Never met your online BFF but want to? Share your story with us here for a chance to win an all-expenses paid, meet up with your BFF IRL.
The Sims 4 will be FREE to download across PC/Mac & Consoles on October 18! More info here: here
September 23rd- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

The Sims 5 Announcement Likely Imminent!

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,314 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm hopeful but please no subscription service or forced multiplayer...

i agree with @Onverser 1000% no sub or force multiplayer and feel free to sign the petititon in my signature
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 129 Member
    TS3 was the first time I really got into sims. I was too busy with life to get into TS1 and completely skipped TS2.

When TS4 was released, I was very hesitant. TS3 had become such a glitchy mess that I wasn't sure I wanted to continue with Sims. Then my curiosity got the better of me and I jumped in after a couple of months. I was hopeful that things would be better. Gah, was I wrong! The first clue was all the things that were missing in the base game. Yet, I've hung in there because I really like my sim babies. It's not the game, it's my little pixel people and my townies that keeps me going. Plus, I love building.

However, if I had known that things would be so half baked and that they would completely ignore issues/bugs for YEARS? I would have stayed with TS3 and never spent so much on TS4.

Lesson learned.

They're going to have to do some serious wooing to get me to purchase anything related to TS5. Serious wooing. Like free stuff, wooing. I know I won't be jumping in the first year or maybe even the second, unless stuff is free. I don't care about the things you get for free when you purchase before a certain date. I rarely use any of the stuff. I mean things need to be free without a purchase attached, that kind of wooing.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 988 Member
    I too don't want any new sims game to be multiplayer or subscription. I'm old enough to qualify for a senior bus pass and other discounts, so doubt I could adjust to a multiplayer game; especially considering all I've heard about how rude, etc people can be in them. And my niece & nephew have had stuff taken/changed on them in roblox. Also, I couldn't afford a subscription right now anyway and I doubt I'll be able to whenever Sims5 is released.

So unless there's a single-player option that is NOT subscription then I won't be getting Sims5.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 412 Member
    I'm fine with multiplayer being an optional, secondary mode. I just don't want the game itself to be multiplayer...that's a big no.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 762 Member
    I won't buy it if multiplayer is connected in any way, I don't have enough trust based on past experience with EA for them to be able to do single player and multiplayer at the same time and make both good. The single player campaigns in both the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series suffered when they tried to do both, neither were the quality they should have been, at least to me. Thanks, but no thanks. Not only that, but even without multiplayer, Sims 5 will have to really blow my mind and show me something spectacular for me to start all over again from scratch.
  • heiblumeheiblume Posts: 22 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    Fingers crossed... I have a lot of love for this franchise, but I feel like no matter what is added to TS4, nothing is making the depth any better. I could do with a teaser of some sort so we have something to look forward to, even if it is a couple of years away.

I could not say it any better. If I wasn't playing The Great British Sim Challenge right now, I would not have a reason to actually sit down and play. I loved the Sims 3 for its depth of play, previous iterations had a challenge of actually making it alive though a day. I want little quirks and surprises with my sims, even ones I created. I want them to have a unique personality.

I understand I will have to start all over again buying expansion packs, etc, but for me, if it has the depth of play I will be ecstatic and will invest in it. Most of the new packs for the Sims 4 are additional stuff and quite frankly I get tired of scrolling through and trying to find a matching chair for my sofa. I want game play packs, but I am afraid Sims 4 is at a limit for additional non buggy game play.

Online, I am iffy about. I am not a multiplayer person. But I could see a community like we see on these forums being awesome to play with in a Sim town, treating other players as uncontrollable NPCs, as long as there is an option to have a little area offline for yourself, a big wide world to explore as in Sims 3 would be OK in an online version. When the Sims online was out, I was still on dial up, and MMORPGs were fairly new. I do think an online version of the Sims could work.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 2,596 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Please Don't The Sims 4 is the game that saved my life in my darkest moments. While it is inevitable to move on for the next generation, I hope that atleast we can have 3-4 years more of the game. I wanted to have bands or atleast 3 more occults in the game.

In addition, if TS5 is going to be multiplayer, mods is probably out of the question such as in Simcity. I hope that if TS5 is multiplayer, they can continue building TS4 because I can't see myself transitioning if that is the case.

I think that just a mode.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 4,708 Member
    Instant Gaming has now put up Sims 5 on its website. :)

About the Game

This new game concentrates on social interaction and competition according to the game’s developers who like to give long-term players what they want. Accordingly, look out for open world exploration of the type that made Sims 3 so popular – the instant porting enabled in Sims 4 was disappointing to many die-hard fans.

