Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruFrost Heavily Suggests No TS5 Announcement at Summit

13...Next

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited September 2022
    For the 8th anniversary I was thinking about "8 years ! And now ?". "What is Maxis building ? Where do we go ?"

I hope on October 18th these questions will get an answer.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    For the 8th anniversary I was thinking about "8 years ! And now ?". "What is Maxis building ? Where do we go ?"

And I hope that loyal simmers who have built this franchise up and kept it going to get EA and Maxis to this point aren’t going to get thrown under the bus. The fact that it took a last minute change to keep TS4 single player offline doesn’t fill me with hope. I feel like we’re about to be kicked to the curb.

We’ve made our feelings known, no online, no multiplayer, just make the best ever offline single player Sims. That’s what we love about this game. It’s an oasis in a world of online gaming. A place where we can go and escape, where we decide our stories.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

I hope they should listen
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited September 2022
    I can honestly say that if it's totally 100% online/multiplayer ..... I will not be getting it.

I played Second Life for years and year (over 9 years, logging in every single day) and while I did enjoy chatting with my friends from all over the world and doing virtual things together like living together, swimming, boating, surfing, hiking, dancing, shopping, exploring etc and chatting on voice, it also was a pain in the tushy a lot of the time.

Too many avatars on a sim (aka world) wearing polygon heavy hair or scripted accessories, or if the sim (aka world) had used a million high res textures, there would be massive lag .... to the point that avatar clothing (and hair) would take RL minutes to render and you'd see a bald, naked avatar (in all of it's Non-PG glory .... no Barbie & Ken dolls in Second Life, or pixel blurs) on your screen.

Then there were the trolls! The people whose only purpose for logging on was to cause grief and chaos for other people. If you went to a build sim (aka world) to build a house or an object or to try and texture something, whatever you were working on .... you could almost guarantee that some griefer would drop some heavily scripted item that could/would render your PC useless to the point it would crash your graphics card and the only thing you could do was a CTRL+ALT+DEL to shut the game down and often times you would need to completely reboot your system to reset your graphics card.

Or the massive amount of rude/crude and obnoxious IMs/DMs from strangers when you would teleport to a new sim (aka world), who wanted to get up close and personal with your avatar or would send you RL pics of their anatomy!

And then you'd have people on your friend's list who would immediately IM/DM you the moment you logged on, even before you could see the world or your avatar on screen you'd hear the IM ding sound, which is great (unless you were logging on to work on some build or creation and just wanted to do it in peace and quite without having to stop every 15 seconds to answer a message).

Plus, in that game .... there was no "undo", so if you messed something up you were building or working on and accidentally deleted something .... too bad, so sad! Start over!

So yeah .... if I wanted all that headache again, I'd just log back into Second Life (because it's NOT PG and made for kids).
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    I can honestly say that if it's totally 100% online/multiplayer ..... I will not be getting it.

I played Second Life for years and year (over 9 years, logging in every single day) and while I did enjoy chatting with my friends from all over the world and doing virtual things together like living together, swimming, boating, surfing, hiking, dancing, shopping, exploring etc and chatting on voice, it also was a pain the tushy a lot of the time.

Too many avatars on a sim (aka world) wearing polygon heavy hair or scripted accessories, or if the sim (aka world) had used a million high res textures, there would be massive lag .... to the point that avatar clothing (and hair) would take RL minutes to render and you'd see a bald, naked avatar (in all of it's Non-PG glory .... no Barbie & Ken dolls in Second Life, or pixel blurs) on your screen.

Then there were the trolls! The people whose only purpose for logging on was to cause grief and chaos for other people. If you went to a build sim (aka world) to build a house or an object or to try and texture something, whatever you were working on .... you could almost guarantee that some griefer would drop some heavily scripted item that could/would render your PC useless to the point it would crash your graphics card and the only thing you could do was a CTRL+ALD+DEL to shut it down and often times you would need to completely reboot your system to reset your graphics card.

Or the massive amount of rude/crude and obnoxious IMs/DMs from strangers when you would teleport to a new sim (aka world), who wanted to get up close and personal with your avatar or would send you RL pics of their anatomy!

And then you'd have people on your friend's list who would immediately IM/DM you the moment you logged on, even before you could see the world or your avatar on screen you'd hear the IM ding sound, which is great (unless you were logging on to work on some build or creation and just wanted to do it in peace and quite without having to stop every 15 seconds to answer a message).

Plus, in that game .... there was no "undo", so if you messed something up you were building or working on and accidentally deleted something .... too bad, so sad! Start over!

So yeah .... if I wanted all that headache again, I'd just log back into Second Life (because it's NOT PG and made for kids).

