Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

With the game so bugged, where do you stand on new content?

GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
edited September 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
What it says on the tin. Will/has your purchasing habits in regards to the Sims change/have changed with the increase in game bugs?
Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

Post edited by EA_Cade on

With the game so bugged, where do you stand on new content? 84 votes

I am unconcerned about or the bugs aren't that bad, so I will still purchase all the content EA give us.
10%
Icewolffriendlysimmerscchant86ashcrash19BabykittyjadeIlikebuildingRay_TraceZoeyevesterOlalla1986 9 votes
The bugs are an issue I'm concerned about, but I will still support EA by purchasing new content.
11%
BluegayleSara1010Pdanacnbrettmcruddalanmichael1ID-ChristianKathykinsSheriSim57DaniRose2143RememberJoy 10 votes
Until the bugs are fixed, I will only consider purchasing new content if it's something I really want.
39%
bshag4lvKita5399KelleygirlSusanaLeoteLavasm77maggiemae8135MirichasireneilesAPottsDoloresGreyyogurrt_toobChadSims2SarahsShadyMDianaSimsRedShoe7Atreya33Chicklet453681logionLady_BalloraGordy 33 votes
I am officially done, until the bugs are fixed I will neither purchase nor download any further content from EA
22%
CK213AprilDawnimhappyRachel580benson2006Sorak4OldeseadoggelunaoddityMadIrisBooDaBoo5MareahhaisinPrincipleOfEntropyReaganboganLJKGrimlyFiendishEternalSunshineTheGrandTourFanProvidentia 19 votes
With the free content released I remain hopeful that EA are showing a gesture of goodwill & the bugs will be fixed soon (explain if this still changes your buying habits)
2%
mlmeadowssof2106 2 votes
I generally like to stand on my feet (aka this poll is dumb option)
0%
Klaatu Barada Nikto. (aka this poll is dumb option, but with a nerdy film quote)
1%
Cynna 1 vote
Other (anything not included in this poll's options.
11%
Goldmoldarsimgirl1010AncientMuseCarmineCAPTAIN_NXR7PeralSERVERFRAmightyspriteEleriluciusstorm 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    The bugs are an issue I'm concerned about, but I will still support EA by purchasing new content.
    I do hope the bugs get fixed, especially the ones from earlier packs. I do however still love my sims 4 and will continue buying new packs as they release. I have faith in EA Maxis <3
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Until the bugs are fixed, I will only consider purchasing new content if it's something I really want.
    With all deference to Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell...

Wait a minute, the words.
    All right, all right, all right.
    Say the words.
    KIaatu barada... Iu...
    Necktie.
    Nectar, nickel.
    Noodle. It's an "N" word.
    It's definitely an "N" word.
    (COUGHING)
    KIaatu barada n...
    Okay, then.
    That's it.
    (THUNDER RUMBLING)
    All hell breaks loose
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    Right now wants and fears is the only bug that's posing any real problems, and mods seem to be keeping it under control. Most of the others either aren't happening to my game or my play style doesn't interact with them. Until the 7-26 update I was really happy with my game. I'm still happy with it, but I do want the bugs addressed. I'll still keep buying packs that interest me, but not on day one anymore. Just like updates now, I'll wait and see.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited September 2022
    Like I posted before, after the wants and fears update, I don't really feel like buying any more packs (unless it's something I really want like cars) until I see:

1. More development and support for the game. It's not okay to add a game changing feature like wants and fears and not even check if they can be turned off for us players. They are also very repetitive and unbalanced.

2. More focus on having fun. More focus on variation and fun gameplay, less focus on set dressing and rabbit holes. In High School Years the after school activities like football and cheerleading was just walls of text.

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I know myself too well .... and I'll still buy something if it has new gameplay items that I think look fun, or if there's something that's totally unique or something I've been wanting.

But, I also never buy "sight unseen" .... I always wait to read other players experiences before I ever decide to update with a pre-pack patch.

Then after reading or watching bugged patch/pack reviews, I always evaluate if the issues other players are having with the patch/pack will be something I might run into too? If it's not a bug that I would typically experience because I don't play the same way (such as MWS, I never wanted it for the actual wedding gameplay ..... I only wanted the world so those game breaking bugs wouldn't have affected me because I don't do weddings), then I'll wait for mods to update before I buy.