This open world format enables you to go and interact with your immediate neighbours and perhaps even further afield. In fact, you can help to craft the kind of neighbourhood you want, using the new and improved neighbour building tools, literally building a community for your Sims to enjoy and thrive in.

In some kind of reverse Pied Piper bid, toddlers are back having been snatched away in the initial Sims 4 offer. Babies, which were present in Sims 4, but limited to their cribs, are now free range, so you can cuddle your Sim baby without being tied to the home.

Finally, look out for new and exciting NPC characters who will do their best to spice up your Sims’ lives – or get them into trouble.

The Nitty Gritty

New to Sims 5 is the highly anticipated multiplayer option. It is a great way to connect with your friends and it is cross platform cloud-based play, which means that it doesn’t matter which console your friends have.
    Graphics and character designs are more polished, while building design is also improved. The new game features a ‘creator marketplace’ which ties into the multiplayer offer. This means that you (and your Sims) can craft items for other players in exchange for goods or simoleons.

Once the game lands – at a date still to be announced, anything deemed to be missing by players will almost certainly be provided with future expansion packs or as DLC (downloadable content) as the developers are very good at giving the players what they want to keep them coming back for more.

What Will My Sim Look Like?

Sims are finally moving over to a new platform which is expected to offer even better looking Sims. The current platform for Sim customisation is the one that has been used since the first Sims game and is well overdue for an upgrade. These are just some of the things you can expect from your new-look Sims.

Realism: new Sims will be even more detailed and realistic than before, with a wide range of skin tones, body shapes and accurately plotted movements when they run and walk

You! Your new Sim can even look like you, if you use your camera to take a scan of your face, so you can feel even more immersed in your Sims’ activities than you already do!

Dress Up: your Sims can wear even more diverse clothing than ever before, so you can experiment with national dress, try out different styles to find your unique look, or simply change your clothes as often as you’d like to in real life!

The Sims 5 for PC will be available for purchase on Instant Gaming for a fraction of its retail price. You will receive an official key and be able to play the game in seconds. Play smart. Pay less.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Joy, multiplayer. It actually had me up until that, but unless there's a full and complete single player option, I'm just not interested. I'm not interested in competing with people and the microtransactions that come with it. Hopefully when they stop developing for Sims 4, it feels complete. Many people still play Sims 2 and Sims 3 and both of them are just fine without getting new content every few months.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 4,708 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Joy, multiplayer. It actually had me up until that, but unless there's a full and complete single player option, I'm just not interested. I'm not interested in competing with people and the microtransactions that come with it. Hopefully when they stop developing for Sims 4, it feels complete. Many people still play Sims 2 and Sims 3 and both of them are just fine without getting new content every few months.
    It said multiplayer option so it sounds like single player is there my worry is no mention of cars but besides that the game sounds amazing so far.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,045 Member
    edited September 20
    Although I'm excited to hear about what it's going to be like, I'm not trusting that description.

Especially because of this one sentence.....
    The Sims 5 for PC will be the fifth main game in the enormous franchise which has seen double-digit multiples of expansion packs adding to each game’s universe. This game, coming out soon, carries the hopes of fans that it continues the fine tradition of reflecting our own world back at us, albeit in a zany Sims kind of way. The following are best guess details of what the game will include as little has been confirmed as yet

And also, the release date they show is for 2022. I'm pretty sure they will not be releasing the game within the next 3-4 months. If I had to guess I'd say we're still 1.5-2 years away.

TS4 was announced in May of 2013
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/the-sims-4-announced

Gameplay reveal in August 2013
    https://moviesgamesandtech.com/2013/08/26/sims-4-gameplay-revealed-gamescom/

Released September 2014
    https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2014/The-Sims-4-Available-September-2-2014/default.aspx
  • Susim62Susim62 Posts: 223 Member
    Multiplayer and open world? I'll pass on this one.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 140 Member
    edited September 20
    I'm interested but I'm worried it will disappoint me I just don't fell ready for sims 5 I'ed rather they work on making sims 4 better that said I like the sims a lot so if sims 5 comes out even throw it's against my will I would be at lest willing to look at it on YouTube before desiceding If i want to buy it or note but for me now is note the right time so hopefully it's note comming anytime soon
  • Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 37 Member
    Very interesting guess will see if it comes true next month :open_mouth:
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 3,080 Member
    Sounds like it could be interesting but also has potential to end up as a huge disappointment.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    New to Sims 5 is the highly anticipated multiplayer option. It is a great way to connect with your friends and it is cross platform cloud-based play, which means that it doesn’t matter which console your friends have
    I hope they realise not everyone want multiplayer. I hope single player is still an option. I also hope single player does not limit your possibilities. I am thinking about things like animal crossing where it is impossible to collect all fruits without visiting friends.
    The new game features a ‘creator marketplace’ which ties into the multiplayer offer. This means that you (and your Sims) can craft items for other players in exchange for goods or simoleons.
    So we basically sell things we make for in game currency? Does that mean there is a monetary system like we had in sims freeplay where you are limited to the money you make? No more money cheats?
    Realism: new Sims will be even more detailed and realistic than before, with a wide range of skin tones, body shapes and accurately plotted movements when they run and walk

