Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 ? Lost Astral ? What do you think Maxis will announce on Oct. 18th ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
Post edited by EA_Cade on

The Sims 5 ? Lost Astral ? What do you think Maxis will announce on Oct. 18th ? 35 votes

The Sims 5
22%
LeGardePourpreKelleygirlIsb917SimTresalogionBrandontaylorLady_BalloraLegoGirl 8 votes
Lost Astral
8%
PlayerSinger2010Sigzy05simmerorigin 3 votes
Only The Sims 4 content
65%
crocobauramcruddsimgirl1010dreamerz13AncientMuseashcrash19graventhe12JEREMIABabykittyjadeEmmaVaneCAPTAIN_NXR7Sorak4DeKayEnkiSchmidtsuzyl3DaniRose2143PeralTTNsimmerRememberJoyDaWaterRat 23 votes
Other unknown project
2%
goodcakebaker62 1 vote

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Only The Sims 4 content
    My guess is that the producers will discuss The Sims 4 rebranding, a possible upgrade in the system, alternative communication methods between EA/Maxis and the Sims community with regard to bugs etc. TS4’s future and upcoming DLC.

I doubt that they’ll announce another title. That said, I’m extremely curious about Lost Astral, more so than The Sims 5 to be brutally honest…💫
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Only The Sims 4 content
    You need to know about this

- Stuff pack - Self Care Stuff or Fun Arcade Stuff
    - Expansion pack - Get Musical EP
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited September 2022
    I wish its about fixing tons of bugs and broken content/packs in ts4, + pack refreshes performance improvements n such

base game updates people have asked for ages like free babies or occult for kiddos this halloween or something? sure i would view that positively too

I guess i wouldn't mind pc spinoff game if they must announce new game

or readdition of ts1 and ts2 to origin or something be fun

but I wish desperately it is not about ts5
    some brand/celeb collab no one asked for
    or about destroying ts4 with broken features literally no one asked for

or announcing grand kit overload for rest of the year
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I thought this was going to be The Sims Summit and not Maxis Summit. Would they really announce a different game altogether?
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,804 Member
    Only The Sims 4 content
    Like others I think they're going to announce a rebranding. The Sims 4 will live on with bug fixes, pack refreshes, and the occasional new pack. The reason for the rebranding is the franchise is going to split into two different products. The next iteration that's in development will be known by a different name instead of The Sims 5. They will keep TS 4 going as long as they can until the multiplayer version is done and launched and then they will 'plan' for a replacement for the offline game. That keeps the franchise alive, if as I suspect, the multiplayer version will flop with the diehard Sims fans and not garner as much interest as they think it will with new players.

It would be a wise move if they want to keep the franchise going. If they throw all their eggs in the multiplayer basket and it bombs, going back would be very difficult if not impossible. This series is going strong, sales wise, 22 years after it started. EA and Maxis know that as things stand with us lifers, they have a cash cow...if they can turn things around and start making more packs with the quality of Werewolves, Paranormal, and City Living, among others. Werewolves came along between two disasters and proved the current group can make a quality product when they put the effort and resources into it.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2022
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be The Sims Summit and not Maxis Summit. Would they really announce a different game altogether?

Maybe "Lost Astral" is TS5
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Only The Sims 4 content
    Their logo for the sims summit and the new colour plumbob have a galaxy look to them, and we know they are working on a new EP, my guess is that it's probably something to do with aliens or pink sparkly unicorns or whatever something magical and sparkling anyway. Don't think they will announce a new game during this summit, unless it's a Sims spinoff.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited September 2022
    The Sims 5

Lost Astral could be a spin-off of The Sims.

(Note : it's BEHIND The Sims and the background is very ... astral)

c7rm3swypr44.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited September 2022
    The Sims 5

Maybe "Lost Astral" is TS5

I don't think Lost Astral is TS5 :
    • It’s a Simulation HD Game (PC / Consoles)
    • Developed / Prototyped in Unreal Engine 4
    • The game features a “3D Menu Navigation”
    • Includes “Super Abilities”
    • Comes with “Co-Op Player vs Environment” Events
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,717 Member
    edited September 2022
    The Sims 5
    I think they will announce something, it doesn't feel like they will just announce the next season for The Sims 4.

