims emotions.

That sounds really cool especially the dreams and nightmares part