Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about a potential Sims 5 announcement?

Comments

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited September 2022
    I'm interested but I'm worried it will disappoint me
    I'd really love to look forward to a sims game again but my faith in EA was lost a long long time ago so I'm definitely concerned about what Sims 5 could look like. But if/when it's announced I'll keep an eye on it and see how I feel at launch.

I never got into Sims 4 really I eventually purchased it and play it sometimes when my laptop is in good enough shape but it was by far my least favourite of the series so I haven't really had that new Sims excitement since TS3 and I miss it. TS3 while my favourite of the series was also when my faith in EA started fading because well... I can't deny it was so glitch and frustrating to deal with at times no matter how fun it was when it worked.

I'm also not sure I like the direction I think EA wants to take the franchise in.

So yeah I'd LOVE to see a good new sims game but I'm concerned for sure that it will just be a disappointment.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I'm happy with my current game and not bothered about a new game
    I am quite content with sims 4. I know that while playing sims 3 I said I would never purchase sims 4, but I ended up with the full collection as with sims 1, 2, 3 and medieval. This time however I feel that sims 4 could get more goodies, just hope that the bugs gets worked on, especially the ones from earlier packs like Get to work. But in my heart I don't feel I will be moving on to a 5 if one was ever to be announced ;)
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am curious about what Sims 5 will be like, but I am not interested in an online Sims 5. I will check it out but I honestly am worried about the game itself and how well it will run. I am not going to get an expensive gaming computer just to run one game, and with all the problems with packs/bugs this last year with Sims 4, I am worried how it will be with a new game. I want my Sims 4 fixed and working well before I even consider a new Sims game. I also am concerned that they will strive for a more realistic game that brings real life issues into the game. I prefer a game where I can use my imagination to tell a story and I love my occults as well. I play to get away from real life and just be able to enjoy my game.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    I'm happy with what I have. Sure it has lots of bugs, but there are only a couple that are making my game more difficult to play, but I still love it. I love my current batch of sims and I really don't want to move on from them. I definitely don't want to if it's to a multiplayer version of the Sims. I'll listen to what they have to say when the time comes for the announcement. I have a bad feeling they're going to turn their backs on those of us who built this franchise, and on what made us all want to keep coming back.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I mean I'll check out the announcement but if they wanna continue in the overall direction of TS4, I'll put my money elsewhere honestly.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Insert other response
    I don't care. I will check it out when my sister tells me about it (I think I'm going to hear about it like that because I haven't been actively following sims stuff lately), but other than that... even if it looked really nice and I wanted to play it I wouldn't buy it at release, so the announcement doesn't really matter to me.
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I'm excited to hear about a new game!
    I've been with The Sims for 22 years and watched the game progress to what we have today. Honestly, I'd like to have a sims 5, having a sparkly new base game. The only thing I'm not too sure of is the multiplayer...
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Insert other response
    Not interested in an online game, not interested in multiplayer, not interested in getting back on the minimal base game with years of expansions to follow treadmill again. So, TS5, if it ever happens, would have to go completely against the pattern that EA has adopted for the franchise for me to consider buying it. I suspect that TS4 will be my last Sims game, and I don't even have that installed any longer. I'm back to TS3, permanently I guess.
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I agree with the poster above me. I'm not looking forward to waiting on EP's just to get what should be in the base game
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    I don't want a subscription or multiplayer game. I don't want the restriction of playing in a sandbox which involves waiting on a loading screen every time I want to visit my next door neighbor. Those are all deal breakers for me, so I'm not really optimistic about TS5 to be honest. I'd love for EA to prove me wrong, but I'll believe it when I see it and sadly, I really don't expect to see it. :'(

I haven't played 4 in years now, but I remember getting a barebones game (and I do mean bare) which was a huge disappointment. It took years to get a half way decent game with the addition of various packs and game world tweeks.

Sadly, 3 spoiled me with the open world concept and has been the closest the sims franchise has come to actually being realistic while still being a game world full of anticipation and excitement. Unfortunately, it was a bit ahead of it's time as the average household didn't have a computer that could handle a huge game world. I believe most households could now handle a game of this magnitude.