You! Your new Sim can even look like you, if you use your camera to take a scan of your face, so you can feel even more immersed in your Sims’ activities than you already do!
    All very nice but it gives me the impression that supernatural gameplay is even more ignored than it has been in sims 4. I hope we get more options than just the realistic ones. Not everyone wants to play a simself.

At this point it could go both ways, positive or negative. Too early to tell yet. At least they seem to realise this time around that simmers think toddlers and babies deserve attention.
    Although I'm excited to hear about what it's going to be like, I'm not trusting that description.

Especially because of this one sentence.....
    The Sims 5 for PC will be the fifth main game in the enormous franchise which has seen double-digit multiples of expansion packs adding to each game’s universe. This game, coming out soon, carries the hopes of fans that it continues the fine tradition of reflecting our own world back at us, albeit in a zany Sims kind of way. The following are best guess details of what the game will include as little has been confirmed as yet

And also, the release date they show is for 2022. I'm pretty sure they will not be releasing the game within the next 3-4 months. If I had to guess I'd say we're still 1.5-2 years away.

Released September 2014
    https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2014/The-Sims-4-Available-September-2-2014/default.aspx

I can see an announcement happening this year, but a release in 2022 as well seems to good to be true (if the sims 5 is actually good)
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 762 Member
    If this is true, the multiplayer part, then I know I won't need to worry about giving any more of my money, guess being able to save is a plus.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 761 Member
    MULTIPLAYER and REALISM?! I don't think this bode for a good result. How many would really want to play themself, whit all the inhibitions and making a good impression to completly unknowns from all over the world. How many would instead chose to copy someone very famous and make them perform scandalous acts, and what is the laws surrounding that?!
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 129 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Instant Gaming has now put up Sims 5 on its website. :)

What is this?

Why are we quoting a website with a 2.14% approval rating? They don't even sound legit. I searched them was like nope, not even touching that website.

This all sounds like fantasy anyways, the entire write up.
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,474 Member
    edited September 25

^^ Personally I think The Sims 5 is close - what do you think?

…and also check out THIS:

Thank you friendlysimmers for posting this ^^
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 617 Member
    Best guess details, meaning they’ve just gathered what has been speculated. I wouldn’t look too much into it.

ancient dreams in a modern land
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,045 Member
    Someone else already posted on the forums about Instant Gaming having TS5 listed on their site with a description and a release date of 2022.

But the description on that site clearly states "The following are best guess details of what the game will include as little has been confirmed as yet", so I don't think they have any more information than the rest of us and are just assuming that an announcement will be made next month at the Sims Summit.

The whole discussion on the forums can be read here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003523/the-sims-5-announcement-likely-imminent/p1

I will just copy part of what I wrote in that post rather retyping it all:
    The release date they show is for 2022. I'm pretty sure they will not be releasing the game within the next 3-4 months. If I had to guess I'd say we're still 1.5-2 years away.

Released September 2014

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,025 Member
    No no no no noooooo!!! Not without a music-themed EP for The Sims 4
    My Sims 4 radio station wishlist
    Disco (AKA NuDisco), Latin, Hip Hop, R&B, Reggae

#RnBForTheSims4 - Wanna help me bring back R&B station to The Sims 4? Please sign the petition here
    He/him or any
    TS4 List of Radio Stations
    sAf5i63.png
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 108 Member
    No it will be announced the summer of 2023 and we will be told it will release sometime late 2024. But they will delay it tell fall or September of 2025. That’s sets up another ten years to work with the Fifth sims game. The reason the 4th one has had so many issues is because they are putting more money time and and resources into the fifth game so it’s not a dissapointment. They have taken notes throughout the sequels and years to know what fans want and what works and what doesn’t. I think they will put everything that worked from previous sims game into 5. At least if they are smart that’s what they will do. They will introduce online multiplayer as an option for those who want it to attract a new fan base, but they won’t center the whole game around online multi player because they know a large amount of their fan base now is offline players.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery