Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruFrost Heavily Suggests No TS5 Announcement at Summit

simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member

So @SimGuruFrost on Twitter doubles down on his use of the descriptor "TS4" to describe the news being provided at the Summit. Read this thread.

Lower your expectations for a next-gen Sims game announcement. :neutral:
He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Sad 😰
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited September 2022
    Phew! Thank you! Now can all of you Sims team give me a stuff pack and anything musical with an expansion pack please?
  • Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    Ooh well it would have been cool to have a next gen announcement :| ,Guess we can expect lots of kit news :#:D:D
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I think it's confusing as all the Sims 4 news could mean this is all the news we will ever get on Sims 4. As in, this is the end. Or it could mean we are getting all the news that they have to tell us currently.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    I don't think there will be any TS5 announcement until they first announce that they are done with TS4. It has always been like this. I really hope they have a winter EP in store for us.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited September 2022
    Usual 3-month roadmap

In 2021, VP/GM Maxis :
    Now we talk about them lasting ten years, 15 years, or more.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2022
    No?

Frost originally posted "More TS4 news coming October 18th during a special livestream" and then SulSulSimmerK responded "Give us ALL the news" and Frost responded with that tweet.

That doesn't suggest anything for me, Frost is only saying that they will have sims4 news during the livestream. Not that they will not talk about anything else.

Post edited by logion on
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    That's sad if it's true I'm ready for a real Sims game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I like the sound of that. I really am happy with TS4. Fix the major bugs with it, and learn what you did so well with Werewolves and use that as a template for how to make successful packs in the future. Do those things and we have a game with plenty of mileage left.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited September 2022
    Good, those who are hoping for TS5 are practically the same ppl who hate ts4. As if ts5 isn’t going to be milked exactly the same way ts4 has
    Post edited by SelinaKyles on
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Y'all! Come on now! As a simmer, I love The Sims 4! Because the reason why I love it is because hip hop was my first favorite music that came back in 2018-2019. So please don't start with me, I'm not allowed to complain about what happen to The Sims 4, and if I hate it, all simmers on social media are gonna blocked me for saying anything mean about The Sims 4 and the SimGurus. Look, if y'all still hate The Sims 4, that is OK with me
    Good, those who are hoping for TS5 are practically the same ppl who hate ts4. As if ts5 isn’t going to me milked exactly the same way ts4 has

Lol no thats not true, I like sims 4 i enjoy playing it but its still missing alot of content and it would be nice to have a new gen sims game after 8 years id hope it would have all the content sims 4 doesn't have. im keeping my expectations low i just expect kits and more kits to be announced lol. :D
    Good, those who are hoping for TS5 are practically the same ppl who hate ts4. As if ts5 isn’t going to be milked exactly the same way ts4 has
    We hold out hope for a strong base game that allows color wheels (not just for pets or werewolves) that allows world editing and gives us basics like cars and immersive npcs a game built to be a real Sims game were Sims are designed with personality in mind not just to stand there talking like an online game where each player has to micromanage everything including emotions. If they can get the base game of Sims 5 right bring on the milking its expected with the Sims.
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    I'm bored. It's been 8 years. I want something new. Not necessarily TS5 but something new that isn't a massive bug fest. I can't even imagine what this news can be about, what is there left? Again, 8 years. TS4 is tired, she's ready to go night-night or get a whole refresh.
    I'm bored. It's been 8 years. I want something new. Not necessarily TS5 but something new that isn't a massive bug fest. I can't even imagine what this news can be about, what is there left? Again, 8 years. TS4 is tired, she's ready to go night-night or get a whole refresh.

Yassssssss!!! :D:D:D
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    edited September 2022
    I like the sound of that. I look forward to hearing what they have to say. My game plays well, bugs are few and far between. I hope the upgrade the babies it would be nice. I really like how easy it is to build in sims 4. There are a lot of things that can be made better in sims 4. I enjoy the collaborations with the custom content builders and hope that continues.

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I really like Sims 4 and I'm not sure I'd welcome the next series. I've been through 22 years of base games, seasons, pets, parenthood in several forms, occults, et. al., and I'm just not up to starting a new series...been there done that got the teeshirt kind of thing.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited September 2022
    as someone who isn't ready for sims 5 sorry but I don't felll dune witch the game becouse we are still missing so much like cars horses and fairy's but if sims 5 comes I would at lest be willing to look at it but probaly won't buy it right away
    Post edited by gamercat on
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member
    logion wrote: »
    No?

Frost originally posted "More TS4 news coming October 18th during a special livestream" and then SulSulSimmerK responded "Give us ALL the news" and Frost responded with that tweet.

That doesn't suggest anything for me, Frost is only saying that they will have sims4 news during the livestream. Not that they will not talk about anything else.

You have a MUCH more optimistic reading of this than I do, LOL. It seemed like a refocusing on Sims 4 for this particular Summit. But we shall see...
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    We hold out hope for a strong base game that allows color wheels (not just for pets or werewolves) that allows world editing and gives us basics like cars and immersive npcs a game built to be a real Sims game were Sims are designed with personality in mind not just to stand there talking like an online game where each player has to micromanage everything including emotions. If they can get the base game of Sims 5 right bring on the milking its expected with the Sims.

Exactly and when that doesn’t happen everyone will want 6, lol
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,915 Member
    Its only grapevine gossip, im betting next year... or whenever :wink:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member

Don't be so quick to judge others just because they are hoping for TS5. I'm still enjoying TS4,but with the way things are going,I'm afraid that TS4 will be completely unplayable by 2023. I don't know why the TS4 devs want to keep the Sims 4 era going on for many more years when more and more problems are piling on;problems that are being ignored by the devs. There are STILL stretched-out headless foxes in the Sims 4 unplayed households,and I don't think that glitched will ever be fixed. If the game devs want to keep Sims 4 going on,they'd better stop churning out packs and get busy fixing all the bugs and glitches that have been in the game for years.

In the meantime,I'll just be playing more of Minecraft, Roblox and Stardew Valley.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member

There's more nuance required here.
    logion wrote: »
    No?

Ok that makes sense I don't have Twitter so I was not sure how that convo went he did say all the Sims 4 news which makes sense for that convo. He did not say only Sims 4 news so it could go either way here. This event seems to be hyped up I doubt it's about Sims 4 being free now which we already know and you get 3 more kits to end the year something big is coming.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    The hype, the excitement, the thrill, the wait!!! Announcement: Two new kits are on their way! :D