Never met your online BFF but want to? Share your story with us here for a chance to win an all-expenses paid, meet up with your BFF IRL.
The Sims 4 will be FREE to download across PC/Mac & Consoles on October 18! More info here: here

How do you feel about a potential Sims 5 announcement?

13...Next

Comments

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,844 Member
    edited September 22
    I'm interested but I'm worried it will disappoint me
    I'd really love to look forward to a sims game again but my faith in EA was lost a long long time ago so I'm definitely concerned about what Sims 5 could look like. But if/when it's announced I'll keep an eye on it and see how I feel at launch.

I never got into Sims 4 really I eventually purchased it and play it sometimes when my laptop is in good enough shape but it was by far my least favourite of the series so I haven't really had that new Sims excitement since TS3 and I miss it. TS3 while my favourite of the series was also when my faith in EA started fading because well... I can't deny it was so glitch and frustrating to deal with at times no matter how fun it was when it worked.

I'm also not sure I like the direction I think EA wants to take the franchise in.

So yeah I'd LOVE to see a good new sims game but I'm concerned for sure that it will just be a disappointment.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 10,331 Member
    I'm happy with my current game and not bothered about a new game
    I am quite content with sims 4. I know that while playing sims 3 I said I would never purchase sims 4, but I ended up with the full collection as with sims 1, 2, 3 and medieval. This time however I feel that sims 4 could get more goodies, just hope that the bugs gets worked on, especially the ones from earlier packs like Get to work. But in my heart I don't feel I will be moving on to a 5 if one was ever to be announced ;)
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 446 Member
    I am curious about what Sims 5 will be like, but I am not interested in an online Sims 5. I will check it out but I honestly am worried about the game itself and how well it will run. I am not going to get an expensive gaming computer just to run one game, and with all the problems with packs/bugs this last year with Sims 4, I am worried how it will be with a new game. I want my Sims 4 fixed and working well before I even consider a new Sims game. I also am concerned that they will strive for a more realistic game that brings real life issues into the game. I prefer a game where I can use my imagination to tell a story and I love my occults as well. I play to get away from real life and just be able to enjoy my game.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 4,992 Member
    I'm happy with my current game and not bothered about a new game
    I'm happy with what I have. Sure it has lots of bugs, but there are only a couple that are making my game more difficult to play, but I still love it. I love my current batch of sims and I really don't want to move on from them. I definitely don't want to if it's to a multiplayer version of the Sims. I'll listen to what they have to say when the time comes for the announcement. I have a bad feeling they're going to turn their backs on those of us who built this franchise, and on what made us all want to keep coming back.
    My Gallery ID: DaniRose2143
    Under The Tartosan Sun
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,551 Member
    I'm interested but I'm worried it will disappoint me
    I mean I'll check out the announcement but if they wanna continue in the overall direction of TS4, I'll put my money elsewhere honestly.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 790 Member
    Insert other response
    I don't care. I will check it out when my sister tells me about it (I think I'm going to hear about it like that because I haven't been actively following sims stuff lately), but other than that... even if it looked really nice and I wanted to play it I wouldn't buy it at release, so the announcement doesn't really matter to me.