If it's a bug that is happening basically universally with all simmers (such as the insanely obsessive phone usage, the inability to keep wants and fears shut off permanently, etc), then I will most definitely hold off updating/buying anything until some modder comes to the rescue and fixes the mess that EA gave us.

I could never, ever ..... not in a million years ever play TS4 without mods, I can handle playing without CC, but never without mods so I always wait to actually "play" the game even when I buy a pack I'm interested in and will just open my "test" save to go in and look at CAS/BB and that's about it until all my important mods are updated.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    On sale.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    I only buy stuff if it's something I really want, under any circumstances. It's not like I'm engaging in some sort of boycott by doing that ☺

Most of the bugs that were most bothersome to me over the couple of years I've been playing have been fixed, for example the cooking bug and the stairs bug.

A couple of the newest features are really in need of tuning and it's too bad that the toggle for wants and fears doesn't work yet. (I wonder if the leak of HSY caused it to be rushed out before it was really ready?)

I prefer to wait to get new packs to see if people report bugs that would make them not fun for me, before I buy them. And then if/when those bugs are fixed, I buy them then. I did that with My Wedding Stories.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    It's still way better than what Sims 3 was back in 2013.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    There are annoyances and bugs, but the game is still playable and I still enjoy it. If they can fix gardening and tune certain features, I'll be a happy simmer.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It's still way better than what Sims 3 was back in 2013.

Have to agree. I still bought the entire TS3 (minus Katy Parry) in a Steam sale a couple years back. I can thankfully still count on Nraas to fix most of the problems.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited September 2022
    I'm torn between "I'm officially done" and "The bugs are an issue, but".

Thing is, I normally am in the camp that delays updating until the game is confirmed to run adequately and mitigate bugs with workarounds and mods, but continue to buy content. At the moment, however, there is one bug that I consider gamebreaking for my playstyle (Wants/Fears toggle not working), so before that one is not addressed I won't update and therefore won't be able to buy new dlc even if I wanted. I grabbed the free Desert Deluxe kit from a different computer, but may never be able to actually download it.
  • Options
    TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    I am officially done, until the bugs are fixed I will neither purchase nor download any further content from EA
    Basically just copying and pasting this here:
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Been here since March.

I'd rather play with a broken "outdated" game than play with a broken game full of bloatware. Meaning forced features I don't care about. Some with broken toggles that keep pushing the game into the opposite of "you rule."

My collection stops at Cottage Living (which my sister wanted to buy). MWS and the High School pack are packs I'd have bought in the beginning but not 8 years later for a broken game.
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    the bugs and most importantly the simulation lag is horrible... my FPS drops so bad it gets unplayable pretty fast. Everyone talk about that lag, gamechangers, even lilsimsie, random youtube sims players... i'm not sure why it's not fixed yet. Purchasing more content would mean an heavier game, and more lag
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    I've always only bought packs that contained content I particularly wanted. Now, I have an additional requirement that it has to be confirmed functional. I need to see people playing it without bugs.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,633 Member
    I wanted to choose "Until the bugs are fixed, I will only consider purchasing new content if it's something I really want." but I already only purchase content that I really want, so it would be meaningless.

I can't say I won't ever buy or download anything else until the bugs are fixed. I'll download free stuff, I'll probably pick up the Jungle Adventures pack eventually and if they really, really, really wow me (like Werewolves-level wow) I might consider buying genuinely new content but not at launch... not until the new content has been proven stable and to live up to the hype. Right now I wouldn't get High School Years if EA paid me to do it and I would say I am extremely unlikely to purchase other new content.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I don't have many issues but now and then one pops up. Nothing game breaking though.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    My game isn't a buggy mess and therefore the subject matter of this poll doesn't apply to me I guess?

Thus, I will continue to buy what I want to buy when I choose to buy it.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I did download the free kit, even though it didn't look interesting. I figured if I get back to playing and download lots from the gallery it might be annoying if I didn't have it.