My guess is that they will talk about all things regarding the sims, probably talking a lot about their community, the success of The Sims4...what the sims stands for and they will establish what's "behind the sims", like the ability to create ourselves, live out our dreams, etc. and either during this event or future events they will shift towards what they want to make next.

Because they have made the game free they can say to their investors that there will still be plenty of people playing the game and that there are still a lot of planned future content for The Sims 4. And for future summits they will gradually talk more about their plans for The Sims 5 and how it is "behind the sims" and everything they aspire for, probably talk about how they want people to be able to share more things with each other etc. until they will announce a release date.

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2022
    Only The Sims 4 content
    I believe it's sims 4 news. They have stated multiple times that sims 4 has years of content left. I know some think they will announce sims 5 and have sims 4 along side it but that doesn't sound like a good business move because then all of the players want to know about is ts5. And we start the ts3 vs ts4 vs ts5 wars.
    I'm currently only interested in ts4 myself so hopefully that's what it's about.
    Rebranding and system upgrades as Captain suggested would be awesome!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
    Only The Sims 4 content
    Well I was kinda unsure but seems like all the Sims 5 threads have now been moved from Speculation to Off Topic so I don't think we'll get a Sims 5 announcement on 10/18.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,632 Member
    edited September 2022
    Well I was kinda unsure but seems like all the Sims 5 threads have now been moved from Speculation to Off Topic so I don't think we'll get a Sims 5 announcement on 10/18.

Glad we’ve corralled all of the speculation into one place.

• ravenphoenixskyeravenphoenixskye Posts: 4 New Member
    Only The Sims 4 content
    Whatever they are going to do, it is going to be a strategical business move. Giving the base game away for free gives away some of their money, so it has be something that will build their revenue and not give away more of their money. Although I had read how giving the base game for free was smart because then people will want the expansions and dlc and that is where the real money is, so I think they must have some big expansions & dlc in store for Sims 4. That way, they will profit off of people who already have Sims 4, there will not be a financial divide or risk with another game such as Sims 5, and the new Sims 4 players will also be tempted to buy the new expansion. I'm not naturally business minded, but from a financial perspective I think that makes the most sense. Could Lost Astral somehow be part of Sims 4? Maybe a new feature? More content? Not just a spin-off?
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Only The Sims 4 content
    I doubt sims 5 is coming any time soon tbh. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drag TS4 out to 10 years. While yes stuff like making TS4 base game free does make one wonder what they're up to I don't think it means TS5 is coming. I think they're just trying to push sales of packs for TS4. Probably they'll just announce more packs.

This also isn't the first time they've really gotten the hype up and only announced a pack for TS4. This is probably the biggest TS5 hype I've seen yet but certainly far from the first and it never ends in a TS5 announcement so until/if it's ever announced I just maintain the belief that TS4 is never ending.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Well...October 19 now...and now we know. :|
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
    Only The Sims 4 content
    Well I was wrong. 😄 Happy to know there's at least another year of new content coming to the Sims 4.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,804 Member
    Only The Sims 4 content
    Well I was wrong. 😄 Happy to know there's at least another year of new content coming to the Sims 4.

I completely missed it. I’m just happy it will have a single player mode like any Sims game should, and that TS4 isn’t going anywhere. I hope we have more than just one year left. I’d really like to see another 6 or 7 years. By that time we’ll have an idea of what TS5 is like and what the future holds with it. I really hope they take 4 or 5 years to properly build and test it and not just shove it out the door as quickly as possible.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,717 Member
    The Sims 5
    Well I was right...and my prediction about what they were going to talk about was pretty correct too...
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited October 2022
    Lost Astral
    I thought it would be Lost Astral due to the space-like marketing collateral. I wonder what will happen to that and if it's even in the Sims Universe.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Thank gppdness they picked Unreal for their game engine this time.

Glassbox was going to explode in shards if they tried to shove more stuff into it.

When you paint yourself into a box; bad things happen.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~