Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Announcement Tomorrow 9/27

2...Next

Comments

• TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Its a competition and the prize is an all expenses paid trip to meet your BFF.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,332 EA Community Manager
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

That's exactly what I was thinking it was, I stated it on the first page
    Maybe they're going to have some event or something or other that you can enter and win plane tickets.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,332 EA Community Manager

That's exactly what I was thinking it was, I stated it on the first page
    Maybe they're going to have some event or something or other that you can enter and win plane tickets.

@Chicklet453681 is a secret SimGuru account confirmed. ;)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Hmmm. I have a couple BFFs on the forum. Wonder if we should enter. 🤔😄
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

As expected lol, although I think it’s definitely a questionable choice to promote this by teasing “big news” when it’s just a little competition
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Cade!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    As expected lol, although I think it’s definitely a questionable choice to promote this by teasing “big news” when it’s just a little competition

And not only that, it's only for one week and also only eligible to legal residents of the US and Canada (excluding Quebec).

That's a pretty short time frame to try and get a video together with someone, plus it leaves out the entire rest of the world to be able to actually participate in it.

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

And not only that, it's only for one week and also only eligible to legal residents of the US and Canada (excluding Quebec).

That's a pretty short time frame to try and get a video together with someone, plus it leaves out the entire rest of the world to be able to actually participate in it.

Aw…such a pity that people won’t get the opportunity to finally meet me. 😆
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,918 Member

Really ? Even with the EA office located in the biggest building of 'La Belle Province' ! :/ Too bad i would have liked chance to meet my online BFF ...
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member

Wow, yeah. I get why contests usually have all these legal limitations, but rarely does it seem so contrary to the very point of the contest. Travel can get expensive even within the same country, sure, but one of the most amazing things about internet friendships is connecting people from across the world.

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    It’s always wonderful to see real life examples of how people become BFFs online. 💙
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Aww so the big news was a competition. I had my toes and fingers crossed that sims 1 was coming to Origin. I mean those pixelated sims started it all <3
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited September 2022
    As an introvert player, meet somebody IRL is the very last thing in the world that I want to do :p