Herein lies the problem for me. Even if 5 meets all of my hopes and dreams of the franchise (which I seriously doubt given past experiences with EA), we are likely to get a bare bones game world full of bugs, because, once again, they rushed it out the door to make money. So even if simmers give feedback which tells me it's the game of my dreams, it's still going to be several years before the game has the bugs worked out (sorta) and enough content to make it fun to play. I mean let's face it. How many posts have there been in this thread alone that simmers are complaining that the game is still unfinished and 4 is now 8 years in for crying out loud.

So yeah, I'm hopeful that EA will get it right with 5, but I'm not holding my breath. History says it will be years before 5 is even developed to the point where I will be able to find it interesting to play. And can EA avoid the temptation to make a money grab with a subscription game? Probably not.

Hope you prove me wrong EA, but, again, I'm not holding my breath. B)

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Insert other response
    I feel all hope has left me empty for TS5.

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Not holding my breath.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Insert other response
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    The Sims 5 will not be on my radar until we see what it will actually be. My hope is that it will be a better, deeper game than the Sims 4. I’d like to think that the developers will see what a step down 4 was and go back and make a worthy successor to the previous games. But while I hope this, I have no reason to believe that will happen. So I’m choosing not to think about it until I know one way or the other.

This is exactly what I was thinking. :)

I read that S5 will be players choice, play with friends or single player. We shall see, it's still in the distant future. After 4 iterations of the game, I'm just a little more than tired of all the standards, when are they going to be introduced, how many bugs will it have, why can't we have seasons in the base game, etc, etc.

As I'm a senior citizen, (lol that sounds weird), and I do not have all the time in the world to await releases. If they do release Sims 5 while I'm on the face of this earth, I probably will take a good hard look at it before I give up on the complete Sims 4 series.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Insert other response
    The Sims 4 is an incomplete product filled with bugs. My trust in the developers is completely shattered. The announcement demonstrated that there is no way I can put my faith in them to create a game worth buying because the sims 4 isn’t worth playing.

They say actions speak louder then words… their actions ruined the franchise for me. Words won’t fix that.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I honestly don't give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about Sims 5.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member
    It's about time 🤷‍♀️
    I've experienced 3 generation changes. From 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and 3 to 4. I'm mentally ready for the next one.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    I’m interested, but afraid that if it’s too much like Sims 4, I won’t enjoy it. I miss the open world and it just seems I can’t play Sims 4 very long without getting bored. Some elements of Sims 2 and 3 would be nice, and there are some things from 4 that I like. A combo of the good things of all the previous games might be nice.
  • IreneLiberiusIreneLiberius Posts: 22 Member
    I don't want the Sims 4 to end yet!
    It may sound heretical, but to me it sounds more like "we want more money". Whenever a game is doing too well, when most players have bought all the add-on components, you throw out a new version, which then has to buy all the add-on components again. I don't like the idea.
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I am fine with my current game. There is not much information about the new game. I need to see and hear a lot more to get excited.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'm So Excited.... I hope they announce or show things more periodically than they have with Sims 4. I've never been disappointed with a Sim game. Even though I get bored more often with Sims 4, I still enjoy playing the game when I want to play it. I also think that they have heard the players and are doing what they can to make it the best version of the Sims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iwBM_YB1sE
    WbUrFQm.png
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    edited October 2022
    Insert other response
    I'm happy that they announced Project Rene, but I'm also content with waiting.
    I wish the sims 4 ran better.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Looks like the initial hype has died down already. Until we get more official information there's not much to discuss that hasn't been discussed over the last few years.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @simgirl1010 Yeah I thought the same thing. I know my personal excitement has wanned a lot, simply because I know myself too well, and I can't be hyper-focused on it and constantly thinking/dreaming of what I would like to have in the game because it will just make the wait seem that much longer.

Plus that's also a possible breeding ground for extreme disappointment if all I do for the next few years was obsessing over TS5 and having this pre-conceived idea in my head for years of what it's going to be only to learn it's nothing like I visioned.

I am happy we have a place out in the open that we can talk about it and I do check in daily to see if there's any new leaks and stuff.

But I'm mostly just focusing on TS4 right now.
  • SimmingWithDanaeSimmingWithDanae Posts: 15 Member
    I almost chose the option that says I'm happy with my current game because I truly love the Sims 3, and I'm not up at night wondering when we'll get the next update on project rene. However, anything is possible so I'm open to a new sims game, but I hate the idea of waiting years for necessary expansions. One great thing about playing a game that first came out in 2009 is that I have all of it's expanded content already at my disposal.