Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Walking Dead - Has anyone else encountered this issue?

I have run across three Sims so far who died quite a while ago, but they are walking around in the flesh in my game. Here is Autumn Hamlin who had two children with a member of my 6th generation. My game currently has 9th-generation teenagers.
c4e74b_9a63bb16c3714b85ad50385bf356aba4~mv2.jpg

Below is a screenshot of the personal status of Autumn Hamlin, one of the walking dead.
c4e74b_e655fb0e14494bc0993e1674e05dd4a1~mv2.jpg

These Sims do not show in either the living Sims or the dead Sims in NRAAS, so I can only reset them by using the console command RESETSIM or by clicking on them and using NRAAS > MC > Advanced > Reset Sim.

I am almost positive I went into NRAAS to reset her about a week ago. However, my game has crashed a few times while working on my blog, so it is possible that it crashed after resetting her without having saved my game.

I just reset her under NRAAS and checked the area. There was no tombstone in the park. I sent Regan to check the mausoleum. Autumn doesn't have a tombstone there, either. She does, however, show up in NRAAS under the dead now.

When I ran Bury the Dead, it recovered 11 tombstones, including Autumn's, so I was finally able to place her in the family cemetery.

Several questions:

1. What is causing the Sims to die but not pass on?
2. What can I do to fix this issue?

Comments

• IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    No I have not noticed that. But my sims do often get texts and phonecalls from people who are dead, and look it (grey!) Spooky!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    I think that the Sims 3 missed a great little moodlet trigger with getting a call from "dead people". Perfect place to use a "creeped out" moodlet :lol:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited September 2022
    I wish there was a 'wow' react just for this thread. That is creepy, like a ghost, but I do like ghost/haunting stories... :lol: So I'll just call it awesome.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    I'm going on a limb here and say that maybe when she died a glitch of sorts occurred where the ghost shaders/effects that make ghost sims, well, ghosts, didn't apply correctly resulting in the walking dead.

This is only a guess. I'm in no way an expert on how the Sims 3 works, but on the up side, think of the lore opportunities.

An old family ancestor back from the grave. How did this happen? What does this mean for the family? Was this intentional or is there something else at work? You got the beginning to a story plot here. :tongue:
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,346 Member

@Mantejackal
    I would have had an interesting story if I hadn't reset her and did bury the dead. She now has a headstone, which I placed in the family cemetery on the Legacy House lot. She has made a ghostly appearance at least once.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I discovered a glitch in my Big Game.

A year or so ago, real time, Gobias Koffi died of old age. I had his ghost, and the ghost of his father, in my boarding school. Then Gobias's ghost vanished and I couldn't find him anywhere. I was worried about losing connections between his children and the only sim I still had was Gaylord Koffi's ghost. So I made Gaylord eat Ambrosia and he became an Adult. This preserved the link between his grandchildren (Gobias's children).

Then earlier this year I was trying to sort out my spreadsheet where I record where all of the sims in this Big Game are currently living. They are spread across 13+ worlds.

I sent a sim exploring through each of the worlds. I needed to move sims around as some worlds were over populated. I found Gobias's grave in Cake Island graveyard.

I was happy. I'd found him.

Then I continued with my quest of trying to work out where everyone was living. Then I found Gobias again in another player made world. He had managed to become a father again. While he was dead or something. I'm not sure what happened. I all occurred in the background without me knowing anything about it. The sims in worlds that hare not being played in my game are supposed to be dormant.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    @Karritz

If I didn't know any better I would almost say your Sims are starting to gain sentience.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @Karritz

If I didn't know any better I would almost say your Sims are starting to gain sentience.

They sure keep me interested. I never know what's happening with them. I can't remember now if I actually found Gobias in that world with his new daughter or not. I think the mother of the child was a sim from Dragon Valley.