Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers

Since the last patch the read toddler to sleep instruction will not work, by any method at all. The adult just waves I can't do that. Unless the adult and the toddler are in the kid's bedroom together. Then the adult's arms go strange and they pick the kid up from behind them, arms going through the adult's body!

Comments

• IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    Just me then?
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I've had parents read toddlers to sleep successfully even in this patch. Usually when the routing error occurs, they can't access the bed or a bookshelf. This also should mean the toddler can't sleep on the bed either if it's the bed causing the routing error.

Also if you use round walls, it causes a lot of weirdness with routing. Learned that out the hard way when I attempted to repeatedly send my toddlers to bed only to figure out that the floors are all janky due to the round wall and that it's the floor configuration that you can see with the tiles causing it to mess up.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I did it today with no issues.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    I have almost every pack and I have populated almost every area, all set on full AI and with 'Unlimited Sims' in the game (which I assume means NPCs). A lot is going on! I am not sure if it was after the last patch or after I installed Werewolves it began to happen. I don't have round walls. It sort of reminds me of earlier versions of the Sims, that if a task given to them was a long way off they timed out and forgot they had been told to do it! But it's not that because most other tasks work ok, even in my huge houses and lots. Thankfully if I tell a toddler to go to bed, it does.
    Oh, Clipping seems to be off as well now. Often when a Sim is going somewhere in a building it will walk through a door frame, or try to, then sort of revolve through the door hole, or walk along the foundations of a wall, very very slowly, as if they are actually walking a solid structure! Sometimes these strange bugs can be amusing.