Being female in an online gaming environment isn't fun. That's on top of everything else you mentioned about the trolls. I never played Second Life even though I came close to it. I'm glad now that I didn't. I feel like I have thick skin, armor almost, even that can't stand up for long when you're bombarded with the kinds of people that still get into a moderated online game network. I've never seen a gaming network yet that could keep them at bay, even though they all talk about how they won't tolerate harassment. That's why I love coming in here to talk about the game I love. It is well moderated and the safest/least stressy environment I've found to be female and talk about gaming. Maybe it is because most of us are women, I don't know. I just know I feel free to be me here. Just because its safe here doesn't mean the gaming world will be the same. Even if it is, there is still the fact that I like my sims and I to control their stories without outside interference.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited September 2022
    We are still waiting for Lost Astral (leaked by Nvidia in 2021).
    • It’s a Simulation HD Game (PC / Consoles)
    • Developed / Prototyped in Unreal Engine 4
    • The game features a “3D Menu Navigation”
    • Includes “Super Abilities”
    • Comes with “Co-Op Player vs Environment” Events

This project could be a spin-off game of The Sims.

This background could match to it

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    Love the lies… no news on the Sims 5… only news about the sims 4… :/ wait, what’s this…

Project Rene :s
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited October 2022
    If Project Rene/Sims 5 sucks...then well, I guess there's always SWTOR once EA App makes Sims 3 unplayable.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    If Project Rene/Sims 5 sucks...then well, I guess there's always SWTOR once EA App makes Sims 3 unplayable.

@Nikkei_Simmer Given the way things have been done with the Sims 4 and how they announced their project before any meaningful updates/ improvements have been released for the Sims 4… it very well could turn out to be a very bad addition to the franchise.
    Because Merfolk Gameplay has been virtually nonexistent in the Sims 4, I’ve been filling void with content from other Sims 4 packs…

Do you have any idea how lacking things are when new packs get introduced?

They even have a history of reducing the value of expansion packs by moving content to the base game without updating an expansion pack with anything new…

Island Living introduced Off the Grid gameplay, not Eco Living… now, if you go into build mode, the Off the Grid lot challenge including ALL the build mode items are in the base game… they NEVER updated Island Living with new Build Mode items… and now, the base game is free!

The expansion pack isn’t cheap, and now, they cut its value down without doing anything to restore it!

They will do the same exact thing with Project Rene if it is the Sims 5.
    Granted, it’s just the off the grid build mode items… but that was one of the reasons you would buy island living!

The dive spots are rabbit holes!

The beach cave is a rabbit hole!

Merfolk lose the ability to interact with places sims snorkel! They didn’t even create a new interaction! It was just nope, you can’t do anything with this anymore!

Sharks… I mean you can sometimes see the animations, but they don’t effect anything in game.

Merfolk hydration and lunar phases… very weak update… I can give my merfolk unlimited hydration AND unlimited use of their powers with the Forever Fresh trait or accomplish the same thing as the lunar phase with a rewards trait that reduces hygiene decay…

I don’t consider anything that any sim can do merfolk gameplay… for my merfolk to have meaningful gameplay, they need to be able to do stuff that only they can do… and when they are in the water, the only thing they do is swim faster, summon a dolphin that does the same thing as any dolphin, free dive regardless of fitness level, you don’t even need a high fitness level to free dive, and certain abilities that never get used by merfolk autonomously, and I don’t really summon an ocean threat or use the Siren’s Call often enough!

When you start playing as merfolk, you actually get less content from Island Living to interact with!

Merfolk have a swimming bug that is probably directly from how they implemented them. Depending on the active household, merfolk have two different swimming animations… they tried to hide merfolk and ended up creating a bug that is extremely annoying!

Every single time my merfolk swimming animation gets bugged, I have to stop everything I’m doing in the water, have them go on land, then return to what I’m doing!

When it comes to social interactions, you can debate the existence of vamps, but not merfolk?

When you learn that a sim is a merman or mermaid, your sim has no reaction to the discovery!

In fact, the only thing you can do after learning about the existence of merfolk is share the discovery!

That’s just a few of the merfolk specific problems…

Just wait until I start going into Eco Living Bugs, features from High School years that cause time skip lag, and more!

And now, they are developing a new game!
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

Ea app won't make sims 3 unplayable.They are still some very old games on ea play.

Ea app won't make sims 3 unplayable.They are still some very old games on ea play.

Should see the problems that some people have been having installing Sims 3 back on while running it on EA App - packs missing, store content missing - EA Help refusing to help do anything about it. I'm not installing EA App until they've got all the bugs worked out.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager

Should see the problems that some people have been having installing Sims 3 back on while running it on EA App - packs missing, store content missing - EA Help refusing to help do anything about it. I'm not installing EA App until they've got all the bugs worked out.

Nothing that EA Help can do about that, the issue is under investigation with the EA app team currently.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    Then are they referring such matters up the chain to “TECH SUPPORT” or are they just blowing it off as “Sorry, there’s nothing we can do for you, so sorry about that.”

Because as I said I’m not switching over to EA App until the bugs are 95% worked out.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    We are still waiting for Lost Astral (leaked by Nvidia in 2021).
    • It’s a Simulation HD Game (PC / Consoles)
    • Developed / Prototyped in Unreal Engine 4
    • The game features a “3D Menu Navigation”
    • Includes “Super Abilities”
    • Comes with “Co-Op Player vs Environment” Events

This project could be a spin-off game of The Sims.

This background could match to it

I wonder if this is like Spore, a non-Sims Maxis game, or a Sims Medieval-type spin-off.

Imagine a Fortnite-style Battle Royale type of Sims game with occult/ supernatural type powers set in space. Intriguing concept.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464