Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't You Just Hate It When …

13...Next

Comments

• Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    As a storyteller who does a lot of group activities, it drives me nuts that the average sim's attention span is like 0.05 seconds. I'm trying to get a group together around a table to shoot a scene. As the last sim sits, the first sim gets up to go do something totally random. It reminds me of acrobats, one stands on the teeter-totter and another one jumps on the other end and launches them.

Edit to add a better analogy

ikr?! It reminds me of the wack a mole game. Can't keep em all down at once. Thank good ness they made the "set the table" option that gets people to all sit qnd eat together. Also the hot pot, that does it too.
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    I hate it when you Q up actions and they drop half of them. Feed the baby and cuddle. Go to next sim give instructions. Go back to first and she's cuddling baby, ok thats done but 2 seconds later the baby is flashing a bottle. She just breast fed you didn't she? So I tell her to breast feed AGAIN. It's a extra long feed so that means she didn't feed the baby. When I feed too often they get a negative reaction and won't eat.My point is when you fill their Q and they drop some you don't know what they did and what they dropped. It's so annoying, I want them to do things in the order I want. They seem to be dropping a lot lately.

Have you tried turning off autonomy?

I was pleased that Sims are now more likely to do sensible things like Go to the bathroom and eat, on their own, but if you find your Sim is refusing to look after their baby and there's no underlying cause to address, like mean or hates children traits, maybe turning off autonomy would help.

Also if they have parenting as an aspiration, it makes them far more attentive as parents.

I don't think it was refusing to feed the baby. I believe it's the fact that all my sims keep dropping Q's. Let's say I have 4 sims, I'll Q up 4 or 5 actions for each and then go back and check on them. They will be doing the 4th or 5th thing but the first three were dropped. And they don't have ant traits that would be a problem.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Don't you just hate it when your sim walks too close to a wall or big piece of furniture and can't move at all and just stand there forever. I usually go to build mode and stick a piece of furniture on top of them and they move. It happens a lot so it gets really annoying. Sometimes it doesn't work and I go to manage world and back. so far one or the other will work.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Don't you just hate it when your sim walks too close to a wall or big piece of furniture and can't move at all and just stand there forever. I usually go to build mode and stick a piece of furniture on top of them and they move. It happens a lot so it gets really annoying. Sometimes it doesn't work and I go to manage world and back. so far one or the other will work.

Sometimes, it seems as if my Sim purposefully walks through walls. In fact, they do seem to go out of their way to walk through a wall, even though a door or archway is very near where they choose to slip through. :open_mouth:

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    My pet peeves:
    Having random townies pinch your drink after the Mixologist has finished his juggling act.
    Families of Sims all late for work / school if you step away and then come back to them a couple of days later.
    Random townies interrupting dates or social events.
    Wrangling groups of Sims is like directing kittens or ducklings - amusing but frustrating.
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    asimbsim wrote: »
    Don't you just hate it when...you pay nearly £1000 for a game that you can no longer play due to game breaking patches?!
    Yep. That's the main one for me!

Oooh honey, you wasted no time with that one. I'm here for it! :p

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47xotwnaz7hijqio077tredn0c05e83r3v2qy3moqt&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    p6tqefj