Currently I'm on a hiatus and don't know when/if I'll play TS4 again. I'm tired of seeing incomplete stuff added to the game and waiting for fixes that might never come.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited September 2022
    I am unconcerned about or the bugs aren't that bad, so I will still purchase all the content EA give us.
    To be honest, I’m between the option I clicked and the second one, but critical bugs are always fixed pretty fast (aging one or post-Snowy Escape crushing issue). So it’s not like game is being left unplayable. I know some players claim it is unplayable right now. It is not for me. I’m currently on PS5 so obviously no mods and cc included. I saw comments saying that many issues comes from using third parties add ons, I will not say anything about it as I simply don’t know. But since I purchased the Sims 4 back then on PS4 in 2018 I had literally no issues that prevented me from playing the game or made me rage quit. Was I annoyed by some bugs? Sure I was, but nothing that could make me leave the game. So I would say that I keep an eye on bug fixes but they are not game breaking for me and I’m enjoying game as it is and will purchase next dlc, unless it’s something that I despise like living in the countryside (that’s why I didn’t buy Cottage Living).
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited September 2022
    I will purchase the content, I decided a long time ago that I was going to finally have a complete set of a sims game, and 4 is it. However, I usually wait a couple of days after a patch comes out to see if there were any big game breaking problems ( like the aging bug recently ), I do the same with the packs. I check the forums to see what people say was wrong with a patch or a pack. Besides, I actually have had very few bugs that are game breaking, that have not been fixed fairly soon, and I don’t use mods or CC, and I own all the packs. I have been quite annoyed with the dirt pile bug in gardening that they can’t seem to be able to fix. But, that is probably the worst bug I have had that hasn’t been fixed.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    With all deference to Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell...

Wait a minute, the words.
    All right, all right, all right.
    Say the words.
    KIaatu barada... Iu...
    Necktie.
    Nectar, nickel.
    Noodle. It's an "N" word.
    (COUGHING)
    KIaatu barada n...
    Okay, then.
    That's it.
    (THUNDER RUMBLING)
    All hell breaks loose

Been a while since I watched Army of the Dead, but from memory I so wanted a guest appearance by Gort during that scene. I mean Michael Rennie (actor who played Klaatu in The Day The Earth Stood Still) would've been great as well, but considering he was dead at the time, a giant metallic, earth destroying robot would've sufficed. :D

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    With the game current bugs for me to buy a pack it's going to have to be something I really want bands/cars/romance/world editing for me to think of even getting another pack. Hopefully Sims 5 is announced soon so I can just drop this buggy shell of a game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    The game is becoming more difficult to play with the bugs. I still like the game but wonder if adding more content just for the sake of having more content will contribute to enjoying the game more? 2 of the 3 packs this year were very disappointing. both weddings and high school are so buggy. The only light this year was the werewolves pack. Comparing this one good pack to the two others made me realise just how big the difference is between something I really want (and actually works as intended) and something I just get because it is available.

In short it is not only the buggy state of the game but also the low quality of some of the recent DLC that make me more selective in what packs to buy.

Besides kits already mark the start of the realisation that I won't be getting all content for the sims 4. I will mainly focus on proper DLC with gameplay like EP, GP and SP, not kits which only sell good looks.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I did enjoy playing Sims 4 but haven't played since the recent issues with the update and HSY. I was looking forward to wants and fears, but reading the forums I know I won't be happy with the way it was implemented. I don't want angry/sad people roaming in my game because they have fears, not meeting wants. I would probably try playing if the wants/fears stayed off when turned off. Hoping it is fixed soon as I want to return to my game. I am not planning on buying any new content until it is fixed as I can't see spending any money on something I won't be able to use, as I don't want to play until it is fixed. I see comments a lot about mods and how they help, but I have never used mods and don't want to start now. When I buy a game, it should be playable without needing mods! Eventually, when Sims 4 does end, I probably will try mods if the game still needs them, but not until then.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I am fortunate not to have game breaking bugs and I have always bought only packs that interested me. As for supporting EA, well, no one else produces content for the SIMS. Until that happens EA is the only place to get said content. It isn't a matter of wanting to support them. When paralives comes out I will check them out, if they are at least as good I will give them support. I didn't abandon Bioware because EA took them over and I won't abandon Maxis or the Sims, it isn't about EA for me, but the games I love.