Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone want World Residents to have their own Routine?

Chesster_WammyChesster_Wammy Posts: 80 Member
edited September 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Basically like Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley. Each day we can find them at a specific time and place, doing something that defines them.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Like having a job?
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I don’t think every sim needs a set schedule for every single minute of the day. But I like if they mostly stick to their own neighbourhoods and have some semblance of consistency.

It is sometimes funny to see particular sims show up in random places doing random things too though and that’s part of the fun of the game for a lot of people.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I guess it would help immersion if we could set two preferred worlds and maybe five preferred venue types plus three preferred specific lots per sim.
  • Chesster_WammyChesster_Wammy Posts: 80 Member
    edited September 2022
    @PinkPaws66
    Like having a job?
    Like having a life of their own. I don't think some people define their life with their job.
    @Justine165
    have some semblance of consistency
    Exactly.
    I also love the Sims to be chaotic. But if it's too chaotic, it seems like a broken program, or feels like the developers won't care. I think we would be more enjoying the chaoticness if there is some based consistency to humanize the sims first, then being chaotic.
    @EnkiSchmidt Totally agree with your idea of preferred worlds, preferred venue types, and preferred specific lots per sim.
    At the moment I set some residents to be lot type NPCs to seem like that (Librarian, Gym Trainer, etc).
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I have to admit I would like being able to set the lots my played premade rotational sims visit per sim, not household, and prefer seeing my own rotational sims in lots overall to townies. Like for High school, I wish I could choose the sims I want to show up there. I’d like to choose which sims prefer bars, or nightclubs or lounges, etc. to cafe’s or parks and restaurants. I would not like to have to limit the types of venues my sims show up to though.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Do we know for sure that sims don't already appear in worlds/lots that reflect their person? I think Bookworms appear as NPC in Libraries more often than others. Active sims seem to be found at Gyms. Etc. I'd be happy if the game chose NPCs based on say career/traits/skills. I'd rather see Outgoing sims than Loners at a discoteque, while Art lovers and Loners could visit Museums. The harder call might be general lots like parks and retail stores. Even loners need to shop, and even Bros might enjoy relaxing on a park bench.

I'd prefer an automatic calculation made by game, it would save me from re-tagging 500+ sims whenever I get a new world or re-categorize existing lots. I like the idea of geo preferences, though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Personally, I find it fun when Sims (and some of my own) walk by the lot of my other Sims. How else would they possibly see each other? Also, having the Paparazzi and fans show up at my Global Superstars dorm room is annoying for him, (since they won't let him sleep) is hilarious to me.

I would prefer, however, if the lots unplayed could have their kids show up at school, especially at Copperdale High. I had to get a mode to try to do this. Partially successful, but not the target Sim, just her two sisters. The three are identical triplets. The one left at home was supposed to meet the love of her life, my young Global Superstar. Ah, me. Best laid plans …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    Personally, I find it fun when Sims (and some of my own) walk by the lot of my other Sims. How else would they possibly see each other? Also, having the Paparazzi and fans show up at my Global Superstars dorm room is annoying for him, (since they won't let him sleep) is hilarious to me.

Indeed. But it can be strange to see a werewolf from some family snowboarding.

I would prefer, however, if the lots unplayed could have their kids show up at school, especially at Copperdale High. I had to get a mode to try to do this. Partially successful, but not the target Sim, just her two sisters. The three are identical triplets. The one left at home was supposed to meet the love of her life, my young Global Superstar. Ah, me. Best laid plans …

Even though I have ticked Populate houses, it does not. So, they are almost all empty unless I create people to place in them, and I always do. Almost everyone wandering around I have created, and even at times play as them. But, what I want to know is, where do the NPCs live? BTW. Do you mean by show up at school, in the highschool (is it?) expansion? I don't have that.

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited September 2022
    The thing that I regret the most is NPC townies never wear their career outfits.
    Career is jail, the employees never go to eat to the restaurant for the lunch time.

I would like that doctors and detectives visit the coffee shop sometimes instead of hanging out 24/7 by using the Club system.

Some events for NPC townies with playable careers would be nice like police patrol, vaccines campaign (doctor), babysitter caring children at the park (irresponsible teens would be with their significant other) ...

• SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    No...
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
    Perhaps, but I don't want it to be too organized, like every save you ever make bob pancakes will go to the gym at 3 pm. maybe a bit of flexibility?
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point